Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Can Morality Exist Without Religion? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Morality Exist Without Religion? (4878 Views)

Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God / Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? / Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by dalaman: 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

All you just said is just a dance in a hoola hoop. If you say morality is subjective what happens when you take God out of the equation same way you Atheists are doing and you have absolutely free anything goes morals and you remove laws. Will you say that homosexuality or beastiality is right? And that we would still be better than animals?

I ask this because the last time I checked you Atheists claimed we evolved from Apes but how come even apes do not practice homosexuality but humans do?

If you want to make arguments make sure you know what you are talking about before you begin dishing out false information. Scientist not atheist say that humans evolved from.hominid apes. There are more theist that believe in evolution than atheist. The Catholic Church believes in evolution for example. Most ape like animals like monkeys and chimps practice homosexuality. Gets your facts right. Even with God in the question you have failed to show us how morality is objective. Which moral system as advertised by the theist should we adopt? Is it sharia? Why or why not?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by 4evergod2: 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
dalaman:

If you want to make arguments make sure you know what you are talking about before you begin dishing out false information. Scientist not atheist say that humans evolved from.hominid apes. There are more theist that believe in evolution than atheist. The Catholic Church believes in evolution for example. Most ape like animals like monkeys and chimps practice homosexuality. Gets your facts right. Even with God in the question you have failed to show us how morality is objective. Which moral system as advertised by the theist should we adopt? Is it sharia? Why or why not?

Nobody forced you to respond to my post but if you must get your head together and your education and facts straight before you do.

The only Ape specie that engages in honosexuality is the bonobo or pygmy chimpanzee so did man come from thd bonobo since some crave homosexuality.

Oh I forgot Atheists do not believe in science and science talks about the big bang and evolution and the same Atheists do not believe in Creation.

So for the Atheist how did they come to be? Did they just magically appear? I ask this because u are not pro science and not pro creation.

But wait I headd you arguing your "GOD DOES NOT EXIST" Theory and your " GOD IS NOT THE AUTHUR OF MORALS" Theory using the same Scientific research you claim not to believe in.

So which are you? Confused? Delusional? Unstable? Or just BLANK.
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by dalaman: 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

Nobody forced you to respond to my post but if you must get your head together and your education and facts straight before you do.

The only Ape specie that engages in honosexuality is the bonobo or pygmy chimpanzee so did man come from thd bonobo since some crave homosexuality.

Oh I forgot Atheists do not believe in science and science talks about the big bang and evolution and the same Atheists do not believe in Creation.

So for the Atheist how did they come to be? Did they just magically appear? I ask this because u are not pro science and not pro creation.

But wait I headd you arguing your "GOD DOES NOT EXIST" Theory and your " GOD IS NOT THE AUTHUR OF MORALS" Theory using the same Scientific research you claim not to believe in.

So which are you? Confused? Delusional? Unstable? Or just BLANK.

I repeat get your facts right. Homosexuality exist in gorillas, golden monkeys, orangutan and chimps. It is not true that only bonbons practice it. Homosexuality exist in almost all.mammalian species. Google is your friend. As for evolution the fact is that more theist believe in it than atheist. Some of the highest proponents of evolution are theist. The postulation that humans evolved from hominid apes is a scientific postulation and not an atheistic one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by 4evergod2: 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
dalaman:

I repeat get your facts right. Homosexuality exist in gorillas, golden monkeys, orangutan and chimps. It is not true that only bonbons practice it. Homosexuality exist in almost all.mammalian species. Google is your friend. As for evolution the fact is that more theist believe in it than atheist. Some of the highest proponents of evolution are theist. The postulation that humans evolved from hominid apes is a scientific postulation and not an atheistic one.

If it is not an Atheistic belief then which is your belief?
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by dalaman: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

If it is not an Atheistic belief then which is your belief?

It is not an atheistic postulation period. Evolution is a scientific theory and not an atheistic theory. There are more theist that believe in evolution than atheist. The Catholic Church including the pope supports evolution and says that the creation narrative in the bible is only symbolic. Both theist and atheist accept evolution. It is a scientific theory and has nothing to do with atheism or theism.

1 Like

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by 4evergod2: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
dalaman:

It is not an atheistic postulation period. Evolution is a scientific theory and not an atheistic theory. There are more theist that believe in evolution than atheist. The Catholic Church including the pope supports evolution and says that the creation narrative in the bible is only symbolic. Both theist and atheist accept evolution. It is a scientific theory and has nothing to do with atheism or theism.

