Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated (539 Views)

"How A Retired Major Treated His Daughter After She Got Pregnant In 100 Level" / How My Blood Sister Treated My Wife! What Should I Do? / How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated by aheadofthem(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2016
Please I need mature minds to come in and give me what I need. In my area (Southeastern Nigeria) there is a sickness that mostly affects little children when their mothers get pregnant again. It is characterized by fever, tiredness and loss of appetite (I may not be totally correct though). They treat it in some traditional ways and some women said the only treatment for it is to separate the child from his/her pregnant mother. In my dialect the sickness is called ‘AGWA’. I have been asking questions to understand how the pregnancy of a mother can possibly make her child sick. Who knows of this and please what is it called in your area and how is it treated. Also if you have any explanations as to how and why it happens I will appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated by Danni07(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
Wow! Jst hearing dis for d 1st tym bt jst askd an elderly Igbo woman n she said dat der ain't main cause of d sickness bt it still happens anyway n nt jst to kids alone bt to deir husbands too. So jst giv him/her normal medicine to stop fever or u might jst treat d person malaria n it will stop. N also u shldn't ignore it cause it can still kill d person.

(1) (Reply)

House Wife Consults Oracle Over Husband’s Sexual Escapades In Delta / HEARTBREAKING! Twin Sisters Who Died Same Minute Buried Amidst Tears And Pains ( / Business Ideas With 150k Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.