Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job (3288 Views)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / Biochemistry Graduate Let Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by AXYZ: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders,

I would appreciate any good offer please... I have a good friend looking for job and when i told her to give me her CV just in case anything comes up.
Behold, I was surprised to know that She holds a First Class Degree in Biochemistry. She is just 28yrs and graduated 4yrs ago and had not worked at all with the certificate.
She is well composed, versatile and you can rest assured She is an asset to any organization she finds herself. Kindly help to fix her somewhere, please.
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by rhid1: 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
why not go for post graduate degrees instead of waiting for 4yrs without a job

1 Like

Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by mosesfrank(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
y not go forward for a postgraduate program, rather than waiting her time in the house. and perhaps she a first class graduate
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by AXYZ: 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
I suppose money is the issue.
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by Gerrard59(m): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Like he always ask, has she written any job test? Dragnet? SHL? KENEXA? GMAT?. Does she have an inclination of where to be in the future? Is she just sitting at home and expecting jobs to come and find her (evident by YOU and not HER coming to Nairaland)? What about informal network? Can she confidently write a CV of hers without grammatical error(s) and ACCURATELY? One way to decipher such is if she writes "Curriculum Vitae" at the top.

I'll not advise for a post-graduate degree at this stage, it's a time waster unless she's going outside (a top school to enhance chances, she has the brains, preferably Kings College, Hebrew University, National University of Singapore etc, scholarships abound). It will still be the same work she did at college that will taught albeit advanced. What she NEEDS is working experience(s), what she LACKS is information.

Has she tried Stutern? Ma Debbie's threads/posts? Does she look down at jobs? At this point the desirable might not be available, so the available becomes the desirable. Her age seems to be an issue, however, she can scale through that if she looks at research firms. I can understand her predicament, most students unfortunately the intelligent ones aren't duly informed about post-school, I was one until I discovered the Hub and in my little way I try to inform those who want to be informed. Na this kain thread/thing go make some people to con "mock" First Class individuals.

You might ask which one is the Hub? It's http://www.jarushub.com/ . She needs it and a plethora of lads and lasses out there too. Sometimes I think the Hub is a philanthropic and not a business venture grin.

I wish her success.

Modified:

She graduated 4 years ago? shocked No vex oh, wetin she been dey do all that time? The economy wasn't bad then as it's now thereby limiting her chances.
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by AXYZ: 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Gerrard59:
Like he always ask, has she written any job test? Dragnet? SHL? KENEXA? GMAT?. Does she have an inclination of where to be in the future? Is she just sitting at home and expecting jobs to come and find her (evident by YOU and not HER coming to Nairaland)? What about informal network? Can she confidently write a CV of hers without grammatical error(s) and ACCURATELY? One way to decipher such is if she wrote "Curriculum Vitae" at the top.

I'll not advise for a post-graduate degree at this stage, it's a time waster unless she's going outside (a top school to enhance chances, she has the brains, preferably Kings College, Hebrew University, National University of Singapore etc, scholarships abound). It will still be the same work she did at college that will taught albeit advanced. What she NEEDS is working experience(s), what she LACKS is information.

Has she tried Stutern? Ma Debbie's threads/posts? Does she look down at jobs? At this point the desirable might not be available, so the available becomes the desirable. Her age seems to be an issue, however, she can scale through that if she looks at research firms. I can understand her predicament, most students unfortunately the intelligent ones aren't duly informed about post-school, I was one until I discovered the Hub and in my little way I try to inform those who want to be informed. Na this kain thread/thing go make some people to con "mock" First Class individuals.

You might ask which one is the Hub? It's http://www.jarushub.com/ . She needs it and a plethora of lads and lasses out there too. Sometimes I think the Hub is a philanthropic and not a business venture grin.

I wish her success.

Modified:

She graduated 4 years ago? shocked No vex oh, wetin she been dey do all that time? The economy wasn't bad then as it's now thereby limiting her chances.

