Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? (4136 Views)

God Doesn't Exist Because Anything That Exist Must Have A Creator / Is A Creator A Logical Conclusion? / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 20, 2016
I have since distanced myself from every religious God and I believe that things goes in cycle just like nature. I just got this question, could the universe possibly exist without a creator?
When I answered no to myself another question came up, who is the creator of the creator? And the creator of the creator must have a creator who have a creator.
Any explanation?

Cc: Lennycool , jonbellion , Seun , hopefulLandlord , otemanuduno
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by RoyalBlak007: 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
this is the kinda thread
Seun likes grin
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

this is the kinda thread
Seun likes grin

I really need explanation
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by edogho(m): 12:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
You can't possibly be inside a box n know what's outside the box. Leave your body first n find out....

You said it yourself, everything in nature goes in circles- our lives included.
Ye are nature, Ye are Gods, Nature is God.
No explanation, lols,

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
The thing about humans is that we tend to excogitate ideas about our world, through our perception of it. And this is also what's at the root of religious beliefs. We tend to ascribe agency to our environment. We think, that since this is how it is in our world, then this must have been how it happened.

Humans evolved consciousness to the level of understanding our environment and aiding our survival. I don't think we have evolved the cognitive capacity to understand something outside of our environment. I don't think we possess the understanding and level of consciousness to comprehend whatever it was that engineered the creation of our universe and the other million universes that exist. It's simply beyond our scope of reasoning and understanding. Maybe in a million years to come we would, but given our level of consciousness and scientific knowledge, we possibly can't in our generation.

That's why I laugh when I see people make claims about the creator of the universe and attribute humanly traits to it, like father and son, and even claim that he demands their worship, speaks to them, answers their prayers, watches them when they are alone, stalks their everyday movements and activities, loves them unconditionally, punishes them when they break moral principles that were obviously humanly constructed, wants a personal relationship with them, and would punish those who don't believe in him in hell for all eternity. Not only does this represent a severe case of delusion and intellectual vacuousness, it also represents how self conceited humans are.

I think questions like this indicate a huge gap in our knowledge and understanding about our world, especially given the fact that we are anthropomorphic species that love to seek patterns in our environment. But the truth is that we simply don't have answers to this question of whether the universe has a creator or not, and what the nature of the creator is. However, a serious problem arises when we decide to fill up these holes in our knowledge with delusions and concoctions, or religious beliefs, like we all commonly refer to them as.

Doesn't it baffle anyone that the most subscribed knowledge we have about the origin of our world and it's supposed creator was presented by desert dwelling folks who lived 4000 years ago? Doesn't anyone find this unsettling? I mean, even if anyone was to propose a widely accepted and well subscribed explanation of the true nature of our world and it's creator, even if it's strewn with lies, at least let it be people from the 20th century and beyond. At least these people would be less ignorant and more morally sound.

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by jonbellion(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
The thing about humans is that we tend to excogitate ideas about our world, through our perception of it. And this is also what's at the root of religious beliefs. We tend to ascribe agency to our environment. We think, that since this is how it is in our world, then this must have been how it happened.

Humans evolved consciousness to the level of understanding our environment and aiding our survival. I don't think we have evolved the cognitive capacity to understand something outside of our environment. I don't think we possess the understanding and level of consciousness to comprehend whatever it was that engineered the creation of our universe and the other million universes that exist. It's simply beyond our scope of reasoning and understanding. Maybe in a millions of years to come, we would, but given our level of consciousness we can't in our lifetime.

That's why I laugh when I see people make claims about the creator of the universe and attribute humanly traits to it, like father and son, and even claim that he demands their worship, speaks to them, answers their prayers, watches them when they are alone, stalks their everyday movements and activities, loves them unconditionally, punishes them when they break moral principles that were obviously a product of human construction, wants a personal relationship with them, and would punish those who don't believe in him in hell for all eternity. Not only does this represent a severe case of delusion and intellectual vacuousness, it also represents how self conceited humans can be.

I think questions like this are a huge gap in our knowledge and understanding about our world, especially given the fact that we are anthropomorphic species that love to seek patterns in our environment. But the truth is that we simply don't have answers to this question of whether the universe has a creator or not. But a serious problem arises when we decide to fill up these holes in our knowledge, with delusions and concoctions, or religious beliefs, like we all commonly refer to them as.

