Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:20 PM

You Need This Before Creating Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / You Need This Before Creating Your Blog (471 Views)

Steps To Take Before Creating A Website - Techknowng.com / How To Boost Your Blog Traffic By 40% [WordPress Only][Thread Resurrected] / 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need This Before Creating Your Blog by D34lw4p(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
Blogs are nothing but a internet presentation of magazines . They are good platform to present you thoughts or whatever you want to share with the people on the web. Being a good blogger brings you recognition and also provides you with options to generate income from your blog through advertisement. However,  starting a weblog is confusing to most of the people. With this simple guide i can help you guys to get a basic idea on what you require to start a blog and other requisite.

[size=medium]What You Require To Start A Blog[/size]
Time
Before starting a blog you should understand that to make a blog popular and drive more visitors you will have to provide proper attention to it. You cannot simply disappear after posting an article and come back later after a week. If Your blog is being regularly updated chances are that you will get better search engine ranking.

Money
For starting a blog you don’t need huge investment. If you are going to use self hosted Blogging Platforms(WordPress,Joomla) you will need to buy web hosting service.It won’t cost more than $10 per month. You will also have to pay for your domain name. This is a yearly payment. The price would depends upon the Domain name Registrar and Type of domain you chose. For a .COM domain it wouldn’t cost more than $10 per year. Once you start to get more traffic you will have to move to a better hosting options which would cost little bit higher. But with the increasing traffic you can also make money by displaying advertisement.

Patience
Just like any other job lot of patience is required to be successful in blogging field. Do not get frustrated by seeing no traffic during initial days of your blogging career. It takes weeks to months effort to see a slight movement in your  blog’s traffic. Imagine how difficult it is to study about each sand one by one, Same is the condition with blogs and websites. There are thousands of websites being launched each second. Remember this, It is your attitude that is going to make you a winner not your talent.

Blogging Platform
The first and most important thing that require for starting a blog is a blogging platform. Blogging platform is a service that helps to bring your blog online. Take email for example, if you want to register an email account you need some one who provides you Email service.Google provides you an platform called Gmail which is a web application for sending and receiving Email. Just like Email, you need an web application to write and publish blogs and it is called blogging platforms.
Best Blogging Platform
There are numerous blogging platforms available on the internet. Based on the popularity and options to customize i have chose two popular Blogging platform to share with you guys.
[list=1]
1. WordPress
WordPress is the worlds most popular blogging platform. It is a free blogging software used by thousands of Bloggers. I suggest you to use WordPress as your Blogging Platform. I use WordPress to power this website. With WordPress you could do lot of things, From writing blogs to creating an E-commerce website. [/list]

[list=1]
2. Blogger
Blogger is a blogging platform provided by the tech giant Google. I would not suggest you to use this as your blogging platform if you are serious about blogging. Blogger is simple to use but have limited option. To start a blogger blog you need nothing but a google account, the one that you use to log into your Gmail or Youtube account. But i would strongly recommend you to use WordPress. Though WordPress is little bit difficult in comparison with Blogger you would thank me for insisting you to use WordPress later once you get to know both of them.[/list]

Culled from: http://nct.com.ng/Forum--Tricks-Tips
Re: You Need This Before Creating Your Blog by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 8:58am On Jul 11, 2016
Essential
Re: You Need This Before Creating Your Blog by D34lw4p(m): 12:36am On Oct 18, 2016
APHATHEOLOGY:
Essential
grin
APHATHEOLOGY:
Essential

(1) (Reply)

Contact Us For Your Web Development, Software Development, Graphics Design Etc / Nigeria Young Entrepreneur Launches His Official Messenger App "Oxchat" / Good Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.