Thanks for the response. I think you're incredibly right. To respond to your last question, I can't really say if she had been applying. All I know is that she had always been at home (Benue State). She probably goes to market with her mum. It's very pathetic. I don't want to get too close to her and mentor her as appropriate -- at the expense of my wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by Gerrard59(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
AXYZ:

Thanks for the response. I think you're incredibly right. To respond to your last question, I can't really say if she had been applying. All I know is that she had always been at home (Benue State). She probably goes to market with her mum. It's very pathetic. I don't want to get too close to her and mentor her as appropriate -- at the expense of my wife.

Wow!!!!.

How well does she browse or look for information? Is she ambitious? Where does she see herself by the end of the decade? She reads newspapers? Which one(s)?

As it's, only you can assist her; which she is in dire need of. If possible contact Saturday Punch to interview her for its Campus Champion page. Someone who can help might contact her through Punch.

1 Like

Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by AXYZ: 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
Gerrard59:

Wow!!!!.

How well does she browse or look for information? Is she ambitious? Where does she see herself by the end of the decade? She reads newspapers? Which one(s)?

As it's, only you can assist her; which she is in dire need of. If possible contact Saturday Punch to interview her for its Campus Champion page. Someone who can help might contact her through Punch.

Thanks for the encouragement bro. I'd see what happens with the Punch thingy. I appreciate.
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by AXYZ: 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
@ Gerrard59, She told me she had been applying, and doing exams, apparently to no companies in Lagos but in the East and Middle belt. I think that's the issue. Sometimes one cant afford to exclude Lagos in job search.
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by Gerrard59(m): 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
AXYZ:
@ Gerrard59, She told me she had been applying, and doing exams, apparently to no companies in Lagos but in the East and Middle belt. I think that's the issue. Sometimes one cant afford to exclude Lagos in job search.

At no time should graduates avoid Lagos in his/her job search. Even when the firm wants employees in other states, the test(s) is/are normally conducted in Lagos.

Moreover, which kind of company(ies) has she been applying to in those regions that are in Biochemistry related fields? Furthermore, is it only Biochemistry related firms she has been applying to? She should change strategy and enter other fields (banking, consulting media or any suitable sector), unless professional courses she can work anywhere. Firms like Nestlé, Friesland Campina, Danone, NB plc etc, don't ring bells to her? Are they in Benue or any of its contiguous states?

Concerning tests, which one(s)? How has her performance been? Has she been invited for any interview(s)? What was the feedback? She needs to do a SWOT analysis.

She needs to do something about it, because as it's she has no considerable working experience(s) and age isn't on her side. I can only imagine another 4 years. shocked

P.S. The school didn't offer her a graduate assistant position?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by AXYZ: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2016
Gerrard59:

At no time should graduates avoid Lagos in his/her job search. Even when the firm wants employees in other states, the test(s) is/are normally conducted in Lagos.

Moreover, which kind of company(ies) has she been applying to in those regions that are in Biochemistry related fields? Furthermore, is it only Biochemistry related firms she has been applying to? She should change strategy and enter other fields (banking, consulting media or any suitable sector), unless professional courses she can work anywhere. Firms like Nestlé, Friesland Campina, Danone, NB plc etc, don't ring bells to her? Are they in Benue or any of its contiguous states?

Concerning tests, which one(s)? How has her performance been? Has she been invited for any interview(s)? What was the feedback? She needs to do a SWOT analysis.

She needs to do something about it, because as it's she has no considerable working experience(s) and age isn't on her side. I can only imagine another 4 years. shocked

P.S. The school didn't offer her a graduate assistant position?

Thanks for the contributions. I perceive she's enjoying her comfort zone. She told me she helps her dad in the market. First class certificate getting wasted!

I'll try and make sure she applies to any recruiting firm, especially in Lagos. What a sorry case!
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by Gerrard59(m): 9:36am On Jul 10, 2016
AXYZ:

Thanks for the contributions. I perceive she's enjoying her comfort zone. She told me she helps her dad in the market. First class certificate getting wasted!

I'll try and make sure she applies to any recruiting firm, especially in Lagos. What a sorry case!

