Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

25 Mind-boggling Sculptures That Defy The Laws Of Physics - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 25 Mind-boggling Sculptures That Defy The Laws Of Physics (1382 Views)

Meet Laetitia Ky, Ivorian Artist Who Makes Sculptures Out Of Her Hair (photos) / Incredible Sculptures Around The World That Defy The Laws Of Gravity(Photos) / MY ART GALLERY (sculptures, charcoal portrait drawings) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Mind-boggling Sculptures That Defy The Laws Of Physics by samuelchimmy(m): 11:42am On Jul 07, 2016
The purpose of art is to make the comfortable uncomfortable, and the uncomfortable comfortable. We challenge concepts that we are used to, yet find solace in the act itself, and when it comes to public art, no other work of art challenges the status quo than statues that defy logic and our understanding of how things work.

In this post we will be looking at 25 jaw-dropping statues that suspend not only the laws of physics but also our belief in the norm. I hope you will have as much fun as I did, having my mind twisted and boggled by these amazing sculptures.

And if these are not enough, follow the credit source and check out more amazing art by the masters on their website or account.
1. Flying Stone Statue in Cairo

The poor stone is trying to “hang on” to its friend, who is at the verge of floating away!

IMAGE: TheDankula
see the rest here https://chimmysblog./2016/07/07/25-unbelievable-but-true-sculptures-that-exists/
2. Floating Elephant

Bet you can’t pull off a horizontal handstand, er, I mean trunkstand.

IMAGE: Daniel Firman

1 Like

Re: 25 Mind-boggling Sculptures That Defy The Laws Of Physics by freshness2020: 11:49am On Jul 07, 2016
The more you look , the less you see.

1 Like

Re: 25 Mind-boggling Sculptures That Defy The Laws Of Physics by Kondomatic(m): 11:54am On Jul 07, 2016
freshness2020:
The more you look , the less you see.
I have stopped looking

2 Likes

Re: 25 Mind-boggling Sculptures That Defy The Laws Of Physics by samuelchimmy(m): 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
they are real bro,

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Banner For My Ad's / I Need Tutorial Videos For Adobe Premier Pro / Proudly Nigerian Design Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.