Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears (11758 Views)

Police Beats Man For Asking For His 2 Months Salary From His Boss(video+pics) / FG Slashes November Salaries, Civil Servants Cry Out / Federal Government Set To Pay Workers’ Salary Arrears And Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 13, 2015
Civil servants in Benue State have shunned offices, following the non-payment of their salary in the last six months.

Traders have cried out for lack of patronage.

Investigations by The Nation showed that primary school teachers are the worst hit, as they are owed five months’ salary without any hope. Although there was an announcement on the state-owned radio that Governor Gabriel Suswam ordered that their salary should be paid.

When our correspondent visited the state secretariat, most of the offices were empty. Those who reported for duty were idling away in parks and gardens, discussing the hardship caused by the non-payment of salary.

A civil servant, who works with the Ministry of Agriculture, Comrade Paul Omale, said his two children had been sent away from school because he had not paid their fees, adding that he was finding it difficult to feed his family.

He said he had parked his vehicle and resorted to trekking because he could not afford petrol sold at N105 per litre.

Mrs. Torkwase Ugoh said she could not afford the transport fare of N100, hence she decided to stay at home until her salary was paid.

At the Ministry of Land and Survey, civil servants plucked unripe mangoes and ate them as breakfast.

They said the non-payment of their salaries for almost six months had made life unbearable for them and their families.

Beer parlour operators complained of low patronage.

The Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Comrade Godwin Anya, debunked a report that teachers had been paid, saying government owed them five months’ salary.

A teacher in LGEA Primary School, Ayilamo, Tombo Ward, Mrs. Ukeyima Ucha, said Governor Suswam did not mean well for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Prince Terhemen Tarzor, if he owed salary.

“Suswam wants Tarzor to succeed him, but he has forgotten that the best campaign for Tarzor is for the PDP-led administration to pay workers’ salary. Election is near and people will reject an administration that does not pay civil servants,” Mrs. Ucha said.

A government source, who preferred anonymity, told The Nation that the shortfall from the federal allocation and fall in oil prices caused the delay in the payment of salary.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/benue-workers-shun-offices/
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by GEJisBOKO: 9:28am On Mar 13, 2015
Ochejoseph you are needed here. Your state is sinking. PDP has ruined benue state sadsad

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2015

At the Ministry of Land and Survey, civil
servants plucked unripe mangoes and ate them
as breakfast.
Chai! Diaris God ooo! grin embarassed

Ochejoseph,come and see what is happening to your state. The next time you talk bad of Rochas Okorocha,be ready for a showdown with me. angry

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 13, 2015
Yes.....PDP too has issues with salary....yet Reno is looking at Osun grin

Still....the main issue is that States do not know how to make money for the state coffers. That is why I laff in Chinese at people calling for resource control....when many states have not learned how to mange and develop their resources by themselves....how can a region do the same.

Nigerian State Governors better learn how to use the available resources to develop their states. The age of allawee from Abuja is at an end. Oyel prices are falling. Benue can use its oranges to develop something.

16 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 13, 2015
suswan has heaped a mountain of curses on himself.
i know a man whos salary is 80k.but he only gets 5k alert instead every month.:-
suswam.will die like a dog!

18 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Noloss(f): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2015
Dis is terrible and unfair. This is what Osun State workers r facing. We need to cast our vote wisely
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Joniboi(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2015
Lord have mercy!!! Six gini? Chai Suswan! All this salaries you are chopping, God is watching oooh..kontinu!

4 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Joniboi(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2015
PDP ruining Nigeria since 1999. Smh...There was a country!

8 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
I swear Suswan is a pig, he has done nothing at all us, for d past 8years(i'm from Benue).

Come to Benue and you'll know the real definition of 'suffering and smiling'

-No roads. You'll only find dual carriage road(s) in Makurdi, the state capital.

-Having light for five straight hours is like a dream come through.

-water nko? U must be joking.

-Lecturers with the state poly and college of Edu. have been on strike for the past seven months, they just suspended the strike two weeks bck and i'm sure the fat retard is still owing them.

Benue state cant not be compared with other state cus of its backwardness. People are still living in thatched houses, some villages in Benue dont even have electricity. People are still fetching and drinking from spirogyra infested stream water. Chaiii!!!!!!!!!

Benue is a failed state and the stu:pid governor..............make i no tok.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
“Do you have what it takes to be part of the
Next Generation Workforce?”
Be part of the league of extraordinary employees
that will be placed in major organizations this
Only for persons with 0-5 years of experience*
No CV or Resume is required to Apply for this
program
Application is closing soon!!

