Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. (2889 Views)

Tottenham Open Talks To Sign Golden Eaglet Red Hot Striker Osimehn / “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet / Sani Lulu Apologises To Yar'adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Keziah(f): 9:21am On Sep 10, 2007
People have been saying Yar'adua's head as the President should bring good luck to Nigeria all these while that the Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea was on. After Super Eaglet's victory yesterday, everybody concluded that it was Yar'dua's luck that brought it about.

People how true is this?
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by charlione(m): 9:52am On Sep 10, 2007
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by doyin13(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2007
hehehehe

Naija people sha

I remember when we won in 1993 and the Nations Cup in 1994
we were thanking God for getting rid of Babangida's bad luck
and installing a man with better fortunes about him

His name was ABACHA
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by toshmann(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2007
ABACHA cool

REMEMBER?
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Keziah(f): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2007
They even when as far as substantiating this by saying when our wonderful Baba was inpower, he never won a bronze talkless of a silver or Gold. But i think that's true but i no talk am make Baba face no go show for my dream. I am just like na u na know sha.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by labiyemmy(m): 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2007
Agreed.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Keziah(f): 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2007
doyin13:

hehehehe

Naija people sha

I remember when we won in 1993 and the Nations Cup in 1994
we were thanking God for getting rid of Babangida's bad luck
and installing a man with better fortunes about him

His name was ABACHA
@Doyin 13
A very good choice of good luck for Nigeria indeed!
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by A40(m): 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2007
Nigerian leaders are very talented at claiming credit for shit they didnt have any part in whatsoever
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by damoche07(m): 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2007
Nations Cup 1980- Shagari's luck
World Cup 85- Babangida's luck
Japan 93- Bbangida's luck
Atlanta 96- ABACHA,yes ABACHA's LUCK
Korea 07- Yar Adua

I am scared.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by lawyer(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2007
hmmm!

Maybe we should also credit the all african games disaster to yaradua's good luck or

the disaster in the women african basketball tournament to yaradua's good luck or

the under 20 football tournament to his wonderful luck

Nonsense angry

If them lose, them go set up panel probe why baboon yansh red and if them win, them go they say na the divine wisdom and support the president or head of state give them, Rubbish

I[b] sure say yaradua no even know say, them de play under 17 until the day wey dem wan play final [/b] grin
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by olanajim(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2007
Yar'adua's luck is for real. Don't forget, Abacha an IBB are both dictator. I am optimistic Yar'adua would be better. After all baba Iyabo didn't bring any gold.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by chichimma(f): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2007
@olanajim
Oh Time Shall TELL if he is a good president, undecided
shocked I do not think it has anything to do with the Presidents.

I think it is a combination of good coaching ,training, teamwork and determination
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by desgiezd(m): 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2007
Damoche07 has put it more succinctly. Of all the leaders mentioned by him, no leader has spent the period that OBJ stayed in power yet Nigeria didnt win any laurel ih his time. Im not in anyway surprised, sha
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by iykrion(m): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2007
Superstitious! Very, very irrational indeed. shocked
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Prince22(m): 10:34pm On Sep 10, 2007
Let there be light!!!!!

Poor pp are suffering in their small scale business!!!

It will surely reduce poverty and hardship!!!
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by princeonx: 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2007
See the kind cave mind wey we get for Africa! I just no know when we go wise up!
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by pheesayor(m): 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2007
very funny thread,
Y'all should remember that this team was buillt during obj's tenure cos u can't raise a team in less than 100 days so obj should get part of the credit cos,
Y'all should not hang the old man cos his impact wasn't really felt doesnt mean he spent 8 years doing nothing.
Remember the flying eagles almost won the 2005 WYC  but for the referee's partiality. I'm not an OBJ supporter but let's always call a spade a spade and give honour to whom it is due. Let's see the team y'ardua builds and how they will perform becaus the current u17 eaglets r OBJ's and not Y'ardua's,
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by dj4wealth: 11:56pm On Sep 10, 2007
NIgerians with great Hypothesis, smiley
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by 9ja4eva: 12:47am On Sep 11, 2007
This victory has nothing to do with Yar Aduas head

Well hope the head would be for the better of our Country

Superstitions sha.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Prince22(m): 1:45am On Sep 11, 2007
Let us be realistic,