You are a proud Atheist yes? And you stand tall to say Atheists do not believe in the science of evolution neither do they believe in Biblical creation.

Dont dodge this question again as u enjoy doing.

WHAT DO ATHEISTS BELIEVE AS THE ORIGIN OF MAN?
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by dalaman: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

You are a proud Atheist yes? And you stand tall to say Atheists do not believe in the science of evolution neither do they believe in Biblical creation.

Dont dodge this question again as u enjoy doing.

WHAT DO ATHEISTS BELIEVE AS THE ORIGIN OF MAN?

Some atheist accept the theory of evolution and some don't. I personally do not know and I am always ready to admit it. It is not a position of evolution or creationism. There is the I don't know category and some of us fall into it. There is no absolute evidence to show that evolution is true and as such I do not accept it. Creationism has no evidence at all to support it only claims and words of mouth. So I personally belong to the I do not know crowd based on lack of evidence for both creationism and evolution.

1 Like

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by 4evergod2: 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
dalaman:

Some atheist accept the theory of evolution and some don't. I personally do not know and I am always ready to admit it. It is not a position of evolution or creationism. There is the I don't know category and some of us fall into it. There is no absolute evidence to show that evolution is true and as such I do not accept it. Creationism has no evidence at all to support it only claims and words of mouth. So I personally belong to the I do not know crowd based on lack of evidence for both creationism and evolution.

So am I right to infer that you are confused or Blank?

Do you have any laid down plan to find out or you have someone you are absolutely sure can give you answers?

Or you are just floating. Pray tell.
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by dalaman: 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

So am I right to infer that you are confused or Blank?

Do you have any laid down plan to find out or you have someone you are absolutely sure can give you answers?

Or you are just floating. Pray tell.

I am not confused. Admitting that you don't know something is not the same as being confused. Do you have any irrefutable evidence to show that the God of the bible created the universe? Is there any irrefutable evidence to show that everything evolved from single cells? There is no such evidence anywhere. So I do not know is the most honest position for me.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by 4evergod2: 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
dalaman:

I am not confused. Admitting that you don't know something is not the same as being confused. Do you have any irrefutable evidence to show that the God of the bible created the universe? Is there any irrefutable evidence to show that everything evolved from single cells? There is no such evidence anywhere. So I do not know is the most honest position for me.

Herein ls your confusion. You say you do not know yet you argue and try to refute even what you do not know instead of craving to know.

So its safe to say you are in a quagmire that you do not have a clue how to come out of it.
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by dalaman: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

Herein ls your confusion. You say you do not know yet you argue and try to refute even what you do not know instead of craving to know.

So its safe to say you are in a quagmire that you do not have a clue how to come out of it.

I may not know what 24361*5262262 is but I know for sure that it can never be 20. How do you that your own version of God created the earth? What irrefutable evidence do you have to provide?
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by 4evergod2: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
dalaman:

I may not know what 24361*5262262 is but I know for sure that it can never be 20. How do you that your own version of God created the earth? What irrefutable evidence do you have to provide?

Again I tell you my position is not to prove anything to you but to trigger your thought process so you can find out for yourself if you really desire it.
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

Again I tell you my position is not to prove anything to you but to trigger your thought process so you can find out for yourself if you really desire it.

And HIS POSITION is that he doesn't know

Deal wid it

Its not by force for him to know or pick a side

A evolution

B creationism

Who knows if he's having his own research and may end up with something totally different?

C his own theory

Most of you just pick one and defend it

What stops YOUR OWN thought process from triggering and researching rather than swallowing the fallible book of fables (BuyBull) hook, line and sinker?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by malvisguy212: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
4evergod2:

All you just said is just a dance in a hoola hoop. If you say morality is subjective what happens when you take God out of the equation same way you Atheists are doing and you have absolutely free anything goes morals and you remove laws. Will you say that homosexuality or beastiality is right? And that we would still be better than animals?

I ask this because the last time I checked you Atheists claimed we evolved from Apes but how come even apes do not practice homosexuality but humans do?
see bro, people you are arguing with ,they left reason long time ago, they will not reason the way you do, they are being manipulated by satan. Tell me, why do we objectively say the holocaust is evil if morality is subjective ? If morality is subjective then the holocaust is good for the nazi German who believe it is.
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by johnydon22(m): 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
dalaman:

I read the argument and i must say engaging one who spews ignorance with so much confidence and arrogance is utterly useless

-evolution is an atheistic theory
- other primates don't practise homosexuality.

