Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,958 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:50 PM

Ahiara Diocese Bishophric Debacle!! My Perspective - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Diocese Bishophric Debacle!! My Perspective (381 Views)

Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ahiara Diocese Bishophric Debacle!! My Perspective by omenkanwao(m): 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
AHIARA DIOCESE BISHOPHRIC DEBACLE!! MY PERSPECTIVE

What is happening among the catholic faithful in Ahiara Diocese is akin to gross disobedience and affront to God and Catholic faith in general .
If the Pontiff yields to the selfish demands of some elements in Mbaise and withdraws Bishop Okpaleake, then unending crisis will envelope the larger body because subsequent Dioceses will be protesting and rejecting Bishops sent to them if they are not indigenes of their place.
Don’t we have Mbaise priests all over the Dioceses of Nigeria and beyond holding important positions?
Is Bishop Okpalaeke not a Catholic?.Is Catholic Bishop Post now an avenue to amass ill-gotten wealth?
Sometimes I now see reason why no Mbaise man or woman has become the Governor of Imo state and I doubt if they will ever smell Douglas house in the near future due to this type of attitude.
The earlier the older priests of Ahiara Diocese call to order this young exuberant Priests that brainwash their lay faithful into seeing our most revered Cardinal Arinze in bad light, the better for them.
Must everything concerning Mbaise be different?.If I talk now, they will say I have issues to grind with them even when I have the best of friends from there.
It is on record that Igbo Priests that are Bishops in the South South, North Central and even some West African Countries are countless and I cant recall if those nations and Dioceses rejected them even when they are not from their place.
Let this disgrace, embarrassment and total disregard for constituted authority by some Mbaise priests and their lay faithful stop forthwith because the consequences will be unpalatable in the long run..
Comr C.U.C TONWA wrote in from Abuja!!
Re: Ahiara Diocese Bishophric Debacle!! My Perspective by chijiblaze(m): 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
So what exactly is the connection between appointment of a Bishop and the governorship of the state?
Is Ahiara diocese lacking ably qualified priests and Monsignori for the job that it would require imposition of someone from outside the diocese?
If comes to that the above condition being true, why not one of the numerous priests of Mbaise origin scattered all over the "south-south", the north, or other west and central African countries, Europe or America which you attested to?
Who is doing this imposition? Pope Francis? Or someone else closer to home?
Is it that the person appointed from outside is the least likely to be corrupted by the office, or "chop-money" as the case may be?
You claim it's an affront to God? Now what do you mean by that?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 08/07/2016) / The Mathematical Ability Of Plants / When Did You Give Your Life To Christ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.