Nig. must see beyond eaglet's victory and look to MASSES comfortability.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by ph4life(m): 2:36am On Sep 11, 2007
hunger dey catch people for naija, light no dey, politicians dey rape our treasury and they are all getting away with it. we dey here dey yarn about president luck; we will always be light years behind no doubt!!!!
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by adconline(m): 4:14am On Sep 11, 2007
can a sane minded soul stop this nonsense. Ette  carry all her friends and family go USA celebrate her birthday, come award $5 million for house renovation and someone dey talk say Nigeria and Yar'dua get luck. Take off your windsreen goggle and see the light.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by Oracle(m): 5:22am On Sep 11, 2007
The most important thing is that the world Champions of the U-17 world is Nigerian.
The players played well and at the end of the day they became champions.

Yar'adua was not in the field, he was not even in Korea, so the champions became champions because they deserved it.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by vikiviko(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2007
Yar'adua is a lucky man i want to believe.
For Nigeria to have won the world cup at his time in office would always be mentioned in history.
history and posterity as a way of judging leaders who one time or the other have ruled men and nations.
they either celebrate, eulogise, cast or wish you away.
am sure every Nigerian can attest to times of IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalam and Obj.History has posited a story for us all to readin all spheres.
So i celebrate with the President and commander in chief, up Eaglets.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by tommyex(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2007
WELL WELL its good we won d cup under Yaradua,but other presidents have won it 2,mayn d Hausa ppl have many CUPS OF TEA AT HOME SHA.
But we ll feel him more if he ensures that these guys develop into Under-20 and super eagles.Then we ll say Yaradua has 'luck'.
Or we jus go back to the Drawing borad as usual,lol
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by adechuks(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2007
[quote ]
Nations Cup 1980-  Shagari's luck
World Cup 85-  Babangida's luck
Japan 93-     Bbangida's luck
Atlanta 96- ABACHA,yes ABACHA's LUCK
Korea 07-   Yar Adua

I am scared. [quote][/quote]

Correction pls.
Babangida was not yet in power in 85 when we first won, then he was out of power in 93 when we won in Japan.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by tommyex(m): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2007
thank u @CHUKS

as i talk na Hausa ppl dey give cups,i beg am comin up 4 next presido +am Hausa oo.lol
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by faketan(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2007
All these goes to say that OBJ was worse than the two dictators. At least they had some element of luck during thier period. Also one can say that Yar'Adua is better than OBJ. Weather he will be better than the dictators is yet to be seen. Too early to judge.
rememeber that when the righteous is on the throne, the people rejoice. In other words the level of righteousness of IBB with Abacha is higher than that of OBJ. We never rejoiced during his tenure.

And that of Yar is at the moment better. Only time shall tell.
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by bigrovar(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2007
If Yaradua's luck is good then is predecessor has got some ill luck the men team lost every final and the junior team only won in Africa Championships
2000 NIG/GHA Nations -Cup Super Eagles lost the finals to Cameroon on home soil cry
2001 Trinidad U17 Eaglet lost to France 3-0 -Ironically we beat them 2-1 in the group stage
2002 didnt qualify for the Knockout stage of the world cup.We left the world cup without winning a match (1st time since we have been qualifying for the world cup)
2003 AllAfricanGames U23 football final in Abuja lost the Final to Cameroon Again 2-0 (the team never coincided a goal/lost a match till the final)
2005 Holland U21 Lost final to Argentina 2-1,Failed to Qualify for the World Cup first time since 1994 cry

So in the 8 years of Obasanjo Nigeria Fooball National Teams lost all the 5 finals and Failed to Qualify for the world cup in the 8 years of his Administration,

infact with the exception of the female team in the AYC we lost all the Finals we played under Obasanjo.

Guess some jinx in life can't be explained undecided
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by A40(m): 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2007
How does our football have to do with who is in power what did he contribute to their trip and exploits in Korea its mind-boggling Nigerians are just too fetish
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by sweetchick(f): 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2007
Na wa. Nigeria, we hail thee. We have started again
Re: Super Eaglet's Victory Attributed To Yar'adua's Good Luck. by temmysexy(f): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2007
Yar'adua's luck sha undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thirteen Fans Of Nigerian Club Gunned Down / need help:Won A Ticket Last Upper Week / Checkout The Top Six Hottest Nigerian Female Athletes At The Commonwealth 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.