Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua (2818 Views)

NFF Apologises To Nigerians, Explains Relationship With Oliseh / Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Ibime(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2009
[center]NFF apologise to Nigerians[/center]

NFF President Sani Lulu Abdullahi on Monday apologized to the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, other leaders and eminent Nigerians and indeed the generality of Nigerians for the Super Eagles’ poor showing in Sunday’s World Cup qualifier against Tunisia in Abuja.

Playing at home in front of a sell –out crowd and with massive support from the whole country, the Eagles failed to fly, losing advantage on two occasions to finish a crucial game 2-2.

Tunisia maintains leadership of Group B of the African series with eight points, with the Eagles in second place with six and Mozambique third with four.

Sani Lulu Abdullahi said: “We sincerely apologize to all Nigerians, right from the His Excellency, the President and Commander-In-Chief who has shown great interest in this 2010 World Cup qualification project, His Excellency, Vice President Goodluck Jonathan and indeed other national leaders, down to the ordinary football fan. We were equally shocked by the outcome of the match.

“I want to put on record that the Nigeria Football Federation has received tremendous support from the Presidency and other arms of the Government, the Presidential Task Force and the National Sports Commission. We did our best to prepare the team, but we recognize that the outcome is a massive disappointment to Mr. President, the Task Force, the Federation, the Head Coach and even the players themselves. These things happen in sport.

“However, we pledge that the team will give its all in the remaining two matches and fight till the last day for the World Cup ticket. We thank Nigerians for their consistent massive support and we will continue to work hard towards realizing the dream,” said Lulu Abdullahi.

The Super Eagles will next play the Mambas of Mozambique in Abuja on October 11, the same day Tunisia will host Kenya’s Harambee Stars. The final round of matches is on November 14, when Nigeria play Kenya in Nairobi and Tunisia visit Maputo for Mozambique.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Ibime(m): 11:11am On Sep 08, 2009
Look at this idiot. Instead of apologising to the fans, he is more concerned with apologising to Yar'Adua. When Siaone, Keshi and Oliseh applied for the job, he went and made a rope for his neck by giving the job to an idiot like Amodu who would allow him to continue chopping money at the expense of the team.

He should now take that rope and tie it to the nearest tree. Preferrably a strong tree like Iroko tree or Mango tree, not Calabash tree or PawPaw tree.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by naso2(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2009
Make we see wether "HEARER DOER" still get action for body. Abi we need to send Sanusi to sports ministry?
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by WildOne(f): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
Is there any better apology than to tender his resignation?
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by flexinet: 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
Na God, go help dis businessman sani lulu
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Obamaa: 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dis NFF presido is a buffoon,if not 4 ma good moral compass i wld hv insulted his family.His name alone makes me puke,some 1 who knws nxt 2 nofin abt footballl been given d mantle 2 handle our foootballlin affair.I miss govt interfeence in football,becos den dey wld been hauled out of dat glass haus dat dey occcupy dats if Yar'adua will have d liver 2 do so.Nonsense NFF N Amodu.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Ibime(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
Obamaa:

I miss govt interfeence in football

Me too.

Unfortunately, having to put up with idiots like Sani Lulu is one of the dreaded dividends of democracy.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
[b]Football isnt an easy game, but it becomes a very poor game and show of shame when tactics is missing.
It is plain and glaring that Lulu, Amodu and Amokachi are nothing but charlatans for the technical and hard jobs at hand. They are nothing but complete gamblers, people who couldnt create thier down squad but depended heavily on Mikel Obi, Seyi and the other lazy ilks.
To them, its all about getting a ticket to South Africa, and gaining a big pile of money from the overwhelming supports thats always been there whenever the eagles are headed for any world cup.
Siasia once said if he was given the Super Eagles National Team, he would gather a squad that wouldnt include 90% of the current players on ground.
The people who won us Tunisia 94, arent a bunch of international players. They are kids our foreign coach discovered and then groomed properly.
I dont know why the national coach must be an Hausa man. Why the NFF chairman must be an Alhaji and a northerner who has little or no knowledge about football besides knowing some handful of international players name, and some Fifa officials names.
Anyways, I personally believe it would be good for us if we dont go to the world cup, rather than go there and face bigger disgrace.
But still, will the almighty Hausas-over-lords ruling this country for once do something right and give the job to the right person irregardless of race?