I mean, doesn't it baffle anyone that the understanding we have about our world was presented by desert dwelling who lived 4000 years ago? Doesn't anyone find this unsettling? I mean, even if anyone was to propose a valid explanation of the true nature of our world and it's creator, even if it's strewn with lies, at least let it be people from the 20th century and beyond. At least these people would be less ignorant and more morally sound.
lol they made thier God
Omininpotemt
Omnipresent
Omimiscient
Ominibenevolent
Sooo lemme get this straight
They have an all powerful god that is all knowing and is everywhere all at once and he is extremely kind and has a personal relationship with them and answers thier prayers like a genie at their beck and call undecided
Woooow
RIP Logic
Christianity: Murders logic in cold blood

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by tunene66: 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Humans evolved consciousness to the level of understanding our environment and aiding our survival. I don't think we have evolved the cognitive capacity to understand something outside of our environment. I don't think we possess the understanding and level of consciousness to comprehend whatever it was that engineered the creation of our universe and the other million universes that exist. It's simply beyond our scope of reasoning and understanding. Maybe in a millions of years to come, we would, but given our level of consciousness we can't in our lifetime.

That's why I laugh when I see people make claims about the creator of the universe and attribute humanly traits to it, like father and son, and even claim that he demands their worship, speaks to them, answers their prayers, watches them when they are alone, stalks their everyday movements and activities, loves them unconditionally, punishes them when they break moral principles that were obviously a product of human construction, wants a personal relationship with them, and would punish those who don't believe in him in hell for all eternity. Not only does this represent a severe case of delusion and intellectual vacuousness, it also represents how self conceited humans can be.

I think questions like this are a huge gap in our knowledge and understanding about our world, especially given the fact that we are anthropomorphic species that love to seek patterns in our environment. But the truth is that we simply don't have answers to this question of whether the universe has a creator or not. But a serious problem arises when we decide to fill up these holes in our knowledge, with delusions and concoctions, or religious beliefs, like we all commonly refer to them as.

I mean, doesn't it baffle anyone that the understanding we have about our world was presented by desert dwelling folks who lived 4000 years ago? Doesn't anyone find this unsettling? I mean, even if anyone was to propose a valid explanation of the true nature of our world and it's creator, even if it's strewn with lies, at least let it be people from the 20th century and beyond. At least these people would be less ignorant and more morally sound.

I always am amused by those who question things on the premise of not understanding what such is.

It is glaring that by our present composition there is a limit to what we know n what we understand.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by peacesamuel94(m): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
When you discover who the creator is, then there will be no need looking for who created Him, because He initiated creation...... until He created, there was no creation.

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
peacesamuel94:
When you discover who the creator is, then there will be no need looking for who created Him, because He initiated creation...... until He created, there was no creation.

Have you discovered who this creator is?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
jonbellion:
lol they made thier God
Omininpotemt
Omnipresent
Omimiscient
Ominibenevolent
Sooo lemme get this straight
They have an all powerful god that is all knowing and is everywhere all at once and he is extremely kind and has a personal relationship with them and answers thier prayers like a genie at their beck and call undecided
Woooow
RIP Logic
Christianity: Murders logic in cold blood

Isn't the predicament of humanity so piteous? We were so alone and scared, and we couldn't deal with the whole existential angst, that we had to invent a father that loves and cares about us. How sad.

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Humans evolved consciousness to the level of understanding our environment and aiding our survival. I don't think we have evolved the cognitive capacity to understand something outside of our environment. I don't think we possess the understanding and level of consciousness to comprehend whatever it was that engineered the creation of our universe and the other million universes that exist. It's simply beyond our scope of reasoning and understanding. Maybe in a millions years to come, we would, but given our level of consciousness and scientific knowledge, we can't in our generation.

That's why I laugh when I see people make claims about the creator of the universe and attribute humanly traits to it, like father and son, and even claim that he demands their worship, speaks to them, answers their prayers, watches them when they are alone, stalks their everyday movements and activities, loves them unconditionally, punishes them when they break moral principles that were obviously humanly constructed, wants a personal relationship with them, and would punish those who don't believe in him in hell for all eternity. Not only does this represent a severe case of delusion and intellectual vacuousness, it also represents how self conceited humans are.

I think questions like this represents a huge gap in our knowledge and understanding about our world, especially given the fact that we are anthropomorphic species that love to seek patterns in our environment. But the truth is that we simply don't have answers to this question of whether the universe has a creator or not, and what the nature of the creator is. However, a serious problem arises when we decide to fill up these holes in our knowledge, with delusions and concoctions, or religious beliefs, like we all commonly refer to them as.

I mean, doesn't it baffle anyone that the understanding we have about our world was presented by desert dwelling folks who lived 4000 years ago? Doesn't anyone find this unsettling? I mean, even if anyone was to propose a valid explanation of the true nature of our world and it's creator, even if it's strewn with lies, at least let it be people from the 20th century and beyond. At least these people would be less ignorant and more morally sound.
I love your reply sir, thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Lucasiangrey: 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
edogho:
You can't possibly be inside a box n know what's outside the box. Leave your body first n find out....

