Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions (41511 Views)

10 Nigeria Professions That Never Escape Law Of Karma / 8 Professions In Nigeria That May Be About To Disappear / Professions That Harbor Secrets The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by creepsyme(f): 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
robosky02:

Professor Remi Sonaiya: is the first woman in Nigeria to seek to become Nigerias President

is the first woman in Nigeria to seek the highest seat in the land running as the Presidential flag bearer under the Kowa Party at the recently concluded 2015 Nigerian Presidential Elections. She obtained a Bachelor of Arts in French from the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) graduating with the best result in her faculty and also received a PhD in linguistics from Cornell University. She became a professor of French Language and Applied Linguistics in 2001

I disagree on this: the first nigeria female to aspire for the presidential candidate is sarah jibrin under the umbrella of PDP who later became a special adviser to president goodluck jonathan on ethics and values, thank you.
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by engrajoo1(m): 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
wat of the first nigeria woman to do abortion?
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by segxi1960: 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
robosky02:

Professor Remi Sonaiya: is the first woman in Nigeria to seek to become Nigerias President

is the first woman in Nigeria to seek the highest seat in the land running as the Presidential flag bearer under the Kowa Party at the recently concluded 2015 Nigerian Presidential Elections. She obtained a Bachelor of Arts in French from the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) graduating with the best result in her faculty and also received a PhD in linguistics from Cornell University. She became a professor of French Language and Applied Linguistics in 2001

Wrong.

A female aspired for office in 2003 as well
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Deejaygold(m): 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Incomplete list, Fela mother no dey there naa!
First to drive or own a rcar shocked
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by theEYe21(f): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Fela's mother cheesy
graphixplusng:
The first woman to drive a car in Nigeria was left out
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by billyG(m): 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Akataka01:
her excellency Dame virgy etiaba is the first female governor in Nigeria. she was governor of anambra state between August and December 2007. also Rt. Hon Eucharia Azodo was the first female speaker in Nigeria. she was the speaker of anambra state house of assembly btw June 2003 and july 2004.

d 1st female speaker is mrs magaret ichi.
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by wiseoneking: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

That is not true....at least two African women [b]Deratu Tulu [/b]of Ethiopia and Hassiba Boulmerka of Algeria won Olympic gold medals in the 10000 AND 1500m at the 1992 olympics.

Nawal el Moutakwel of Morroco won the 400m hurdles at the 1984 olympics.
Just be consoled with this: the first in Nigeria and not in Africa. I hope you are ok with these. Dont bother your self anymore.
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by billyG(m): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Y dem no put d 1st okrika woman 2 be 1st lady,look diariz God oooo!
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by robosky02(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
rubyradiance:

Wrong information OP
Sarah Jubril contested with Olusengun Obasanjo before decamping to PDP pls always do research properly when on the quest for front page

hello

the OP has done his home work before posting

yes Sarah Jibril contested for president but NEVER won in her party the PDP

but

Professor Remi Sonaiya: is the first woman in Nigeria to seek the highest seat in the land running as the Presidential flag bearer under the Kowa Party

creepsyme, theshaderoom, soul2, jammyunn, UIA04, rubyradiance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Francis95(m): 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Niyinficient:

Lol! Better! We need less tribal bigots on this forum. Cheers Omo-iya mi (Nwanne). cool
lol, the rate of Tribalism is very high on this platform.. I neva see oo ... Well udo (peace)
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by DonMekino(m): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
first woman to drive a car... kuti funmilayo dem fela mother....na so I hear ooo
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by WaleTheECONOMIST(m): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dora akunyili....she gave counterfeiters sleepless nights back to back...I duff my CAP for her.
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
The first female Police officer. Stella Opuiyo from Okrika, Rivers State. Retired as a DCP
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Respect55(m): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
If it were to be political appointment, the ratio of Northern names to that of other tribes combined wud have been 100:1. Now that it has come to individual achievements, I saw only one hausa name there.
NORTH=bunch of biased mediocre brainwashed religious bigots enslaved in bombings and child marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by rexericx(m): 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
I tot Sarah Jubril was the first female to contest for the nations No1 seat?
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by lordcabasa(m): 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
Out of s list of 12 or 13, southerners occupied 1-6 and 10 out of the 12 record breakers, yet to bubu people from this area can't bring result to his government and we still wonder why we are in this poo of a government?
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by jammyunn(m): 11:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
robosky02:

