Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Dog Chronicles - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Chronicles (42118 Views)

Dog Chronicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Chronicles by PhilAmadeus: 7:26am On Apr 20, 2017
drgbaks:

Thank you Kelsmic grin
weldone...u R wonderful

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
PhilAmadeus:
weldone...u R wonderful

Thank you PhilAmadeus
Re: Dog Chronicles by Maddict: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
I can testify to this, will never produce any litter again without it.. To me Parvo is already a thing of the past
Dafman25:
Hello,

I am sorry about your loss. As a dog lover who has attempted to breed over the years I too have experienced this kind of loss. Words cannot console and the urge to get another dog is not there.

I lost my last litter to Parvo in August. Six healthy male Rottweilers. Well raised and just about to be vaccinated and it struck. It started as a cold and their nostrils were dry and in 24hrs they had refused to eat or drink water. To watch them deteriorate in a few days was the worse experience I have to say in the last 10yrs in my program. I am usually a perfectionist in my work and meticulously prepare for anything. This one got me.

What we experienced was hell. Lovely vibrant puppies reduced to skin and bones in a matter of 24hrs. Stooping and vomiting uncontrollably. Not only did the puppies have parvo, they had the F-strain parvo. We were rocked, after the last one passed at 1am on a Friday morning I almost broke down and my wife woke up and held me tight and said these words. You must be strong for us all. I snapped out of it an de said its time to do something about it. I called a friend in Ghana and he said he had the supplements I had been looking for. It cost me about 110$ to get. So I kept them in the cupboard and went about our normal day to day lives.

Fast forward three months later and we were happy raising another litter and just when they were barely three weeks I woke up in the morning to check them before I took my kids to school and they were all lethargic and stooping foul smelling poo. Esu kpofo is all I said in my mind. I went into the cupboard and started dosing them. The medications I got needed to be given 4 times in the first hour .i.e every 15mins and every our after that until all stools were formed and puppies were eating. So I started.no vomiting had occurred at this point. By the 9th hour which was in the afternoon that day what I saw was frank bloody stool. I ignored what I was seeing and kept dosing. Long and short of it is all puppies survived. All puppies are alive as I type and are 10weeks tomorrow.

I decided to turn this mishap into a good thing and help others. I ordered more and told a few friends. Believe me it has save no less than three litters. We are out of stock now but I am ordering a whole bunch. What is most beautiful about this is it can be used as a prophylactic to prevent the disease. If people, breeders and vets decide to use this supplement, parvo would be a thing of the past and we would have healthy loving dogs and more happy owners.

My Name is Dafe and this is the first time I am posting about it my mishap because I never imagined there was a large audience here. I am sorry I have not notified several online platforms about this but believe me it works and it's worth ever Naira spent.

You can check my page Daffydogs as in the coming days when the products arrive I would be posting a lot more about it. Puppy pictures below as they are today.
Re: Dog Chronicles by kristana(f): 12:54am On Apr 28, 2017
Iluv:

You know, asides being a vet, i think you should take to writing. You would do well with fantasy stories. You sure do know how to put your readers in suspense.
seriously i concur!!

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 2:22am On Apr 28, 2017
kristana:
seriously i concur!!

Thank you Kristana!
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 2:23am On Apr 28, 2017
Something major is coming!!!!

The countdown begins...
Re: Dog Chronicles by festaclanre: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2017
drgbaks:
The countdown begins...
can't wait
Re: Dog Chronicles by ademoladeji(m): 11:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
drgbaks:

The countdown begins...

Hello Doc, I have a lovely Alsatian named JJ. He's gonna be 10 weeks old come 2mao. He weighed 6.5kg tonight.

I fed him with can food till last Monday when I decided to get him Booster food.

The booster costs me 19200. He hardly eats it though but I dunno what to do so he could eat just the Booster.

Also, he sheds his fur/hair these days.

Kindly advice accordingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dog Chronicles by JoinMarco: 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
drgbaks:

Thank you Kelsmic grin
Madam pls hw do I treat my dogs injured ear.
I have being spraying it with oxy voilet spray
Flies have being perching on it ..
My dog always scratches the ear making it bleed again
Am tired of the matter.
Am planning of wrapping it with tape and cotton wool deeper in voilet spray..Art least to drive away the flies bcus it's really irritating. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hey Guys!
Great news!!
I now have a blog!!!
I have officially joined The Sacred Bloggers' Community!!!!
Link is:

www.drgbaksthevet.com

I like to call it a "vetcentric" or vet-related blog.

If you are an animal enthusiast, cynophile, ailurophile, dog breeder or even an aspiring animal lover or owner,
pre-vet student, vet student, veterinarian, this blog is for you!

So, for more Dog Chronicles and vetcentric tales please check out the blog!
Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hi All,

Please I will reply questions tomorrow.

