Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] (8388 Views)

New Study Shows Ancient Israelites Didn't Wipe Out The Canaanites / Astronomy In The Ancient World. / Wonders Of The World; World's Current Biggest Ship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Pdizzle(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2016
Nice list johny.
The Romans always keeping it 300!

What about Sungbo's Eredo in ijebu?
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Pdizzle(m): 10:25am On Jul 05, 2016
MightySparrow:
Any wonderful feat from blacks?

Note: Egyptians are not black.

What race were the acient Egyptians?
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by MightySparrow: 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pdizzle:

What race were the acient Egyptians?

Egyptians, Tunise, Algerians are not blacks but arabs. That they in African continent does not change their identity no more can Jamaican, or peoolefrom Bahamas claim to be Americans by default.
Black race does not understand the dynsmics of life and human development. We are not likely to emerge a leading civilization till thy kingdom come.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by MightySparrow: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pdizzle:
Nice list johny. The Romans always keeping it 300!

What about Sungbo's Eredo in ijebu?

Folklore like those of tortise and rabbit. No more.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by johnydon22(m): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
MightySparrow:

Egyptians, Tunise, Algerians are not blacks but arabs. That they in African continent does not change their identity no more can Jamaican, or peoolefrom Bahamas claim to be Americans by default.
Black race does not understand the dynsmics of life and human development. We are not likely to emerge a leading civilization till thy kingdom come.

Ancient Egypt were blacks
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by MightySparrow: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
[quote author=johnydon22 post=47231548]
Ancient Egypt were blacks[/quote

Interesting, why are they not blacks now?
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by MightySparrow: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
[quote author=johnydon22 post=47231548]
Ancient Egypt were blacks[/quote

Interesting, why are they not blacks now?
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
RobinHez:

This guy and his bragging rights! grin

Anyways... Just a few questions.
Bring 'em on.

1. Does the earth being an Oblated Spheroid allow for an 'annulus-wall'?
the earth is an oblate spheroid around the X - Y axis. at the equator, it is a perfect circle around the Z axis. So, yes, it damn well allows for an Annulus Wall.

2. If we're to go by ur calculations, where do we start building the walls from? Equator or Poles...
It actually doesn't matter. If you study topology, you'll find that an oval(vertical cross section of an oblate spheroid) and a circle(horizontal cross section of an oblate spheroid) are topologically equivalent. hence, they approximate to the same value, for similar radii. but in order to simulate my calculations properly, it will go around the equator.

3. On the case of calculating with volume, the claim is that' the-number-of-stones-in-the-pyramid'
No, the claim is that "there is enough stone" there is no mention of "number of stones" read it again.
and we all know, the volume does not reflect the number of stones, seeing that some parts of the pyramid are blank... More like an hollow of some sort. How do u wish to resolve that...
the pyramid is not hollow. not even remotely. sure, it contains some holes, and passages. but those are insignificant, compared to the larger mass.

that being said, I allowed for it. assuming the pyramid was a full solid, I expected the stone to distribute into an annulus wall that was TALLER than 2ft. removing the hollow parts, and the parts where no stone can be found, the wall's height reduces to ALMOST 2ft, which confirms the claim. and that's with 10 centimeters width. even if the pyramid was half hollow, just reduce the width of your wall to 5 centimeters, and it will still surround the earth AND have a height of 2ft+

Er... These are the questions I can think of. But seriously I admire ur zeal!
Zeal indeed. I believe I have answered all your questions and put your doubts to rest. you can always ask more. I am here to reply. grin grin
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by HardMirror(m): 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
RobinHez:
Er... Uncle Johnny, I saw this piece of info on my G+ feed... I dunno how true it is (heck! I seriously doubt it's authenticity! angry)
Could be possible depending on the thickness of the wall.
Would need to know the quantity of stones involved in this architectural marvel, we already know the circumference of the earth.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by HardMirror(m): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
johnydon22:

2ft wall around the earth? that almost certainly untrue no doubt... A severe lie that is
Why? What is the quantity of stones involved first? Then we take it from there
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by HardMirror(m): 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Teempakguy:
Of course not.

