Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

BREAKING: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank (668 Views)

Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / CBN Takes Over Etisalat Nigeria, Appoints New Chairman, CEO / Man Becomes A Millionaire With Skye Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank by Jahelastic(m): 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria has taken over the Board and management of Skye Bank Plc after the lender failed to meet the regulator’s minimum key liquidity and capital adequacy ratios.

The Central Bank Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, disclosed this at a news conference, which was held at the CBN’s head office in Lagos.

Emefiele said the apex bank had appointed a new board and management for the bank following the resignation of the Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni, and Management Director/Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Timothy Oguntayo.

He said the bank’s outgoing board and management had consistently failed to turn the fortunes of the bank around despite consistent warnings from the CBN.

In place of the outgoing board and management, Emefiele said the CBN had appointed Alhaji MK Ahmad as the new chairman, while Mr. Tokunbo Abiru is the new MD/CEO.

The governor also said the CBN had removed and replaced all the non-executive directors and two longest-serving directors of Skye Bank.

The CBN boss urged shareholders and customers of the bank to remain calm, stressing that the bank was not in distress.

“I maintain that Skye Bank is not in distress. We have only taken this unavoidable decision to ensure that depositors’ funds are not eroded,” he said.

https://jahelastic..com.ng/2016/07/breaking-cbn-takes-over-skye-bank.html?m=0

Re: BREAKING: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank by olusd(m): 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
I don't even like d bank
Re: BREAKING: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank by Jahelastic(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
olusd:
I don't even like d bank

Not only you. And I still went into one of their branch to collect ma BVN card oh.
Re: BREAKING: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
Eyya, e dey pain.
Re: BREAKING: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank by olusd(m): 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jahelastic:

Not only you. And I still went into one of their branch to collect ma BVN card oh.
lol... My remaining 2k has been reduced to #0 in that bank. I'm glad I have no business with them again
Re: BREAKING: CBN Takes Over Skye Bank by Jahelastic(m): 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
olusd:

lol... My remaining 2k has been reduced to #0 in that bank. I'm glad I have no business with them again

Oh really? But why are Nigerian banks so poor? Well our leaders too are poor sha

(1) (Reply)

. / A Friend Needs 40ft Cold Room Container In Port Harcourt / Kenya, Tanzania And Ivory Coast Overtake Nigeria In Attracting FDI -API

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.