Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) (16158 Views)

6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS / MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb / Do-not-disturb SMS From MTN (at Last) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by faruz: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
Emmyk:
But sometimes, you just utterly wonder where some of these third parties get your mobile numbers, if not from the service providers themselves. undecided

Just like the op suggests, best way is to use Apps, to block the number disturbing you, but what if the message doesn't have a number? Like Airtel, they send tons of messages with "HOT DEALS".
i was thinking i was the only 1 that recieves this airtel hot deals stuff..... Airtel no dey run out of deal .....

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by nurex01(m): 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
That dnd even. Serves as a keylogger that can still people's password and key information. Therefore, I totally disagree with you
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Dindondin(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Youngzedd:

grin
If only you can recommend a stronger call app dat can block most of those spam messages.
Me wey vex say I no want any msg u think I m not aware of missing out on general info msgs especially on security.
Adon care. I can get my msgs from other source but not from all these local networks like MTN. Glo etc
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Please how can I opt out from DND
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Pesuzok(m): 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
Now I understand why I didn't get reschedule sms from an airline. I need to opt out.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Youngzedd(m): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dindondin:

If only you can recommend a stronger call app dat can block most of those spam messages.
Me wey vex say I no want any msg u think I m not aware of missing out on general info msgs especially on security.
Adon care. I can get my msgs from other source but not from all these local networks like MTN. Glo etc

I use MIUI 7 which comes with the app by default. True caller is very good in blocking annoying calls.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Youngzedd(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
missNGLatest:

Oluebube i wu onye ara wink

Somtoo I bu akpa amu.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
Youngzedd:
See Reasons Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb)

This thread is to enlighten people about DND and how subscribing to it can be a bad decision.

This have its advantages, but believe me the disadvantages is higher to the advantage.

It's obvious that those who really disturb our cell phones are the network providers, this is because you will hardly block their messages unlike other short code service you can use your call and message blocker app to silent forever.

What exactly is DND?

The Do-Not-Disturb service allows customers to opt out of receiving promotional messages for 3rd Party services (Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc.)

Are promotional messages for MTN services included in DND?

NO. DND service will only be introduced for 3rd party services e.g. VAS, Bulk SMS etc.

We all know that we receive a lot of important messages starting from our church, wedding, school, Job interview, events etc.

What Nigerians really need is a block or DND which will also give option to option out of network providers promo messages.

Dont miss out crucial information just because of DND.

The best way to avoid unsolicited messages and calls is to use call and message blocker app.

You have to understand this before taking action on their DND to avoid missing out a lot of information been passed on daily basis.

Optioning out or subscribing to DND simply means you will not receive all messages sent to your line using bulk SMS and other third party application which maybe important to you.

NCC and the rest misinformed us, what we really need is an option to option out of network providers unsolicited messages and calls.

Pass the information across.
It's for the best that they come up with this even though it has some lapses. Those third party agents were abusing especially those that hack into some sites to get people's phone number
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Youngzedd(m): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

It's for the best that they come up with this even though it has some lapses. Those third party agents were abusing especially those that hack into some sites to get people's phone number

They don't hack anything, only the insiders sells the phone numbers codedly to highest bidder.

The best thing is to use true caller to block all messages and calls reported an spam.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Dindondin(m): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
Youngzedd:

I use MIUI 7 which comes with the app by default. True caller is very good in blocking annoying calls.
true caller is useless.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Youngzedd(m): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dindondin:
true caller is useless.

Check Google play store there are many there.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Dindondin(m): 7:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
Youngzedd:

Check Google play store there are many there.
what am telling u is its only out network provider that can help us from unwanted sales, adds msgs. I m not illiterate. I know how to get a good call app. The only way ti solve this issue is to use ncc to fight Naija network providers cos if u tell dem to release you, they won't
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Youngzedd:

They don't hack anything, only the insiders sells the phone numbers codedly to highest bidder.

The best thing is to use true caller to block all messages and calls reported an spam.
You suggested true caller but how many persons actually use smarphones?
Are you aware that there are some persons still using java and Nokia Symbian phones?
So would you suggest true caller to those persons
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Youngzedd(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

You suggested true caller but how many persons actually use smarphones?
Are you aware that there are some persons still using java and Nokia Symbian phones?
So would you suggest true caller to those persons

Symbian phone have an app for that. Those using phones that doesn't support apps have to live with it for now until they upgrade.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by gentlegenius(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nasri100:

Uche Please, go back to school.
His name is Okonkwo... Not Uche.
Pls take note.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Youngzedd:

Symbian phone have an app for that. Those using phones that doesn't support apps have to live with it for now until they upgrade.
Ok
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Emmyk(m): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
faruz:
i was thinking i was the only 1 that recieves this airtel hot deals stuff..... Airtel no dey run out of deal .....
Always HOT.... embarassed embarassed
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by ErasmusCOMP: 12:45am On Jul 09, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Oluebube you build a breast

I see. You used Google translator.
Oluebube you are a mad man.... (real translation)
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Alhaji1970: 7:35am On Jul 09, 2016
Deanny:
How would you unsubscribe from the dnd ish?

To allow all SMSs text ALLOW to 2442
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by harmbhrosz(m): 8:17am On Jul 09, 2016
Jiayu s3 Basic(with broken screen) for sale
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2016
ErasmusCOMP:

I see. You used Google translator. Oluebube you are a mad man.... (real translation)
Thanks man
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by MikeB3(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2016
It is for all networks bro..... The inventor of this thread is totally biase and making it peculiar to MTN of which it is a NCC directive..... For anyone who cares, kindly text STOP to 2442 to block all 3rd party notifications!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by dhsfbi(m): 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
mtn do not disturb is a total bullshit in some way. The moment i saw mtn promotional messages will not be blocked, i knew the whole DND thing is a scam.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Youngzedd(m): 8:05am On Dec 23, 2016
Deanny:
How would you unsubscribe from the dnd ish?

Send ALLOW to 2442
Re: Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) by Youngzedd(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike / Andriod Games (free Take Away)!!! / How You Can Identify A Fake Huawei Device In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.