The issue is that of Volume. Not that of material.
Good one bro. Even if it means slicing the blocks. Mathematically the volume is what matters.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by HardMirror(m): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
MightySparrow:

Not true. Parts of the walls still stand till date.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by johnydon22(m): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Why? What is the quantity of stones involved first? Then we take it from there

I do not know the number of stones involved.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
I Guess Social Animals All Have This In Common Here Are Some Ant Hills Team Work Is The Key

1 Like

Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by wiegraf: 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
ancient egyptians weren't black, as in west africa black. they were lighter than say nubians, and even they barely make the cut as black. egyptians weren't exactly white either
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by RobinHez(m): 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
Teempakguy:
Bring 'em on.

the earth is an oblate spheroid around the X - Y axis. at the equator, it is a perfect circle around the Z axis. So, yes, it damn well allows for an Annulus Wall.

It actually doesn't matter. If you study topology, you'll find that an oval(vertical cross section of an oblate spheroid) and a circle(horizontal cross section of an oblate spheroid) are topologically equivalent. hence, they approximate to the same value, for similar radii. but in order to simulate my calculations properly, it will go around the equator.

No, the claim is that "there is enough stone" there is no mention of "number of stones" read it again. the pyramid is not hollow. not even remotely. sure, it contains some holes, and passages. but those are insignificant, compared to the larger mass.

that being said, I allowed for it. assuming the pyramid was a full solid, I expected the stone to distribute into an annulus wall that was TALLER than 2ft. removing the hollow parts, and the parts where no stone can be found, the wall's height reduces to ALMOST 2ft, which confirms the claim. and that's with 10 centimeters width. even if the pyramid was half hollow, just reduce the width of your wall to 5 centimeters, and it will still surround the earth AND have a height of 2ft+

Zeal indeed. I believe I have answered all your questions and put your doubts to rest. you can always ask more. I am here to reply. grin grin

You're officially anointed as the Wizard of Nairaland!.... grin
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Could be possible depending on the thickness of the wall.
Would need to know the quantity of stones involved in this architectural marvel, we already know the circumference of the earth.
the method I used was to approximate the pyramid as a perfect square-based pyramid.

then I looked up its dimensions on google. the length of each each side of the square base is 230 meters long, and it was about 147 meters tall. it's a bit shorter now, about nine meters shorter, due to erosion. but i figured the lost stone from the top is still on the actual pyramid and can be added to the calculation. hence, volume of the Great pyramid

V = 1/3 (230)2 x 147

= 2.59 x 106
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
RobinHez:

You're officially anointed as the Wizard of Nairaland!.... grin
grin grin
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Oxytocin(m): 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hmmmm....This got me thinking ;
What of the great tower of Babylon has recorded in the Bible?

Didn't it make it to the modern times

And please don't forget to vote for 'IamDotune' ..for Mr NL

2 Likes

Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by bqlekan(m): 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
Where is lalasticlala now?
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Pdizzle(m): 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
MightySparrow:

Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Pdizzle(m): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
MightySparrow:

Even the whites you adore so much disagree with you.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Image123(m): 11:26am On Jul 06, 2016
The only wonder here is since you guys believe all these, what made it so hard to believe a Noah's ark? Because you don't see it i guess, self-conceit.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by johnydon22(m): 11:38am On Jul 06, 2016
Image123:
The only wonder here is since you guys believe all these, what made it so hard to believe a Noah's ark? Because you don't see it i guess, self-conceit.

Because these things were not built by one 500years old man and his 3 sons but by hundreds of thousands of people up to millions still taking a duration of years and they still have their ruins scattered up to this day.

Stop equating irrational beliefs with history.

1 Like

Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Image123(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
johnydon22:

Because these things were not built by one 500years old man and his 3 sons but by hundreds of thousands of people up to millions still taking a duration of years and they still have their ruins scattered up to this day.

Stop equating irrational beliefs with history.

The Bible never said that the ark was built only by four people, you probably saw that in a cartoon or some website. Noah had over 100years to build the ark. It was made of wood, the major source of energy for a long time.
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by johnydon22(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
Cc. lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by sinaj(f): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
Teempakguy:
LOL, na wa o.

