Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) (33042 Views)

Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures) / Strange Car Seen On Badagry, Lagos Road This Morning (photos) / Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Lekki Expressway In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Pray(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
I pass through that road daily, they will see dangling containers and still will try to squeeze pass it. RIP to d dead.
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by hiijaay(f): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
May God help us all in Nigeria
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Edwinsucks(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
I know something tragedy will happen in Lagos today.
This Ramadan...
God should save us all..
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by conquerorsegun(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
God will not allow me step out on the day hungry dey waya road... Amen
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by wazobaaa: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
Gud Morning NL
RIP d death Lagos na woo
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by hustler86(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
And why is the post tagged "Ramadan tragedy" ...
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by johntaiwo123(m): 12:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
ajiboye688:
I SMELL SCAM!! DON'T TRY THIS IT's A SCAM. THE RECHARGE PIN GOES TO THIS GUY NUMBER!
SCAMMERS STAY OFF NAIRALAND!
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by EZEBEL: 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
That spot is very bad. God have been saving lifes there. Rip to the dead ones.
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by nintal(m): 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
Allah ya kiyaye!
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
The Government has abandoned that side of town despite the inconsideration of being the linking road to other countries in the region. People travel from UK to Paris without hitches terrestrially.

The diversion to the Lekki axis is an indication that this part of town is doomed. Its a puzzle how governance in Nigeria is simply for the rich , I am worried and fear for the development of this side of town.\\

Unfortunately LASG took its revenge on that axis because of the tribal bias of the majority of people staying on this side of town and so they do not deserve good roads or even any form of development.

The slums of ajegunle, bariga, amukoko and the likes can beat their chest to roads and water, but they have left the iboes to develop the area sice its their business terrain.

Do they pay their taxes to Igbo states or Lagos state, why is the segregation so obvious?

LASG abandoned this region simple because FHA relocated to Abuja, hence the halt on developmental activities in the amuwo odofin axis- badagry .

The Chevrons, Shells, Mobils, CBNs, ETC once fancied their staff quarters in this region before LASG started sandfilling the constantly flooding lekki and called it the prime location.

I can go on on... What of the Tankfarm now located in satellitetown , in a residential area and then Fashola approved such a catastrophic exposure to the people living on this axis.

Wellll.. CCCEC....LASG, FGN, HELP THE LAGOS BADAGRY AXIS SIDE OF TOWN.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Danielnino00(m): 12:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
May their soul rest in peace.
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by azeecoboy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
..I'm happy Muslims are dying all over d world
lol...and that's all you could say
Does that change the fact that Islam is the most dominating religion in the world?
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Mimisboygreat: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
CHAI!!! RIP TO THE DEAD.
MAY GOD'S SUFFICIENT GRACE AND MERCY CONTINUE TO PROTECT AND GUIDE US. WHATEVER THAT CUT SHORT OTHER PEOPLE'S LIFE WILL SEE US AND RUN AWAY IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!
HAPPY EID MUBARAK TO ALL MUSLIM FAITHFULS
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Appareil(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bolustic:
RIP to the dead ones,

There was a thread on being careful when driving with trucks around last week, many mocked the OP, I hope you can learn by example now.

These trucks are unavoidable blood suckers on our roads thus it is advisable:

Not to stay directly in their front,

Not to drive for long behind them, particularly those carrying sand and

Don't even think of driving by their sides, overtake carefully and drive far away.

Most importantly, PRAY BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME.

God bless you
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Jacko01: 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
Good Lord
What are those China ppl constructing since haba
If that portion of road is good will this happen
I tire
I just tire for Nigeria
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by 3sexy: 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
Has the missing moon been found ?
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Jacko01: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
1acre:
The Government has abandoned that side of town despite the inconsideration of being the linking road to other countries in the region. People travel from UK to Paris without hitches terrestrially.

The diversion to the Lekki axis is an indication that this part of town is doomed. Its a puzzle how governance in Nigeria is simply for the rich , I am worried and fear for the development of this side of town.\\

Unfortunately LASG took its revenge on that axis because of the tribal bias of the majority of people staying on this side of town and so they do not deserve good roads or even any form of development.

The slums of ajegunle, bariga, amukoko and the likes can beat their chest to roads and water, but they have left the iboes to develop the area sice its their business terrain.

Do they pay their taxes to Igbo states or Lagos state, why is the segregation so obvious?

LASG abandoned this region simple because FHA relocated to Abuja, hence the halt on developmental activities in the amuwo odofin axis- badagry .

The Chevrons, Shells, Mobils, CBNs, ETC once fancied their staff quarters in this region before LASG started sandfilling the constantly flooding lekki and called it the prime location.