You said it yourself, everything in nature goes in circles- our lives included.
Ye are nature, Ye are Gods, Nature is God.
No explanation, lols,
only if you have been outside the box,then will you know the box even exist.you know you are inside a box!,you knew that because you have been on the outside.therefore you are a god and the same time man!.or you just speculated?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

I love your reply sir, thank you very much.

You are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by kingkaspa: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Humans evolved consciousness to the level of understanding our environment and aiding our survival. I don't think we have evolved the cognitive capacity to understand something outside of our environment. I don't think we possess the understanding and level of consciousness to comprehend whatever it was that engineered the creation of our universe and the other million universes that exist. It's simply beyond our scope of reasoning and understanding. Maybe in a million years to come we would, but given our level of consciousness and scientific knowledge, we possibly can't in our generation.

I think questions like this represents a huge gap in our knowledge and understanding about our world, especially given the fact that we are anthropomorphic species that love to seek patterns in our environment. But the truth is that we simply don't have answers to this question of whether the universe has a creator or not, and what the nature of the creator is. However, a serious problem arises when we decide to fill up these holes in our knowledge, with delusions and concoctions, or religious beliefs, like we all commonly refer to them as.

You make sense too much.

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by HCpaul(m): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Kudos to you bro

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by HCpaul(m): 2:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Sometimes, I just consider it greed when I see a Christian trying to make a personal relationship with a god (the said Creator) or probably the filthy invention of a personal god.

That alone makes me to ascertain a difference between a god and an intelligent designer.

Sane personalities across the globe are only arguing and skeptical about the existence of an intelligent designer and not necessarily a god.

If an intelligent designer exist then it is definitely not your god because the god of any religion ain't meet the standard of an intelligent designer.

We've tested the rational state of your imaginary god and have come to realize that he ain't qualified.

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by LiberaDeus: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
Depends on what you describe as a creator.

If you mean an inanimate powerful particle responsible for the expansion of time and space, then no the universe can't exist without a cause.

Before the beginning of time and space there must have been some existence in the form of powerful subatomic particles. It's possible that their interactions caused the expansion of time and space what we know as the big bang.

If you mean a personal, intelligent, human like creator then the answer is yes. The universe can exist without that cause.

All the classical laws of physics and quantum mechanics can predict stellar motion and modern astronomy. Everything in the universe looks like its patterned after the aftermath of an explosion. There is no intelligent pattern in the universe. If we use earth as an example then we forget that earth is just one planet in one solar system out of possibly trillions of solar systems. There are habitable planets that have been discovered but not explored. Earth is in a habitable zone of our star and there are many planets in such zones scattered around the universe.

The most complex thing in the universe is DNA. That's where the biggest mystery of life lies.

3 Likes

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by donnffd(m): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
LiberaDeus:

The most complex thing in the universe is DNA. That's where the biggest mystery of life lies.

You cant make claims of what is the most complex thing in the universe when you are limited to a very tiny fraction of it, you dont know whats out there!

If you said DNA is the most complex thing in the universe known to man, it would be a more valid statement in which i would still disagree with, i would say the human brain is the most complex object in the universe known to man.

3 Likes

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by UyiIredi(m): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
The universe can't possibly exist without a Creator God and no, it's foolish to insist that such a God requires a Creator. God is an uncaused cause by definition.

2 Likes

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by LiberaDeus: 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
donnffd:

You cant make claims of what is the most complex thing in the universe when you are limited to a very tiny fraction of it, you dont know whats out there!

If you said DNA is the most complex thing in the universe known to man, it would be a more valid statement in which i would still disagree with, i would say the human brain is the most complex object in the universe known to man.

Yes I meant universe known to man. The existence of design in animals is the backbone of a belief in god.

But even if we find more complex creatures in distant planets it only throws the gaping question back again which is ' was there intelligence behind some of it '
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
Upon all the talk talk talk,

Only one person was able to answer the question straight.

"Can the universe exist without a creator?".

Stories everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by ifenes(m): 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Can imagination exist without a mind? A Universe is a product of the Mind. The creator and the Universe are one,OP

3 Likes

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:
I have since distanced myself from every religious God and I believe that things goes in cycle just like nature. I just got this question, could the universe possibly exist without a creator?
When I answered no to myself another question came up, who is the creator of the creator? And the creator of the creator must have a creator who have a creator.
Any explanation?

Cc: Lennycool , jonbellion , Seun , hopefulLandlord , otemanuduno

The answer to your question is No.

The universe cant exist without being created.

We were all created and fitted with a brain by a higher intelligence.

However, the brain has been programmed for the physical body to only function based on time, space and matter.
Thats why every question you can ever ask is based on one of those three.
The question birthed by your reasoning "who created the creator" is based on matter and also, time.

