Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,840 members, 7,851,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie (436 Views)

Baby J: Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Baby’s Name / Why I Hid My Marriage From Public – D’banj / How I Hid In A Car Boot The First Time I Met Genevieve Nnaji - Mercy Johnson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie by freespch: 12:56am On Jul 05, 2016
Multiple award-winning Nigerian novelist, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, has revealed she recently had a baby girl, but made it clear she won’t let the world know her name just yet.

In an interview with the Financial Times’ African Editor, David Pilling, held over Lunch at a Lagos restaurant, Adichie said she ordered for chapman – a crimson -coloured fruit-flavour sugary Nigerian drink – instead of wine was because she was breastfeeding.

“This is just very sugary, very sweet. I would probably have a glass of wine, but I’m breastfeeding, I’m happy to announce,” she said.

“This is the first time I’m saying it publicly. I have a lovely little girl so I feel like I haven’t slept . . . but it’s also just really lovely and strange,” she added.

It took Pilling a second or two to realize that he’d been handed a scoop.

Thirty-eight-year-old Adichie, known for fiercely protecting her privacy, said she wanted her pregnancy and her child to be as “personal as possible” so she kept it from some of her friends.

“I have some friends who probably don’t know I was pregnant or that I had a baby. I just feel like we live in an age when women are supposed to perform pregnancy. We don’t expect fathers to perform fatherhood. I went into hiding. I wanted it to be as personal as possible.

“In this country of mine that I love,” she said, “people think that you’re incomplete unless you’re married.”

“Can I ask the baby’s name?” he tried, and Adichie replied with a smile: “No, I won’t say”.

And that ended the baby talk.

http://www.freespch.com/2016/07/04/new-mum-chimamanda-i-hid-my-pregnancy-and-i-wont-say-my-babys-name/
Re: I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie by UndisputedBosom(m): 1:00am On Jul 05, 2016
Who C. A. R. E. S. tongue
Re: I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 05, 2016
oya eat am na
Re: I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie by ever811(m): 1:08am On Jul 05, 2016
wetin person want carry your pikin name do?...abi di name go give our president sense wey him no get ni?
Re: I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie by jargonzboi(m): 1:19am On Jul 05, 2016
Why do I smell lies in this?

I think she adopted the baby jorrr.. and now forming as if she was pregnant before. How come nobody saw her even her family members and close relatives. Something is fishy.
Re: I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 05, 2016
Pregnancy can never be hidden from everyone!
Re: I Hid My Pregnancy, And Won’t Say My Baby’s Name: New Mum Chimamanda Adichie by iPopAlomo(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2016
Lol... nairaland feminists won't be happy with this news...
Logic swings toward adoption...

(1) (Reply)

Falz' Wazup Guy Scores Fantastic Reviews_on_[vibez9ja_com_ng]_ / Angela Okorie Shares More Lovely Pre-birthday Photos / Coolfm OAP Freeze Gives His Thoughts Over Jhene Aiko's Marriage Troubles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.