Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland (53242 Views)

My Cousin Killed This Puff Adder Today / Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat / Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by olsmade(m): 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mschew. I even thought it was the farm worker that is Puff Adder

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by ahnie: 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Is this snakes

Maybee its snakes
Butt he luke like snakes!
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Benblaq(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Suigeneris93:
I don't knoow who's mentoned mre on ths thread, lalasticlala or snake undecided
nw u want to look for trouble nw o
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Vendoor(f): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lalasticlala never disappoint cheesy
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by san316(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Na wa ooo. Snakes will migrate from nigeria considering the way they r being killed these days
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Click "like" if you think that the rate of killing snakes in Nigeria, would drive the animal into extinction by 2020 grin
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Mikehell(m): 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Trust Lalastica will not disappoint grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lalastica and snake ehhhhnnn *run out of thread* tongue
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Proxy001:
I think its called puff adder in English. bros if you really want to enjoy this particular breed the best way is to smoke it dry after garnishing with seasoning salt and pepper. it can also go well as proper soup sha but when left for too long it gets too soft. just invite me when you're done. Don't worry I will come along with fresh chilled palm wine ;DI
lalastic lala... you already know Wussup Na. no need reminding you of your favourite
Guy you don chop snake till your brain format. Lol
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Fynestboi: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
ladyF:
Ewooo shocked

[size=15pt]Fynestboi[/size] come and see big snake. grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by AngelAhnie(f): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
sewizzy:
This was killed this morning while working on a farmland, a friend of mine almost stepped on it, thankGod he didn't cuz I heard who ever did that wld av his or her leg swollen the following day especially this particular snake. There are myths surrounding this snake, one is that it's only active in the night not during the day, It's called "labule" in my own language.
Wow! the thing is really fat.

Severusnape come see another beautiful creature. Though its not beautiful to me.tongue

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by prinsam30: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
very soon some people go come dey make comments like...

why the OP go kill this innocent animal....

why the OP no catch am go put for zoo....

must u eat everything you kill.....

Some people childishness no be for this life

OP abeg go enjoy ur meal jare, I wish say I sabi where u at I for come join u, see meat abeg

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Kelly2713(m): 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
izuch:
Sure FP material!
That's a puff adder, a highly nocturnal venomous ambush snake that occurs mostly in Africa. It's one of the most " stepped on snake because of it's camouflage. the venom though slow attacks the nervous system which makes you feel little or no pain while dieing. The part of the country where I'm from, it's seen as a sumptuous delicacy meant for only elders and red cap chiefs grin
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
i knew this would make FP. lalasticlala na ur food be this.
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by 19naia(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Its a Gaboon Viper and one of the too snakes to never get bitten by, it would be a horrible death.

Gaboon Viper is the only one with the light colored rectangles running along the length of the spine.

Puff adder is a similar snake but not as hefty and with a different body color pattern.

The photos show pictures of puff adders in the top photo and Gaboon Vipers in the bottom. (I also added photo of a turtle and muskrat i saw when riding bicycle the 0n the r0ad by the lake grin)
OP's snake fits the description of Gaboon viper very well and its more interesting than a puff adder.

Nigeria was found to have the highest density of snakes on earth and it's no surprise that Nairaland has the highest rate of snake encounter stories.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by idesylvester(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
This one wey dem done dey kill all d snakes,which one Nigerian scientist go use for xperiment for Nat Geo wild
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by dosantos: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
The venoum is at d head,warning no cure to it wen u step on d venoum located at d head.gud food anyway.
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Atoos(m): 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lalasticlala right now....

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by millionaireman: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=sewizzy post=47326274][/quote]

In what lga of Nigeria was the snake killed?

That looks like a harmless python, anyway.

The area it was killed may give a clue regarding what specie of snake killed.
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by hotspec(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
snake news and nairaland FP, like garri and kulikuli
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by sewizzy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=Ptoocool post=47336763]Chai, see better meat

Meanwhile, OP, get ready, wear your crash helmet cos some people are coming for ur head

"OP, u're 'weekend' oo"

"why did you kill dat 'beautiful' creature?"

"you should have let it bite you now"

"you should hv taken that to a zoo now"[/so you want the snake to bite your fellow nairalander, I bet lalasticlala won't forgive you.]
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by guywitzerogal(m): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wat s ds 1 called

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by yakubuadeiza(m): 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
Chai!!!!!!!

See meat ooo......

Palmwine go just dey push go down wella....
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
There are some other cool and educative threads on different sections but anything titled snake makes it to FP. sad

Some savages are here shouting see meat. Una left yansh dia.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by uwajeh(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Haba bros why na, this is obviously a Gaboon Viper and not a Puff Adder!
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by fippycbk(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
No be "aju ala" be that?
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Opiletool(m): 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Gaboon viper, not puff adder
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by stchinedu: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
adepiero:
FP and snakes are like siamese
grin grin grin
As in...
Na true you talk

Òóto ni

Obu eziokwu

Gaskiya ne

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Proxy001(m): 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
Guy you don chop snake till your brain format. Lol
bross I dey tells you.
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by Omonigeriarere: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
sewizzy:
This was killed this morning while working on a farmland, a friend of mine almost stepped on it, thankGod he didn't cuz I heard who ever did that wld av his or her leg swollen the following day especially this particular snake. There are myths surrounding this snake, one is that it's only active in the night not during the day, It's called "labule" in my own language.

"...thankGod he didn't cuz I heard who ever did that wld av his or her leg swollen the following day especially this particular snake."

Even if your friend steps on the snake, this snake will do him no harm. The exception is when the tip of its tale is touched which cannot possible because this snake would insert the tips of its tale deep inside soil wherever it is found.

Congratulations bro: please send mine own share ooo...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by kowalsky: 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
izuch:
Sure FP material!
That's a puff adder, a highly nocturnal venomous ambush snake that occurs mostly in Africa. It's one of the most " stepped on snake because of it's camouflage. the venom though slow attacks the nervous system which makes you feel little or no pain while dieing. The part of the country where I'm from, it's seen as a sumptuous delicacy meant for only elders and red cap chiefs grin

puff adders are more heamotoxic than neurotoxic.
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by frisky2good(m): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
See as dem spoil the meat. When killing a snake, only target the head so that you will not destroy it.
Re: Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland by oladipo322(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
it seems it snake season, today snake tomorrow snake. God help oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Python Killed A Big Sheep In Aba, Caught By A Friend (Photos) / What Are Your Goals in Life? / HIV+ Husband And Wife Advert In Port-Harcourt I Saw Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.