[/b]
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by princekevo(m): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2009
OMG!!! We are really doomed, What a country is Nigeria?
I expected this stupid guy to come out with an appology and a way forward by announcing the sack of Amodu first thing monday morning.
He should pocket his appology to himself and reserve some for our useless president who should have also anounced  the dismantling of the entire NFF board,
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by asha80(m): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
Ibime:

Look at this idiot. Instead of apologising to the fans, he is more concerned with apologising to Yar'Adua. When Siaone, Keshi and Oliseh applied for the job, he went and made a rope for his neck by giving the job to an idiot like Amodu who would allow him to continue chopping money at the expense of the team.

He should now take that rope and tie it to the nearest tree. Preferrably a strong tree like Iroko tree or Mango tree, not Calabash tree or PawPaw tree.

Nna ibime take am easy now  grin The way you just dey rake anyhow since eagles mess up  embarassed  na wa ooo  grin  cheesy  wink.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Oluschenco(m): 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
Nigerians fooling one another. its a pity
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2009
Nairalanders,

Sani LuLU is a big Idiot, under his watchful eyes we failed to qualify in 2006, and now we may not qualify for 2010.
the best he can do for himself is to resign.

HE has nothing to offer to nigeria.

this is exactly the problem with nigeria.
mediocrity is everywhere.
And then the north continues to impose their mediocrity on the rest of the country.
as long as this continues we will never get any where
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by mekay(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
This issue should not be made an ethnic affair. It doesn't matter whether the NFF chairman or whatever he calls himself is from the north or whatever. What matters is that we should allow professionals to run the business of football and sports.
We will never get anywhere until the cabal that has been running our sports is flushed out. I was so ashamed when I watched how the chicken eagles conceded chicken goals just moments after they went on lead.

We will never smell that world cup ticket until we get the right people on board.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by JNdupu: 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
My people, and the greatest tragedy , whether we qualify for the World Cup or not, this yeye goat will still lead an "official delegation" to the tournament. Their executive suites are already booked at the Don Micheangelo Johanessburg with estacode provided for in next year's budget.

How him no go beg Presido to save him neck.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by DaddyO(m): 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
I somehow find myself hoping we don't qualify. We don't deserve to. That N1 Billion that'll be spent (stolen) in the name of sending senators, governors etc can certainly be better spent.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by rickie4us(m): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2009
DaddyO:

I somehow find myself hoping we don't qualify. We don't deserve to. That N1 Billion that'll be spent (stolen) in the name of sending senators, governors etc can certainly be better spent.
WildOne:

Is there any better apology than to tender his resignation?
well said
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by koolchicco: 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
The deed has been done so WTF!Abi na apology we go chop?
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by debetmx(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
useless man instead of apologising to Nigerians, he is apologising to Yar'Adua. Two of a kind; failures
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by dinggle: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
Sani lulu was thro' his apology to Yaradull was begging to keep his job. I learnt he called Yaradua on the phone and told him allah will heal his kidney  grin, and Yaradua said inshaala! He also told Yaradua that it was allah that made Tunisia to win because they were fasting, allah gave them the strength to prove to the non-muslims that he is almighty. Yaradua shouted over the phone "Allahu akbar"

True talk, senators have no reason going to SA come 2010, but! never count our senators out of the race to waste our money, I promise you if Super eagles crash out, they wont crash out grin.  They will look for diplomatic excuses if Nigeria eventually fails to qualify, right now they unlike the NFF board have gone into planing for the next strategy that will get them into SA 2010 if Nigeria is not there, according to information reaching me, plans are under way for them to go to South Africa as "Association of Africa Senators Representatives". And inorder to pacify Nigerians they have writen to Fifa and SA bodies for a special invitation with the above heading of "AASR", they wont like Nigerians wait for Amodu cos they know he is not reliable.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by calyx: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
and we will continue to work hard towards realizing the dream,” said Lulu Abdullahi.

