Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? (1839 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Dominicpupuru(m): 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
Growing up as a young man, i watched my mum tolerate all sorts from my dad and i wished and prayed my wife would be just like her, and i'd have a happy home. Now this is the question; 'would you go ahead and marry your bf/gf if he or she had the same character as your mother or father? ' For me, GLADLY !
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hmm. I love this topic. Wish lalasticlala would FP it cuz it will showcase what many ppl are going thru in dia homes and why they love one parent than the other or vice versa

In my own case I'm d only child of my parents and they're not 2gether. My dad left for anoda woman since I was a baby claiming that my mother's rigidity is unbearable. It is that unbearably rigid mother that raised me alone. There was no such thing as pampering, its d last thing u would see here. Flogging to bleeding point, going to bed hungry at night and hungry to sch d next day were part of the punishments that my childhood was full of, even though we had enough food at home. To play with my peers was a taboo. That's to mention a few

Men tried to approach but her heart is hardened and she's been single since then. My maternal uncle and aunts left us alone cuz of her wahala and I'm not too close my paternal ones. I have to relate with certain family friends and my dad without her knowledge just for peace sake.

Men means nothing to her and she even threaten them on little mistakes cuz she works with d force. Her work is anoda issue I don't like telling ppl abt cuz ppl generally think all 'only child' are mommy's pet but hers is different she doesn't spend or gives me much believing that she'll loose all her investment on me to my dad. Yet me on my own part don't want to be familiar with my dad's family for now cuz I don't trust my stepmum over my life since I'm d only one for my mum who doesn't even value me. To even have a battered ego from a masculine and domineering mother is another life topic on its own. Although now she fears my strong level of control and she respects me for that even tho we have our differences.

So my dear, praying to marry a wife with same character as my mum is d last thing I would never do. I love her but I can't go thru psycho-emotional hell again with a woman. All I want is a lively and tender lady to live happily and share my love with. Else I'll stay single in peace bcus I have serious antagonistic and attacking instinct against choleric women who think they're tough and feminist. I can kill dem if I'm chanced. They're best my friend than being my spouse

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 07, 2016
My dad isnt perfect but ive learned to tolerate him over the years. It wouldnt be a biggie having a spouse like him.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Aremu01(m): 7:19am On Jul 07, 2016
My mum has a very good heart, very kind and nice... Can go to any length for her kids to succeed.... I won't mind a wife with her nature... Jus that she nags
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by MEGGATRON(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2016
how can one know fully his gf or her bf behaviour ? until you live together , it is all pretence in today's courtship.

my mum is married to my dad , they live together , see each other everyday , they tolerate one another 's flaws.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 07, 2016
Dominicpupuru:
Growing up as a young man, i watched my mum tolerate all sorts from my dad and i wished and prayed my wife would be just like her, and i'd have a happy home. Now this is the question; 'would you go ahead and marry your bf/gf if he or she had the same character as your mother or father? ' For me, GLADLY !
A resounding NO!
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by PresVA: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2016
Dominicpupuru:
Really? You're praying for someone that will tolerate and endure all sorts from you? Instead of working towards not making your future wife go through what your mum went through... Smh .

Please don't enter marriage with this mindset, nobody was born to endure; we all deserve happiness. .

If you love someone, you wouldn't want them to endure rubbish from you. .Instead you strive to make them happy. ..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by tomquest: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2016
For a guy, seeking for your mum's type could be daunting. Question is, did your dad seek for his own mum's type for marriage?

Chart your own course. Create your own destiny. No two persons can be alike
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by tomquest: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Hmm. I love this topic. Wish lalasticlala would FP it cuz it will showcase what many ppl are going thru in dia homes and why they love one parent than the other or vice versa

In my own case I'm d only child of parents and they're not 2gether. My dad left for anoda woman since I was a baby claiming that my mother's rigidity is unbearable. It is that unbearably rigid mother that raised me alone. There was no such thing as pampering, its d last thing u would see here. Flogging to bleeding point, going to bed hungry at night and hungry to sch d next day were part of the punishments that my childhood was full of even though we had enough food at home. To play with my peers was a taboo. That's to mention a few

Men tried to approach but her heart is hardened and she's been single since then. My maternal uncle and aunts left us alone cuz of her wahala and I'm not too close my paternal ones. I have to relate with certain family friends and my dad without her knowledge just for peace sake.

Men means nothing to her and she even threaten them on little mistakes cuz she works with d force. Her work is anoda issue I don't like telling ppl abt cuz ppl generally think all 'only child' are mommy's pet but hers is different she doesn't spend or gives me much believing that she'll loose all her investment on me to my dad. Yet me on my own part don't want to be familiar with my dad's family for now cuz I don't trust my stepmum over my life since I'm d only one for my mum who doesn't even value me. To even have a battered ego from a masculine and domineering mother is another life topic on its own. Although now she fears my strong level of control and she respects me for that even tho we have our differences.

So my dear, praying to marry a wife with same character as my mum is d last thing I would ever do. I really love her but I can't go thru psycho-emotional hell again with a woman. All I want is a lively and tender lady to live happily and share my love with. Else I'll stay single in peace bcus I have serious antagonistic and attacking instinct against choleric women who think they're tough and feminist. I can kill dem if I'm chanced. They're best my friend than being my spouse

Touching story. God will grant your heart desires.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Dominicpupuru(m): 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
PresVA:
Really? You're praying for someone that will tolerate and endure all sorts from you? Instead of working towards not making your future wife go through what your mum went through... Smh .