Check my signature for the link to use to apply
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by LordMecuzy(m): 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
Lol all Higher Learning institutions are on strike due to salary arrears including Benue State University...
Jonathan might loose Benue d largest populated state in NorthCentral.. Some governors shaaaaa no help GEJ at all...

If a 96% Christian state in northcentral PDP might not win, wonder where GEJ block votes would come from

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by fitzmayowa: 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
We are in trouble in this country, from Change chanting governors to Transformation chanting governors, all they do is chant Change and Transformation, while their civil servants are dying of hunger due to their insensitivity...

These governors have indeed failed, this not the time to start throwing blames around, they should do the needful by paying their civil servants who have numerous responsibilities on their shoulder...

How can a sane governor owe its staffs for one month let alone owe them for 3 - 6 months as the case in Osun and Benue...SMH

4 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by MKO4ever(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
We need change!!!!

SAI BABA

4 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
When will Naija ever get it right.May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by ralmix(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
embarassed
in my cuntry if rat join politics he gets a pay.....

2 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by steppins: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
PDP and APC guilty of the same crime.
I reserve my comment.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by gurunlocker: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
APC doing their own in OSUN.... PDP doing theirs in Benue

thunder fire their left yansh both aregbe and suswam
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by not4sure(m): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
This what suppose to be happening in Osun not stage protest we are seeing Nigeria Politician don't go with protest but strike
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by madridguy(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Civil servant dey hungry while governor dey build mansions...
Laughing in Korean........Yesterday was PDP state person advising Osun State governor to pay his workers but he forget to remind Benue State governor....if I could remember, PEJ went to Benue State weeks back telling the good people of the State that she has brought rice , cloth , Yam and other things for them....I busted into laugh now reading this news...I keep saying it is earlier that we wake up from our slumber...let put sentiments aside, I might be clamoring for CHANGE while others want TRANSFORMATION but the fact remain our politician are heartless...it is high time we masses rebel against them all....They are all the same thing, same evil society and it is only during election time we see them getting closer to us.....I was watching a program last night campaigning against Cyber crime on MITV before another news hit the front page how Samuel Eto was wrongly accused of a Credit card fraud perpetrated by our brothers in the UK....We need both Change and Transformation to move our society forward...God Bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by fineguy11(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dats wat u get when u choose transformation over change..GMB 15

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by alaoeri: 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Expecting a statement from Reno Omokri regarding this otherwise he's a hypocrite of the highest order.
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by ABDamola(m): 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Who will save Nigeria?
4rm devalueing our naira to non-payment of salary in 22 states to mass retrenchment to loss of shareholders to inflation!!!!

1 Like

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by RichDad1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
For those that didn't know:
This is a PDP state
The same state the Senate President hails from
DAVID MARK SHAME ON YOU.

14 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by akanbiaa(m): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
In as much as I don't like to be partisan I don't see the set of people condemning Osun state government for non payment also condemning Benue state Government, is it that as long as it's PDP no matter the sins it's nothing worthy to criticize? Even when aregbe did a lot of programs that touched the grass root and I hardly hear anything about the developmental programs of Suswan yet the e warriors here are not saying anything, these proves my point that many online users are paid to post what they post and not a genuine will to post what is right and make Nigeria better.

7 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
Benue is Nigeria's sh!thole anyway.
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by anonimi: 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Yes.....PDP too has issues with salary....yet Reno is looking at Osun grin

Still....the main issue is that States do not know how to make money for the state coffers. T[b]hat is why I laff in Chinese at people calling for resource control....when many states have not learned how to mange and develop their resources by themselves....how can a region do the same.[/b]

Nigerian State Governors better learn how to use the available resources to develop their states. The age of allawee from Abuja is at an end. Oyel prices are falling. Benue can use its oranges to develop something.

Is it not said that NECESSITY is the mother of invention?

Did the more autonomous regions before the Jan. 1966 coup not have better & promptly paid civil servants?

Non-viable states will merge with others when the monthly sharing of Niger Delta oil revenue stops, don't you think so
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by falconey(m): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
PDP!!!!!!!!!
Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by Joey82(m): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
The worst is same governor is contesting the senate sit of his zone and he'll win.
Union leaders seem to have been bought over.
How can u be owed 5months salary and u still go to work.
How do u even start transporting urself to work, not to talk of feeding ur family and paying school fees.
Suswam sure makes Akume (ex governor) look like a hero.
Kudos to the union leaders of state owned higher institutions for refusing to take sh.it form the governor.

5 Likes

Re: Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears by free2ryhme: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work / Please I Need Advice On Which Career Path To Take / 40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.