hello

the OP has done his home work before posting

yes Sarah Jibril contested for president but NEVER won in her party the PDP

but

Professor Remi Sonaiya: is the first woman in Nigeria to seek the highest seat in the land running as the Presidential flag bearer under the Kowa Party

creepsyme, theshaderoom, soul2, jammyunn, UIA04, rubyradiance
check what I posted...mojisola obasanjo was the first. I remember clearly that maurice iwu mentioned her while reading the votes all the parties got after the 2007 election
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by jay89(m): 11:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
robosky02:

Mrs Sarah Jibril via for that position before her
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by chukagora(m): 11:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
I looked though the pictures of this Distinguished women non with extra ordinary make-up now I wonder how our ladies of today can be the first when they devout their time painting their faces like I don't knw what
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by robosky02(m): 12:09am On Jul 08, 2016
Olabisi Alofe-Kolawole is the first female public relations officer (FPRO) of the Nigeria Police Force.

She has a degree in law from Ogun State University and a master’s in police leadership and management from University of Leicester, UK. She was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2002 and has also served in the following United Nations Missions; in East-Timor 2000, Kosovo 2004, Liberia 2006 and at the DPKO UNHQ, New York 2007. She is also a member of the pool of investigators assisting the office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court (ICC) at The Hague in the investigations of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence as international crimes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by blackwizwise(m): 6:28am On Jul 08, 2016
please ooo don't forget Priscilla Anozie the first woman to show me love and care

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 08, 2016
that list is not complete without the first female mechanic
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by supereagle(m): 7:05am On Jul 08, 2016
Ndi Igbo wasted their own first female doctor at a tender age.
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Exponental(m): 7:09am On Jul 08, 2016
robosky02:

this is not true. One Mrs Obasanjo contested against Obj in 2003. I can't remember her title but she was in the military...... Major, I guess!
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by OMAR12: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2016
Respect55:
If it were to be political appointment, the ratio of Northern names to that of other tribes combined wud have been 100:1. Now that it has come to individual achievements, I saw only one hausa name there.
NORTH=bunch of biased mediocre brainwashed religious bigots enslaved in bombings and child marriage.
all I see there is southerners both in football majority of them are Southerner, the only female there was even a political assignment, all they know how to do is struggle for power.
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by robosky02(m): 8:31am On Jul 08, 2016
Dr. Salamat Ahuoiza Aliu: is a neuro-surgeon at National Hospital, Abuja.

She is the first indigenously trained female neuro-surgeon in Nigeria as well as the first female to be certified a neuro-surgeon in West Africa.

Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by robosky02(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2016
Captain Abimbola Jayeola (Captain AB) is Nigeria’s First Female Helicopter Captain.

In February 2016, Captain Jayeola was widely celebrated for her heroism in saving the lives of 11 Nigerians onboard a 5B BJQ Bristow helicopter headed to Lagos from Port Harcourt. Jayeola’s shrewd decision-making and astute skill has been hailed as exemplary and one of the main reasons why no lives were lost.

Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2016
grin grin ;DWANTED grin grin grin
Name Checkers' Association, (NCA) Abuja Branch, any comment?
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 08, 2016
one day I'll be on the list. op remember.

robosky02:
it is a pleasure to present to you, Nigeria’s first women- a list of Nigeria’s female trailblazers…
excellent compilation!

Captain Chinyere Kalu is the first female pilot in Nigeria. Capt. Chinyere’s decision to start a career in Aviation was spurred by her adventurous aunt, who was also the first woman from her hometown to travel overseas. She was made a member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR) in the 2006 National Honours list. In 2011, she was appointed the Rector and Chief Executive of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), which is the largest aviation training institute in Africa

http://olorisupergal.com/international-womens-day-nigerias-first-women/
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by XaintJoel20: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
robosky02:

False. Sarah Jubril is the first woman that contested to be the president..
Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by 989900: 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dora, what a woman!

Re: Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions by Respect55(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
OMAR12:
all I see there is southerners both in football majority of them are Southerner, the only female there was even a political assignment, all they know how to do is struggle for power.
Seriously, I have come to embrace the terms, "fear North." They are the problems of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate / Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video) / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.