Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped (19058 Views)

Youths Attack Ojodu Abiodun Police Station After SARS Officer Shot A Boy Dead / Kidnapped British, Ian Squire Shot Dead In Nigeria After Singing “Amazing Grace" / Guys Kidnapped 16 Children In Benin City And Slept With Them In A Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by iamkingzlee(m): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
The Laragunsin of Iyasan community, Oba Abiodun Oyewumi, who is a traditional ruler in Irele local government area of Ondo state, has been reportedly kidnapped.

According to the Nation, the kidnappers, numbering 10 allegedly stormed the monarch’s palace on Monday night and operated for 30 minutes before taking him away.

Since then, no contact has been made with his family by his abductors on what ransom should be paid for his release.

A palace source said the hoodlums came into the village through Owena River which serves as boundary between Ondo and Edo state around 10.30pm and went straight to the palace where they demanded for the king.

Irele Council Chairman, Hon Sanmi Elumaro, who confirmed the incident said the kidnappers numbering about 10 came into the town through the waterways and headed to the palace.

He noted that the abdutors were fullly armed as no one in the community could challenge them until they finished their operations in the village.

Elumaro said he could not say whether or not the kidnapping has to do with the chieftaincy dispute in the town as the monarch was properly installed as the monarch despite the legal tussle over the throne.

The council boss said since the abduction, the Navy and the Police in the riverine area have been on the trail of the suspected kidnappers.

The Police Public Relation Officer (PPRO), Mr Femi Joseph also confirmed the abduction of the monarch.

He however said investigation has begun to unravel the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Joseph added that reporters would be briefed as soon as there is any breakthrough in the investigation.

www.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2016/07/tension-in-air-as-armed-men-invade.html?m=1

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
It is well
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by barackodam: 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry cry

At times I just sit down and wonder, which way Naija?

Where exactly are we headed with all these criminal activities. Please, let something good come out of here. We have enough problems already....

Now you kidnap a traditional ruler!!!!!

Ah!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Laveda(f): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
cry

God protect him cry what's this country even turning to? cry cry

It's well..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Dahjhi: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
My country My Country. From Unknown Gunmen to Armed men. They can invade anywhere anytime and do what they like; kill, kidnapp with no one interfering.... #Shame embarassed

#ThisIsNigeria..........#NowhereIsSafe angry

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by gungab(m): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
God save us
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
What a Pity! Disecreation of the Traditional stool
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Taryur3(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
Late news...it's over a week it happened now.they should have kidnapped the Governor (Mimiko)instead of the poor king.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by ThePeacemaker(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
When the Abobaku hears this news

9 Likes

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by iyke484real(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
.Shame to all the zombies who voted for change. It will be on record that during Buhari's regime, pots of soup disappeared miraculously, men sets themselves ablaze because they can't cater for their families, father use child as a collateral to get a bag of rice, kidnappers, kidnapping at the speed of light, insecurities every were and many more ...We won't stop talking...Our leaders are wicked. #sad

Sai baba, we thank you for your change! Carry-on, the zombies are still on your side.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Twaci(f): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Na wa oh! sad
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Dandsome: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
Okay.

Hope they're not the Libyan guys?
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by StepTwo: 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
so the foòlish kidnappers no see Oba lil wayne na innocent man dem go d kipnap.
mstcheeeeew
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by bigass123(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
Are the identities of the Armed men known ? No..
What were they Armed with? Guns
Therefore unknown Armed men and Gun men still agrees in the making
of the sentence.

Oga, you need to go back to school sir!
Dahjhi:
My country My Country. From Unknown Gunmen to Armed men.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by StepTwo: 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
mstcheeeeew
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by chris4gold(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
King abi? Jesu iwo ni abo mi (Jesus is my refuge)
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by publicenemy(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
When the supreme yoruba spiritual and traditional leader, the Ooni of Ife has turned himself to an ordinary clueless street boy,why won't Area boys kidnap other Yoruba kings.

Yoruba monarchs no get level.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by davibid: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
embarassedThis is what happens when a president promised 5k per unemployed and after being so excited the supposed beneficiaries didn't see anything not even N500 per month shocked

6 Likes

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by skywalker001(m): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Faba:
It is well
Amen o my brother... Even inside well... My brother pls can I talk to you sir
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by OmoIgala: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Is Iyansan not in Ovia South West local government of Edo?
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by ucheHapers(m): 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bros they know wot they are doing. They kidnapped a Monarch not a maiguard
barackodam:
cry cry cry cry cry cry

At times I just sit down and wonder, which way Naija?

Where exactly are we headed with all these criminal activities. Please, let something good come out of here. We have enough problems already....

Now you kidnap a traditional ruler!!!!!

Ah!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by donmula: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
Sad.
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Ravenna: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dahjhi:
My country My Country. From Unknown Gunmen to Armed men. They can invade anywhere anytime and do what they like; kill, kidnapp with no one interfering.... #Shame embarassed

You dey craze?!
Where armed men no fit enter for this world?
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Ravenna: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
iyke484real:
.Shame to all the zombies who voted for change. It will be on record that during Buhari's regime, pots of soup disappeared miraculously, men sets themselves ablaze because they can't cater for their families, father use child as a collateral to get a bag of rice, kidnappers, kidnapping at the speed of light, insecurities every were and many more ...We won't stop talking...Our leaders are wicked. #sad

Sai baba, we thank you for your change! Carry-on, the zombies are still on your side.
Being a zombie is grave.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by flimzy24: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Shame on to de village jazz men
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by barackodam: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
ucheHapers:
Bros they know wot they are doing. They kidnapped a Monarch not a maiguard

More reason why I said so, he's a monarch. Unless well, he's murdered, he'd know how to pull strings after being released. And unless again, if he's too meek
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Ravenna: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
StepTwo:

mstcheeeeew
Go try Oba lil wayne if lagoon to go get you and your extended family.
Awon lagoona jati-jati.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Dahjhi: 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
bigass123:
Are the identities of the Armed men known ? No..
What were they Armed with? Guns
Therefore unknown Armed men and Gun men still agrees in the making
of the sentence.

Oga, you need to go back to school sir!
You can send me back jare. I knew what I wrote. So please just swerve one side.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Vilshow(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
May GOD ALMIGHTY have mercy upon us in this Nation
Re: Ondo Oba, Abiodun Oyewumi Kidnapped by Dahjhi: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ravenna:

You dey craze?!
Where armed men no fit enter for this world?

Leave craziness abeq... Its no competition we are all in it.. tongue

Ours is more rampant...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kuje Jailbreak : Osinachi's Husband, Nwachukwu Missing / Six-year-old Girl Kidnapped Ojo Military Barracks, Lagos (photo) / Man Who Stole Army Uniform In Ogun Barracks Caught (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.