I did the math myself.

The volume of a pyramid is given by a third of it's containing cuboid. enter the dimensions of the Great pyramid, you find the volume of the pyramid to be approximately equal to 2.56 x 106m3

Of course, the Pyramid isn't a full Solid. So, the result we must get with a mathematical modelling of a full Solid pyramid must allow us to calculate the fence' length to be greater than 2feet.

The wall around the earth is an annulus. the formula for Calculating the Area of a 2 dimensional Annulus is pi x (2dr + d2). Calculating where d is the height of the wall, and r is the radius of the earth.

the formula for calculating the volume of a ring(3D Annulus) is the above multiplied by the width of the ring, here, the width of the wall.

using the Volume of stone from the pyramid, we arrange for the Annulus to be above 2ft if we use that volume to build it. hence,

2.56 x 106 = pi x w(2 x 6.371 x 106d + d2)

in the equation, d and w are unknowns. put replace d with 2ft(0.6meters) and solve for w, and you will find that the width of the wall is approximately 10centimeters.

The claim says almost 2ft. this is accounted for with the fact that the pyramid in fact, has passages and hollow spaces which will decrease the volume a bit and place it just under 2ft.

smiley
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Macelliot(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
The slave labourers were the Israelites. the bolded baffled scientists? lol.

johnydon22:
Great Pyramids of Giza In Egypt

The Pyramids were built at the pinnacle of the flourishing period of the great ancient egyptian civilizations, up to 130 them still stands till this day though there is still chance that very many more still lurk buried deep in the desertic lands of the nile.

The pyramids held the record for the tallest man made structures in the world for more than 4,000 years after there were built and up to this day remains one of the few outstanding work of ancient architecture and engineering mastery standing nearly intact.

The Pyramids were developed from small temples dedicated to dead pharaohs which slowly evolved in height to be closer to Ra [Sun God] and developed to what we have today.

The pyramids of Giza attributed to an ancient egyptian architect Imhotep built 2584 and 2561 BCE for the Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu.

Though massive slave labour was certainly, how they managed to pull of such engineering feat with remarkable geometrical mastery still is awe striking to us.

[P.s: Several other civilizations also built pyramids even the small Igbo pyramids at Nsudde.]
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Macelliot(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
hmm! did you wrote this?.Nice one!
johnydon22:
Hanging Towers of Babylon

You have probably heard about King Nebuchadnezzar - viewed as one of the most powerful King to have ruled in ancient kingdoms.

This is not about his military or masculine power this is about Love, the beast in love.

Nebuchadnezzar married the young beautiful Amtis from the kingdom of Media a very tropical land with beautiful green veiled moutains, trees, green grasses, flowers.

The new queen became very home sick and missed the usual green beauty of her hometown in contrast to the harsh sun baked sandy lands of Babylonia.

King Nebuchadnezzar decided to bring media to her - he had a tower built almost 75feet tall, filled with flowers, trees, grasses to give the queen a little slice of home.

Such edifice certainly is a masterpiece that shows architectural wizardry of the Babylonians..

the irrigation system of such work in ancient times is still a thing of wonder..

Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by Macelliot(m): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hope you didn't skipped the number 2? where He verified the Bible?
hahn:
Johnnydon22, don't forget to add Aso rock grin

The corruption that has erupted from there is truly a "wonder" tongue
Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by hahn(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Macelliot:
Hope you didn't skipped the number 2? where He verified the Bible?

Yep. And I was just thinking how the empire state building verifies Spiderman smiley

2 Likes

Re: Wonders Of The Ancient World - [pictures] by johnydon22(m): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
Macelliot:
The slave labourers were the Israelites. the bolded baffled scientists? lol.

Probably though strong evidence leans toward the emergence of the israeli civilization from pre-existing older semitic (canaanite) civilizations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Simple Server Still Working / Any, With Opera Mini 4.2 Handler Mtn Cheat Code. Thanks As U Help / How To Resolve The Error "Call Service Person" On Your Photocopy Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.