Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United (2433 Views)

Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal / Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid / Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by trumic(m): 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2006
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by tosinadeda: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2006
Aseju
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by tosinadeda: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2006
Aseju
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by kitaun(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2006
@Tosin, why vernacularize the thread, lol
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by CrazyMan(m): 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2006
We don't need a henrik lasson.
for God sake the guy is so goddam old. what good can he do for us?
i don't know why the management keeps spending unnecessary cash sad
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by Jackal(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2006
He is on loan for 3 months.
Larsson is not a permanent player.
Fergie struck this shrewd deal because Torres cant join till summer.
We would have gotten a victory if we had Larsson on the bench against Chelsea. grin
Its a very shrewd buy and i think Fergie is spot on.

Giggs is 33, Neville and Scholes are 32.
Dennis Bergkamp left Arsenal at 36 and Sheringham is still making things happen at 39+
It aint about the age and i am happy Larsson will play against Arsenal next year January.
Lets hope he repeats the kinda performance he had at the UCL finals.
Larsson is the boooooooooooooooooomb.
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by tosinadeda: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2006
@kitaun

na wetin come my mind first b dat

@crazykid
larsson is beta dan half of man u players.4get age
still fresh in my memory that cl final where those 2 passes wrecked arsenal(my team)
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by marlet01(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2006
despite his age (Henrik Larsson) i still think he is a nice player, had Barcelona knew what was in store for Eto'o they would not have sold him foolishly cos now they are regreting it very badly,
so i admire the guy's skills, his fitness, forget the age, he is a wonderful player.
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by tosinadeda: 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2006
@jackal
ur wish wnt come 2 pass
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by CrazyMan(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2006
@Thosindeda
Better than half of what?

can you compare his physiological standard with that of rooney, saha and the rest of our players.
he's so old. his mentality is so low sad
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by marlet01(m): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2006
@ crazykid
you seem desperate on not allowing him get to United, just do yourself a lil favour,
take the phone and ring Ferguson to stop the transfer saga between the two clubs.
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by tosinadeda: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2006
@crazykid

larsson compared2 rooney nd saha?

U mst rily b crazy
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by CrazyMan(m): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2006
You are talking of the past
what am insulating on is the present.
his present performance isn't encouraging and you know english football.
it's kinda tough. look at the likes of Schevchenko and martins, they are much younger than larsson and yet they're finding it hard to blend.
i don't think a henrik lasson would savage manchester united
the management should look else where for some replacement
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by tosinadeda: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2006
His present is better
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by CrazyMan(m): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2006
I don't like the idea of signing a player and after one season, he becomes rusty or gets tired, that's what a henrik lasson can offer for us

And what's the present if i may ask?
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by naijacutee(f): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2006
Yeah
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by CrazyMan(m): 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2006
Hmmmmm
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by marlet01(m): 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2006
why the Hhhhmmm for?
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by kitaun(m): 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2006
Why is Crazykid whining over a done deal? Larsson at 36 is one of the greatest Scandinavian players arguably trailing the likes of Tomas Brolin and Michael Laudrup, so which players exactly are u comparing him with in the present Man Utd team? Saha or Richardson?
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by mochafella(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2006
crazykid:

I don't like the idea of signing a player and after one season, he becomes rusty or gets tired, that's what a henrik lasson can offer for us

He is not being signed for the long term or even a full season, its a three month loan deal. Quit whining.
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by kitaun(m): 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2006
By March 12 he would cease being a Manyoo player, so crazypikin allow him u hear?
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by bolaoni(m): 8:42am On Dec 02, 2006
@kit I dont tink Larsson is behind Brolin in any way. swedes chose Larson as their BEST player EVER
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by CrazyMan(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2006
kitaun:

By March 12 he would cease being a Manyoo player, so crazypikin allow him u hear?
Nope
I bet you, he's going to become a minus one player
that's exactly what happened when inter milian signed on batistituta wasn't he as old as henrik larsson?
of what benefit was he to the club?

Manchester united from my own perspective is a club with high spending power. but i don’t appreciate it when money that should be used for the purchase of young and talanted players should be wasted on a tired leg like larsson.
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by Grizzly(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2006
Old as a horse,
His worn muscles would get torn off after 2 games!! shocked shocked lipsrsealed
So much for a Striker, tongue
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by amodu(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2006
Larsson is a player that i respect so much among the Swedish team so dont rule him out yet.
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by kitaun(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2006
@Bolaoni, forget polls taken few months ago, Tomas Brolin is the best Swedish player ever, its just like saying Emma Amuneke is/was greater than Haruna Ilerika because he is recent, am sure u couldn't have forgotten Brolin's exploits for the Swedish team alongside Martin Dahlin who is of Nigerian descent
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by bolaoni(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2006
Says who?

How many years did Brolin play? He was supposed to be the best but Injury did not allow him. Can you remeber when Brolin came to Newcastle in the 90s? He was a misfit then.

Look at Larsson, since 1994 he is still relevant. The Swedes no better than you.

You dey stay for long distance dey smell soup, how you wan know the taste? grin grin grin
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by kitaun(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2006
Haba! What are you talking 'bout? Brolin misfit? U can go and re-run a check on his profile b4 yarning dust here!
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by Akolawole(m): 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2006
I believe there are some " voice of jacob and hand of esau" in that deal.

All these Managers do dirty deals.

Maybe Larsson knew he was going to Ibadan but take a Molue from Lagos to Ibadan via Benin.
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by kitaun(m): 12:28am On Dec 05, 2006
Dirty deal? pls expantiate! However way a million bucks 4 10 wks is outrageous an amount to pay for a failing pair of footie legs!
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by Jackal(m): 12:42am On Dec 05, 2006
@ Kitaun & Akola,

Why do u guys analyse like this?
A million bucks in 10 weeks is the ideal deal for a quality player like Larsson.
If Larsson had started the league in August he wld not be too far away from the top on the scorer's chart.
Ballack and Shevchenko pick 130k pounds a week and thats 1.3 million pounds each in 10 weeks doing nothing.
My radars cannot find Sheva and Ballack on the scorer's chart nor the Actim Index.

Rooney at 21 is on 100k a week and thats 1 million quid in 10 weeks.
Rijkaard didnt want Henrik Larsson to go and that shows how valuable he is compared to em Sheva.
I don't know why y'all guys think Larsson shouldn't be paid that kind of money.
Larsson might just land United the title this season.
He's been brought for a purpose and that purpose is to WIN games.
Re: Henrik Larsson Signs For Manchester United by kitaun(m): 12:58am On Dec 05, 2006
@Jackal, so must we now say that Man U is trying to join Chelsea in the league of big spenders? And in doing so you are talking of his landing United the title?! Ok o! How much has he achieved as a quality striker in terms of individual honours to make you think of him in terms of goalscoring rather than the experience he would bring into the team?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 1) On April 7th 2012 / Champions Leaque: Who Is To Face Who / Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.