Thank you.
Re: Dog Chronicles by victor44843(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
drgbaks:
Hey Guys!
Great news!!
I now have a blog!!!
Link is:

www.drgbaksthevet.

If you are an animal enthusiast, cynophile, ailurophile, dog breeder or even an aspiring animal lover or owner,

Thank you!
if you need help in using a domain name like www.drgbaksthevet.com or drgbaksthevet.net or .org
contact me
Re: Dog Chronicles by victor44843(m): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
since you now owns a blog,i can tell you how to make money on your blog like $1000+ monthly
Re: Dog Chronicles by xharles15(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2017
drgbaks:
Hey Guys!
Great news!!
I now have a blog!!!
Link is:

www.drgbaksthevet.

Thank you!
I'm a vet student in my pre-clinical
s and I find your posts interesting,educating and motivating. Thumbs up on your new blog by the way. Its got me glued. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 9:23am On May 06, 2017
xharles15:

s and I find your posts interesting,educating and motivating. Thumbs up on your new blog by the way. Its got me glued. Keep up the good work.

This made my day!
I'm glad they are of interests and enlightenment to you. That's one of the goals of the blog.
Thank you.
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 9:26am On May 06, 2017
KUG Dog Show 2017!

See more amazing pictures on the blog!

www.drgbaksthevet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 9:48pm On May 14, 2017
10 BREEDERS; 1 QUESTION

It's safe to say that the cynophile community is growing larger by the day in Nigeria. {I also regularly get a number of emails requesting guidance in purchasing a new puppy}. Consequently, this means that more Nigerian breeders spring up by the minute. Is this a good thing?...

READ MORE ON THE BLOG

https://drgbaksthevet./2017/05/14/10-top-nigerian-breeders-talk-about-building-their-reputation-and-more/

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 3:40pm On May 20, 2017
Over the past months, I have received many requests to share my vet school experiences. I thought a fun way to do that will be to recount 10 things I hated about Vet school and 10 things I loved about Vet school respectively. This week, we begin with the things I hated.

https://drgbaksthevet./2017/05/20/10-things-i-hated-about-vet-school-part-1/

Re: Dog Chronicles by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 29, 2017
xharles15:

Oga u mailed me
Re: Dog Chronicles by okikiosibodu(m): 12:46am On Jun 08, 2017
drgbaks:
Over the past months, I have received many requests to share my vet school experiences. I thought a fun way to do that will be to recount 10 things I hated about Vet school and 10 things I loved about Vet school respectively. This week, we begin with the things I hated.

https://drgbaksthevet./2017/05/20/10-things-i-hated-about-vet-school-part-1/
I love this collage.
We miss your updates, pls do the needful

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
Cheers to the Weekend Guys!
Enjoy these candid shots of pets and me!!

https://drgbaksthevet./2017/06/08/candid-photos-of-pets-and-me-1-0/

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
okikiosibodu:

I love this collage.
We miss your updates, pls do the needful

The needful will be done! grin

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2017

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
I absolutely enjoyed interviewing Mr. Godwin. Such sincere responses. My favourite part has got to be the lessons he has drawn from having, loving and keeping dogs. Can you relate?

Oh! You haven't read the interview yet? Click on the link below:

https://drgbaksthevet./2017/06/24/cynophiles-corner-one-on-one-with-mr-godwin-zibiri/

Happy Weekend!

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
Have you ever being a part of a dog walk?
Today, in a new blog post, I talk about how to plan a Successful Dog Walk. As usual the link is below.
Have a read and don't forget to share.
Thanks.

The Dog Walk Checklist: How to Plan a Successful Dog Walk. https://drgbaksthevet./2017/07/07/the-dog-walk-checklist-how-to-plan-a-successful-dog-walk/

Re: Dog Chronicles by Coyotejack(m): 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
Well done doc

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
Coyotejack:
Well done doc

Thank You
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Thank you for reading, liking, commenting and following.

I appreciate each and everyone of you.

The Second Compilation of Dog Chronicles is starting soon.

A N T I C I P A T E

Re: Dog Chronicles by Awolowo86: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2017
Very lovely and enlightening post so far.
Please kindly identify this breed for me.
Am a first time potential dog owner and will appreciate recommendations please.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by Prodeegee(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 8:23am On Jul 25, 2017
Awolowo86:
Very lovely and enlightening post so far.
Please kindly identify this breed for me.
Am a first time potential dog owner and will appreciate recommendations please.
Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for stopping by. It's always heartwarming to hear from my readers.

The dog looks like a mix of Caucasian Shepherd and the German Shepherd breeds.

It's quite hard to tell if the parents aren't known.

Cheers.
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 8:23am On Jul 25, 2017
Prodeegee:
well done doc

Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Remember My Caucasian Pup. Well He's A Man Now / Guys, My Ekuke Gave Birth (Tomorrow Is The Naming) / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.