This would be the biggest joker of this century. . .did i hear this mallam mention dream?
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Gekko(m): 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2009
If this man had any honor, he would perform a hara-kiri asap. Its the least he can do.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by mbulela: 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
i remember years back when i was a big of Nigerian football and its leagues.
i was a regular at league matches in the south and even attended training sessions of some of the local league teams.
one morning i woke up and realized that Nigerian football was one cesspool ran by a greedy, devilish, thieving mafia (currently controlled by that horrible dude called Amos Adamu). there is more money being stolen through the Nigerian football circles than most other parasatals and because of the passion and emotions attached to the game, constant govt spending is guaranteed (no idiot apart from govt will put his money in Nigerian football, apart from a few philanthropic gestures like GLO) and the bazaar is guaranteed.

the planlessness in Nigerian football will continue unabated because it creates room for fraud and a lack of accountability. you think does at the helm of nigerian football do not know the right thing? most do but it will not favour their pockets, hence this charade and ineptitude that is foisted on us.when i look at the Bench and see Amodu and Amokachi i only see doom and destruction.
listen to the pair talk on radio and tv and you feel like shedding tears for Nigerian football.both are inept and totally out of their depth.Amokachi in particular has no business caching football at any level whatsoever.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by henryhemon(m): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2009
I expected a resignation at least from Amodu,that nonsense man that told us that midfield isn't important in a team,that idiot of a man that has no shame and those fools at NFF,Na God go save us.our country is a tragedy.i guess we should tell militants to go and finish all of them both amodu inclusive.i will be a very happy man if i receive the news.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Nezan(m): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
who needs to watch they remaining matches anyway?
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by floriana(m): 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin and then .

By the way, where is mrcrackles in all of these?
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by babalolas(m): 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2009
my only prayer is for us not to qualify. this country is a whole mess.how on earth would this so called useless players be paid after they lost (A draw is thesame as a loss)? LULU is CURSED AS FROM TODAY. MAY HIS SOUL KNOWS NO PEACE TILL NIGERIA QUALIFY FOR 2014 WORLD CUP(2010 IS OUT OF IT).

once will qualify for the nation cup, then the first player set of players to go most be yobo and seyi olofinjana( they are useless)
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by otukpo(f): 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2009
wetin we wan take apology do.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
This is very insensitive and annoying

Please if NFF can not sack Amodu and hire SIasia

Make Sports Minister Sack both NFF and Amodu now

what kind of country is this!!!!!!!!!!!

Why cant anything be taken seriously in this God forsaken country.
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by mayordee(m): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
Ibime:

Ibime, u no go kill person with laughter, abeg allow the guy to use Pawpaw tree oh grin
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by Ibime(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
mayordee:

Ibime, u no go kill person with laughter, abeg allow the guy to use Pawpaw tree oh grin

If he wants to use PawPaw tree, he must use a very tall pawpaw tree. . . . at least as tall as a 5 story building. . . . then attach himself to the topmost branch!
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by tokunegiye(m): 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2009
see this fool o! who him wan take play for this 9ja. Apology fire em for there,
Re: Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua by lawrence83: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
sani lulu and his boss yaradua need to be stoned to dead. useless set of people, thank God am not a patriotic nigerian.

even if he apologise to the 150 million nigerians, of what use is it?

atleast u guys shud b happy, that u wont have to watch the world cup with ur heart in ur mouth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Heard About Scorum? Earn Passive Income Without Investing A Dime / Bet Prediction (89%✅) Sportybet Code For Today Sunday / Top Seven Most Expensive Cars Owned By African Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.