Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

‘american’ Breaks 22-yr Old Nigerian Record - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ‘american’ Breaks 22-yr Old Nigerian Record (426 Views)

Australian Police Python Photo Breaks The Internet / Rainfall Breaks Tall Tree In Gombe. Photos updated!! / Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘american’ Breaks 22-yr Old Nigerian Record by WomanWrappa(m): 1:19am On Jul 08, 2016
‘American’ breaks 22-yr old Nigerian record
After almost 22 years, the Nigerian record in the men 110m hurdles was erased by American-born Antione Hicks, who now competes for Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympic trials at the Blessing Okagbre Stadium Sapele, subject to ratification by the Athletic Federation of Nigeria, AFN. Hicks ran 13.27 seconds to break William Erese’s 1995 13.34 seconds. Hicks, a long standing athletics wannabe in the USA, also met the Olympic standard set by the AFN, but he acknowleged that the time he returned is like a speck of dust in the desert compared to the world leading time. He vowed to make more improvement. “It was a good start for me. But I know that I would have to improve on that time if I want to make any impact at the Olympics,” said the athlete. AFN technical director, Navy Commodore Omasteye Nesiama hinted that more of the long standing records will be broken in due course. The women 100m was decided yesterday and Blessing Okagbare easily won the race. She coasted home to a season’s best of 11.02 seconds. Peace Uko was second with 11.37 seconds, while Gloria Asumnu was third with 11.38 seconds. The men’s race to be decided today will be a three horse race. And it will be a delight to see if the trio of Ogho-Oghene Egwero, Divine Oduduru and Seyi Ogunlewe could break the 10 seconds barrier. In the semi- finals, Egwero and Odururu returned 10.23seconds in their respective semi-final heat, while Ogunlewe, who won the 2015 edition, clocked 10.26 seconds.
cc lalasticlala Dominique http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/american-breaks-22-yr-old-nigerian-record/
Re: ‘american’ Breaks 22-yr Old Nigerian Record by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 08, 2016
*claps* smiley
Re: ‘american’ Breaks 22-yr Old Nigerian Record by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2016
1st to comment
Re: ‘american’ Breaks 22-yr Old Nigerian Record by AlPeter: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2016
The guy is no longer an american

(1) (Reply)

Words Of Motivation / I Reject Buhari’s One Nigeria;this One Nigeria Is A Fraud Not What We Fought For / How I Was Scammed #umehwrites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.