I can go on on... What of the Tankfarm now located in satellitetown , in a residential area and then Fashola approved such a catastrophic exposure to the people living on this axis.

God bless you for what you said
But their stupidity..... Will they say yorubas no follow die for this accident
Who is deceiving who now
Do road do road
Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by onlineadejoh(m): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
Only God knows the reason for the delays in banning containers on Lagos roads. Containers and Street Hawking which is deadlier?‎
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by donbenedict(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
MissingBudget:
How is it Ramaddan tragedy? undecided

By the way what would it cost to send LASTMA and FRSC after containers that are not fastened to the lorries?
don't mind them. These truck drivers have already settled them.
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by lonelydora: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
RIP to the dead. I don't drive beside any trailer with container no matter what. Even if it's on a smooth road, except I want to overtake with great speed.
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by oatzeal(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
WATCH VIDEO FROM THE ACCIDENT SCENE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PQ1ue4o7o4
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
Tolexander:
Hmmn!

May God help us in Nigeria.
How are we to notice a tanker making a vertical fall obeying the gravity?

Perhaps car manufacturers can help in adding upper mirror to cars being sold to nigeria to detect object falling like rare and side view mirrors.

MOT is responsible. This certificate is given if the vehicle is OK to ply the road. If not OK, they don't give the certificate and the vehicle is easily impounded.

However, we have learnt how to bypass repairing the vehicle and collect the paper MOT.
The vehicle will still spoil and kill people. Who's fault?
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by BermudaTriangle(m): 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
Tolexander:
Hmmn!

May God help us in Nigeria.
How are we to notice a tanker making a vertical fall obeying the gravity?

Perhaps car manufacturers can help in adding upper mirror to cars being sold to nigeria to detect object falling like rare and side view mirrors.

And of what use will that be ?
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by 2rutalk1: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
1acre:

This is nothing but the truth. There is virtually no State government presence in Satellite Town and Festac Town just because the two areas are dominated by Igbos. A staff of Amuwo Odofin LGA who is a Yoruba confided this to you, just because majority of the votes from the area went to PDP during the last general elections. That is height of tribalism and nepotism. The area is worst hit by the current electricity problem. No light for months in Satellite Town, no good road despite having a Jetty there, no potable water with high cost of rent - nothing at all. Individuals that approached the government to allow them repair the roads with their personal money were asked to pay Millions of naira to the government first before embarking on such project. Pure wickedness!
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
MissingBudget:

By the way what would it cost to send LASTMA and FRSC after containers that are not fastened to the lorries?

seriously I wonder o. instead they harass private car owners.

while driving in Lagos, never get close to containers/long vehicles.
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
1acre:

Ago-okota, (isolo LGA)festac-statelite down to ojo-alaba(amowu odofin LGA) is populated by Igbos no doubt.

but from iyana Oba to Badagry is populated by yoruba's.

and the accident happened along badagry express way - which is the link road to other countries in the region.

I believe that's why the mile2 rail and express road is being constructed by CCECC or whatever the China company is called (although at a snail pace)

there are good road's within festac-statelite town i.e apple junction. ago okota road is being constructed too.

the government is to be blamed but don't play tribe card abeg.

stop spreading misinformation!!!!
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
2rutalk1:
This is nothing but the truth. There is virtually no State government presence in Satellite Town and Festac Town just because the two areas are dominated by Igbos. A staff of Amuwo Odofin LGA who is a Yoruba confided this to you, just because majority of the votes from the area went to PDP during the last general elections. That is height of tribalism and nepotism. The area is worst hit by the current electricity problem. No light for months in Satellite Town, no good road despite having a Jetty there, no potable water with high cost of rent - nothing at all. Individuals that approached the government to allow them repair the roads with their personal money were asked to pay Millions of naira to the government first before embarking on such project. Pure wickedness!

bros, the bolded is happening everywhere in Lagos, in fact in other states too.

epileptic power supply is everywhere.

my uncle wanted to construct a road in my home town and was asked to pay the government before doing that, not major road, street road.

bariga, yaba and a few others were properly planned cities connected to the Lagos water project. other APC LGA are not included.

as for rent, blame ONLY ya Igbo Brothers!!!!!

when will y'all understand the government is for the rich. the government don't care about the citizens.
it's not about igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, the government don't give fvcck about you. and you're not making things easy for yourself either by fighting yourselves and forgetting the bigger enemy.
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Emmanueledu(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
what a loss!
Re: Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) by Bizzyliss(m): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
very bad road, that fucking slow fools called CCECC are d cause

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions / Top Car Makers And Their Country Of Origin (photos) / When Your Exotic Ride Is About To Be Kazeemed!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.