Please don't enter marriage with this mindset, nobody was born to endure; we all deserve happiness. .

If you love someone, you wouldn't want them to endure rubbish from you. .Instead you strive to make them happy. ..
You are mistaken dear. When I said 'tolerate all sorts' I meant her patience, wisdom and diplomacy made, and still makes her home a peaceful one, even after 40 years of marriage. Of course we all have our failings, but when a man 'messes up' and the woman isn't patient enough to handle the situation wisely, it would only end in unrest in the home. Trust me, my mum isn't the push around quiet type, she is firm and strict. But her wisdom amazes me! Coupled with her patience...And just so you know, I'm married, been with my wife for over 8 years and I can boldy say I have a happy and peaceful marriage.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by byvan03: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
I will always prefer someone a lot like me, not anyone else.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
No.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by PresVA: 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dominicpupuru:

You are mistaken dear. When I said 'tolerate all sorts' I meant her patience, wisdom and diplomacy made, and still makes her home a peaceful one, even after 40 years of marriage. Of course we all have our failings, but when a man 'messes up' and the woman isn't patient enough to handle the situation wisely, it would only end in unrest in the home. Trust me, my mum isn't the push around quiet type, she is firm and strict. But her wisdom amazes me! Coupled with her patience...And just so you know, I'm married, been with my wife for over 8 years and I can boldy say I have a happy and peaceful marriage.
Alright. . Wish you continous peace and happiness smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by HaneefahRN(f): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
No. I can't.
I would prefer someone that seems like me.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by speciallymade(m): 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
HaneefahRN:
No. I can't.

I would prefer someone that seems like me.
I guess we have same character then grin
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by speciallymade(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
I'll prefer my wife to be herself as long as I can cope and live with it
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by deenvibe(m): 10:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
NO,because she too like money and she overhype herself. Would love someone that is very simple
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Beamborla(f): 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hell NO!

Marry someone like my dad?
NO!

I want someone better...
Even my mum would agree with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Dominicpupuru(m): 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
PresVA:
Alright. . Wish you continous peace and happiness smiley smiley
Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Alezy(m): 12:23am On Jul 08, 2016
well...errrnmm. nope
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Mopricelezz(f): 9:27am On Jul 08, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

In my own case I'm d only child of parents and they're not 2gether. My dad left for anoda woman since I was a baby claiming that my mother's rigidity is unbearable. It is that unbearably rigid mother that raised me alone. There was no such thing as pampering, its d last thing u would see here. Flogging to bleeding point, going to bed hungry at night and hungry to sch d next day were part of the punishments that my childhood was full of, even though we had enough food at home. To play with my peers was a taboo. That's to mention a few

So my dear, praying to marry a wife with same character as my mum is d last thing I would never do. I love her but I can't go thru psycho-emotional hell again with a woman. All I want is a lively and tender lady to live happily and share my love with. Else I'll stay single in peace bcus I have serious antagonistic and attacking instinct against choleric women who think they're tough and feminist. I can kill dem if I'm chanced. They're best my friend than being my spouse

WAOH!!!!!!
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
Laye!!!
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
NEVER!!!!!!!!

I love my Mum.. She is a great Mum who always put her family first.

But to marry someone like my Mum is a No No.. Only my Father could have married my Mum on earth and have a happy marriage.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by gidjah(m): 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
hmm... double edged question!, it all depends sha, if it has to do with ma poppsy's handsomeness, great brain quality, height and sense of analytical accuracy(been a millitary weapon ENGR), why not, i can die for such lady, but any other ..... ....mmmhhhmmm(like my dad can scope ladies big time,he is a moderate drinkard)[while i really do not do such], i wont love to get married to that kinda person for all the whealth in d world.he was like our proverbial SOLOMON....(TOO MANY WIVES AND CONCUBINES!!!)No bagger should quote me o!
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by KillerBeauty(f): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
As a young husband, my dad was a philanderer and that gave my mom a lot of stress. He actually throw his womanizing behavior in my monlm face. Talk abt disrespect n disregard of his matrimonial home. Mom was patient though, thank God for her if not I would have been from a broken home.
Even up till this day 35 years of marriage my mom doesn't completely trust my dad.
So NO I wouldn't want a husband like my dad
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by dahmie2013: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Never! If I see a man like my dad, I will run, if I mistakenly married u, I will divorce u immediately.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Princefrank90(m): 1:31am On Jul 25, 2016
If she is good like my mum why not
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Princefrank90(m): 1:32am On Jul 25, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Princefrank90(m): 1:33am On Jul 25, 2016
[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by PeachyP(f): 1:50am On Jul 25, 2016
I won't mind marrying someone with my dad's character. Under the bad temperament he's the best man I know.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2016
No I will not....
We are paddies but that kind of paddy cannot be spouse paddy...
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Mskrisx(f): 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
Dad I gat madt love for you... If only u weren't my dad....very sweet man... Late mum even says she's lucky she had you grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exotic Flower Vase And Flowers For Sale / Bros Moved Out Because Of Utility Bill. / How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.