My pleasure.

Helping her dad in the market? Chei. At this point, I say she's not an ambitious individual.
Ambitious = curiousity = information + qualifications = good jobs and scholarship(s) offer(s).

Please do, when she starts earning 200K and above monthly coupled with overseas training, she'll forget "markets" in Benue and think "stock market" grin. I also implore you to ensure her CV + Cover letter gets written by experts - Jarushub is king (even with interview brush up). Hopefully, we'll get to hear her testimony(ies) by mid-2017 all things being equal.

You didn't say anything about the graduate assistant position.

1 Like

Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by AXYZ: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Gerrard59:

My pleasure.

Helping her dad in the market? Chei. At this point, I say she's not an ambitious individual.
Ambitious = curiousity = information + qualifications = good jobs and scholarship(s) offer(s).

Please do, when she starts earning 200K and above monthly coupled with overseas training, she'll forget "markets" in Benue and think "stock market" grin. I also implore you to ensure her CV + Cover letter gets written by experts - Jarushub is king (even with interview brush up). Hopefully, we'll get to hear her testimony(ies) by mid-2017 all things being equal.

You didn't say anything about the graduate assistant position.

Thanks bro. I really pray she tastes the difference. She's not ambitious at all. As for the grad assistant positions, she said she has applied to some COEs around Benue. grin grin. Nonetheless, I will try to help her to submit some others. I appreciate
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by omogidi234(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks for being your sister's keeper, it could be that God is speaking. You know!

Anyways, 4 years is a long time to graduate and still be searching. Sometimes, it is not about the grade (notice I didn't say most times), it is about what you can bring to the table. Please change your strategy. Let her go and look for a volunteer Job without pay. Most times that I have suggested this, it worked. Assuming she had been doing this in the last 4 years, she would have had 4:years experience. It would not be written on her forehead that she wasn't earning salary.

The challenge in this is Tfare, which I think you and other family members can provide graciously.

1 Like

Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by Gerrard59(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2016
AXYZ:

Thanks bro. I really pray she tastes the difference. She's not ambitious at all. As for the grad assistant positions, she said she has applied to some COEs around Benue. grin grin. Nonetheless, I will try to help her to submit some others. I appreciate

Good day, quite a long time. How has it been with our friend? I decided to share some job test questions. Got more, unfortunately, the sizes are ginormous and I don't even know how to share files using Dropbox, which is also unfortunate.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42ljhn5vfedg7u2/AAAjRJRwjSt1YixewTx2Rkkda?dl=0

Also see some here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3l4t19ejhyw4hkk/SHL%201.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1o8h6gfd2k6ro8/SHL%202.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw30lqj122e80b7/SHL%203.zip?dl=0
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by AXYZ: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
Gerrard59:

Good day, quite a long time. How has it been with our friend? I decided to share some job test questions. Got more, unfortunately, the sizes are ginormous and I don't even know how to share files using Dropbox, which is also unfortunate.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42ljhn5vfedg7u2/AAAjRJRwjSt1YixewTx2Rkkda?dl=0

Also see some here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3l4t19ejhyw4hkk/SHL%201.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1o8h6gfd2k6ro8/SHL%202.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw30lqj122e80b7/SHL%203.zip?dl=0

Wow.. thanks for being nice. Somehow the last time I called her, she was in the market helping her dad to sell. I'm afraid the concentration is overly diluted. My interest too seems to be waning cry . Its well.

I am very grateful. I'll get my hands on the uploads ASAP.
Re: First Class Biochemistry Graduate Looking For Job by Gerrard59(m): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
AXYZ:

Wow.. thanks for being nice. Somehow the last time I called her, she was in the market helping her dad to sell. I'm afraid the concentration is overly diluted. My interest too seems to be waning cry . Its well.

I am very grateful. I'll get my hands on the uploads ASAP.

My pleasure. You just have to push harder as it'll be appalling for her to remain in such a condition.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Cv Without Work Experience/ How / Who Knows How Valid This Is? / Nigerian Police Recruitment 2016 Shortlisted Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.