These two, time and matter are both human commodities. They were created also. So the Creator definitely is not bound by them.
He exists outside of them.

Thats why the bible figuratively says a thousand years is like a day in the eyes of God.
He is not bound by our time.

So, the creator needs no creator. He would need if he was bound by time and matter, but He is not bound by what he created.

To understand this better, I will suggest you study the topic "The Origin of Time"

That will give you some better light.

Shalom!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
LiberaDeus:
Depends on what you describe as a creator.

If you mean an inanimate powerful particle responsible for the expansion of time and space, then no the universe can't exist without a cause.

Before the beginning of time and space there must have been some existence in the form of powerful subatomic particles. It's possible that their interactions caused the expansion of time and space what we know as the big bang.

If you mean a personal, intelligent, human like creator then the answer is yes. The universe can exist without that cause.

All the classical laws of physics and quantum mechanics can predict stellar motion and modern astronomy. Everything in the universe looks like its patterned after the aftermath of an explosion. There is no intelligent pattern in the universe. If we use earth as an example then we forget that earth is just one planet in one solar system out of possibly trillions of solar systems. There are habitable planets that have been discovered but not explored. Earth is in a habitable zone of our star and there are many planets in such zones scattered around the universe.

Are you a deist ?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by jonbellion(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
We can't know yet if we were created or not
The second law of thermodynamics even disproves a fine tuned universe
Entropy in a closed system would increase over time
The universe is a closed system
Therefore it is more disordered than it was when it was young. The temperature is approaching absolute zero
I don't claim to know about a creator but that doesn't sound "designed"

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
ifenes:
Can imagination exist without a mind? A Universe is a product of the Mind. The creator and the Universe are one,OP
How did you know this?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

The answer to your question is No.

The universe cant exist without being created.

We were all created and fitted with a brain by a higher intelligence.

However, the brain has been programmed for the physical body to only function based on time, space and matter.
Thats why every question you can ever ask is based on one of those three.
The question birthed by your reasoning "who created the creator" is based on matter and also, time.

These two, time and matter are both human commodities. They were created also. So the Creator definitely is not bound by them.
He exists outside of them.

Thats why the bible figuratively says a thousand years is like a day in the eyes of God.
He is not bound by our time.

So, the creator needs no creator. He would need if he was bound by time and matter, but He is not bound by what he created.

To understand this better, I will suggest you study the topic "The Origin of Time"

That will give you some better light.

Shalom!

Do you know the creator to know what he is bounded to?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by rhektor(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I think questions like this indicate a huge gap in our knowledge and understanding about our world, especially given the fact that we are anthropomorphic species that love to seek patterns in our environment. But the truth is that we simply don't have answers to this question of whether the universe has a creator or not, and what the nature of the creator is. However, a serious problem arises when we decide to fill up these holes in our knowledge with delusions and concoctions, or religious beliefs, like we all commonly refer to them as.

Doesn't it baffle anyone that the most subscribed knowledge we have about the origin of our world and it's supposed creator was presented by desert dwelling folks who lived 4000 years ago? Doesn't anyone find this unsettling? I mean, even if anyone was to propose a widely accepted and well subscribed explanation of the true nature of our world and it's creator, even if it's strewn with lies, at least let it be people from the 20th century and beyond. At least these people would be less ignorant and more morally sound.

According to you only those in the 21st century has the right to claim there is a creator? Lol all these self acclaimed wise men
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
jonbellion:
We can't know yet if we were created or not
The second law of thermodynamics even disproves a fine tuned universe
Entropy in a closed system would increase over time
The universe is a closed system
Therefore it is more disordered than it was when it was young. The temperature is approaching absolute zero
I don't claim to know about a creator but that doesn't sound "designed"
Thanks sir
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

Do you know the creator to know what he is bounded to?
Yes.
He is bounded to His Word.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

Yes.
He is bounded to His Word.
Who is he and what are his words?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

Who is he and what are his words?

Again, you ask "who" and "what" which are both indicators of matter and if u read through my first post, I clearly said God is not bound by time, space nor matter. And as such, those three are not sufficient to explain Him.

So I can only but attempt to answer.
As for "who?"He has been called by different names in times past and has revealed Himself in different forms to different generations.

As for "who is His Word?" His Word is that which Came from Him and was Powerful enough to assemble this entity of time, space and matter which you and I call the universe.

As I said, these are limited explanations, because I myself as regards my flesh, is bound by time, space and matter.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Made Me Small, Surgery Made Me Tall, / Did John The Beloved Ever Taste Of Death? / WAS/IS Muhammed The Al-ruh Al-quddus (holy Spirit) Or A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.