You shouldn't have bothered cus it doesn't matter what you teach people, in the end it falls down if they really want to learn.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
johnydon22:
Nope, nothing stops them from being a collective billion, 1 doesn't make any less an assumption than many.

which still doesn't take a conventional image here.
True
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by kilo4sure: 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
The issue is if you lived in the time of the Nazis and Hitler, and you were a German, how would you convince the Nazis that they are being immoral or wrong? Afterall they were not wrong from their point of view. If they had succeeded, it would have been beneficial to your country and this is rational. If you quote golden rule to them, they would ask, what makes the golden rule meaningful to me at the expense of my happiness? This isn't rational. How would you as an Egyptian in those days convince your fellow country men that using slaves to build the pyramids or the city was wrong?I have seen atheists condemn bestiality and then appeal to conscience and nature, but this would be meaningless to another atheist who doesn't see any meaning in nature or conscience itself, since they seem useless anyway and define no ultimate purpose. Atheists can be very moral people, yes! But if we take atheism to its logical conclusion, nothing really matters in the end, it all boils down to personal preferences.
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 1:03am On Aug 07, 2016
wink
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by Weah96: 2:36am On Aug 07, 2016
4evergod2:

So what made you feel todays life is better than the jungle ways? Why do we even Care? Why why why? Why not remain in our original state and see nothing wrong with it but are able to tell right from wrong and with what standard?

Because there are other human beings Besides yourself. The minute an adult male meets another adult male who can CLEARLY kick his arse, the former acknowledges the opinions of the latter.

Same thing with Christianity. They're mostly atheists who value the opinions of OTHER humans. You're welcome not to care about r8ping children in your head, but your survival instincts will prevent you from touching Mike Tyson's under age daughter.

Why do we care? Because we don't want to get our asses kicked by other human beings.

1 Like

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by Weah96: 2:48am On Aug 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
see bro, people you are arguing with ,they left reason long time ago, they will not reason the way you do, they are being manipulated by satan. Tell me, why do we objectively say the holocaust is evil if morality is subjective ? If morality is subjective then the holocaust is good for the nazi German who believe it is.

People call the Holocaust evil for DIFFERENT reasons. Some people call it a GOOD THING.

The bible god killed innocent newborn children of a whole country for the offenses of one GEJ, abi, pharaoh.

Hitler felt disrespected by hundreds of Jewish bankers. So he killed millions for their offenses.

Bring out your calculator. The conversion is the same. 1 BAD Pharoah for thousands of newborns is the same as 6 million Jews for 800 BAD Jewish bankers.

1 Like

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 10:18am On Aug 07, 2016
Weah96:

People call the Holocaust evil for DIFFERENT reasons. Some people call it a GOOD THING.

The bible god killed innocent newborn children of a whole country for the offenses of one GEJ, abi, pharaoh.

Hitler felt disrespected by hundreds of Jewish bankers. So he killed millions for their offenses.

Bring out your calculator. The conversion is the same. 1 BAD Pharoah for thousands of newborns is the same as 6 million Jews for 800 BAD Jewish bankers.

Hehehehehehehehe
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2016
Weah96:

Because there are other human beings Besides yourself. The minute an adult male meets another adult male who can CLEARLY kick his arse, the former acknowledges the opinions of the latter.
Same thing with Christianity. They're mostly atheists who value the opinions of OTHER humans. You're welcome not to care about r8ping children in your head, but your survival instincts will prevent you from touching Mike Tyson's under age daughter.
Why do we care? Because we don't want to get our asses kicked by other human beings.

Interesting
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Interesting
grin
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
hmm
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by urahara(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
Richirich713:

Not in the definition given, only this being can be the ultimate, their cannot be others. To be honest I don't think it's necessary to be even arguing about this, since we drifting into the onto... argument instead of the moral argument. And the first question is whether or not objective morality exists.
If yes then only then question of God comes in.

Johnny don, notice haw this guy keeps on giving this god construct the kind of attributes , he feels the god should have
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
urahara:

Johnny don, notice haw this guy keeps on giving this god construct the kind of attributes , he feels the god should have

isn't it hilarious?
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
urahara:

Johnnydon22, notice haw this guy keeps on giving this god construct the kind of attributes , he feels the god should have

isn't it hilarious?

1 Like

Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by urahara(m): 12:12am On Oct 10, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

isn't it hilarious?

It is o , oga landlord cheesy
Re: Can Morality Exist Without Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
^^
lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) / Did Enoch and Elijah Really Go To Heaven Without Dying? / Demon Eater: My Demonic Astral Adventure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.