Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Pistorius Gets 6 Years For The Murder Of Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pistorius Gets 6 Years For The Murder Of Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. (430 Views)

I Think Joy Eluwa Knew About The Murder Of The Jumia Delivery Man / I Am 32 And I Am A Doctor. I Lost Or Wasted 6 Years Of My Life. I Am Confused / CP FCT Orders Investigation Into The Murder Of Woman In Kubwa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pistorius Gets 6 Years For The Murder Of Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. by nex(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2016
Oscar Pistorius sentencing today, will finally lay to rest a long running legal battle in South Africa, which many said has been largely twisted due to the celebrity status of Oscar Pistorius.

South African model Reeva Steenkamp died in Febraury 2013 after she was shot at the home of her boyfriend, Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius. She was 29. Pistorius has been found guilty of the murder, after South Africa’s Supreme Court overturned the previous conviction of culpable homicide.

Pistorius’ defense team will not appeal the six-year sentence, and the prosecution has not said whether it will. Some decried the sentence, saying his celebrity status contributed to a lenient sentence. “Justice in South Africa? The mitigating factor is wealth. The deciding factor is renown,” Richard Poplak said, an author and journalist born in South Africa said.

The South African judge sentenced Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius to six years in prison for his girlfriend’s murder — the latest ruling in a drawn-out case that has transfixed the nation and the whole world for years.

Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp at his home in an upscale Pretoria neighborhood in the early hours of Valentine’s Day three years ago. The same judge originally convicted him of manslaughter in 2014 after months of hearings, but a higher court reversed that to murder last year, leading to Wednesday’s sentencing.

Barring an appeal, it will be the final sentencing in a saga that started when Pistorius fired four bullets through his bathroom door on that fateful morning in February 2013.

Source>>http://www.barbaric.com.ng/pistorius-gets-6-years-murder-girlfriend-reeva-steenkamp/

(1) (Reply)

Israel Findings May Help Solve Mystery / See What This Woman Do To Protest Tax Payment / Collect Loan From Us,payback With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.