Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) (56023 Views)

Girl With Natural Blue Eyes In Nasarawa (Photos) / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) / Have You Tried Hair Wonder Natural hair oil on Your Hair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
Chrisrare:
See dis agbaya. I've seen ur pix b4, d stretchmarks was an eye-sore. I just hope u r doing something about it.
Eayah,i don use cream naw,e don go.U wanna see? grin#iamfresherdanu!
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
LilNetty:
ireneony....M havin some little ish with my hair.. it's not that back ND long.. Which cream can u recommend for me??
is ur hair natural or relaxed.

1. Trim ur ends
2. Condition ur hair: i like going for the cheap product..lol
(I use optimum care conditioner)
3. No to excessive heat.

I will get get back at you tommorrow.
This is it for now.

The product below is just 300#

1 Like

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 10:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
pennytration:
Ur hypocrisy no be here o. U r screaming natural hair but u r bleaching ur skin.
how do you know i bleach my skin?

Hypocrisy should be redirected at you!

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Chrisrare: 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
prettythicksme:
Eayah,i don use cream naw,e don go.U wanna see? grin#iamfresherdanu!
Lwkmd.. Post ur pix make we see na or continue deceiving urself.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
Chrisrare:
Lwkmd.. Post ur pix make we see na or continue deceiving urself.
Ok check dear
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by LilNetty(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
ireneony:
is ur hair natural or relaxed.

1. Trim ur ends
2. Condition ur hair: i like going for the cheap product..lol
(I use optimum care conditioner)
3. No to excessive heat.

I will get get back at you tommorrow.
This is it for now.

The product below is just 300#
Thanks for the response... My hair is natural....Can a Male use the Cream in the Picture below Because I will like to use it for my lil Bro too... Awaiting your response
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
LilNetty:
Thanks for the response... My hair is natural....Can a Male use the Cream in the Picture below Because I will like to use it for my lil Bro too... Awaiting your response
yes of course
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Moji12(f): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
Team natural kiss
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Hadeehart101(f): 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Natural hair is such a pain in the ass. But the outcome is usually worth it. Proudly #naturalhairbabe
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by pennytration(m): 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
ireneony:
how do you know i bleach my skin?

Hypocrisy should be redirected at you!
Ur skin look so artificial, like a white toy. Even sheamus no white like this.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by alizma: 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
ireneony:
This thread is to create awaereness for those who wants to go natural or transitioning.

In this thread we are going to share ideas on how to manage our hair.

I did my big chop February this year.
It has not been easy. Being natural is not an easy task.
I'm still trying my best to know more about natural hair.

What most black women don't know is, what works for another person might not work for you. Yes! I do watch youtube channel. The truth is whenever i try to manipulate my hair the way i watch it on youtube, i end up causing more damages to my hair.

These points am about to give out are based on my hair journey, which wasn't even serious..lol.

1.constant combing of hair: combing your hair always is a no! no!. The black hair as many of us call it afro hair like to left alone. It's advisable when you comb your hair, pls do it with a wide tooth comb. #stay away from those combs that have damaged edges(which makes it easy to strip the hair.

2.everyday conditioning: when you condition your hair, it makes it easy to manage

3.Shampoos: it's not advisable to shampoo (afro/kinky) hair constantly. constant shampooing may result in dryness of hair.do it once in two weeks.

4. Leave in conditioner: this is another good way to manage your hair.

5. Twist out: this serve as a protective style. This also save you a lot of time, so, you dont have to worry about getting your hair wet everyday.

6. Massaging the scalp of your hair:massaging the scalp of your hair with a good hair treatment also helps to grow an healthy hair.

7. Protective styling: this is another great way to manage your hair. Braids/weaves serve as protective style.

8.Tight braids/weaves: if you want to have an healthy hair, it is always advisable to avoid tight/weaves. Cos you may end up doing more damage to your hair. Always inform your hair stylist to go easy on your hair.

Note: these are based on my hair journey:

it looks great on you, my babe I'd currently rocking her natural hair just in your style. though her parents don't see it as being ok, but I love it and they are gradually accepting that.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Fadedjeans: 11:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
teejaypee:

these compliments!
Only you cheesy
But where is the picture sad sad sad

cheesy cheesy. I took the picture down.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Annie2059: 11:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
Thinking of when to transit, ain't easy
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by piagetskinner(m): 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
Abeg this ur thread contradicts the hair I'm seeing...u have a fine face tho...but the hair..the hair

Is UG Lee
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Chommieblaq(f): 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
ireneony:
This thread is to create awaereness for those who wants to go natural or transitioning.

What most black women don't know is, what works for another person might not work for you. Yes! I do watch youtube channel. The truth is whenever i try to manipulate my hair the way i watch it on youtube, i end up causing more damages to my hair.

These points am about to give out are based on my hair journey, which wasn't even serious..lol.

1.constant combing of hair: combing your hair always is a no! no!. The black hair as many of us call it afro hair like to left alone. It's advisable when you comb your hair, pls do it with a wide tooth comb. #stay away from those combs that have damaged edges(which makes it easy to strip the hair.

2.everyday conditioning: when you condition your hair, it makes it easy to manage

3.Shampoos: it's not advisable to shampoo (afro/kinky) hair constantly. constant shampooing may result in dryness of hair.do it once in two weeks.

4. Leave in conditioner: this is another good way to manage your hair.

5. Twist out: this serve as a protective style. This also save you a lot of time, so, you dont have to worry about getting your hair wet everyday.

6. Massaging the scalp of your hair:massaging the scalp of your hair with a good hair treatment also helps to grow an healthy hair.

7. Protective styling: this is another great way to manage your hair. Braids/weaves serve as protective style.

8.Tight braids/weaves: if you want to have an healthy hair, it is always advisable to avoid tight/weaves. Cos you may end up doing more damage to your hair. Always inform your hair stylist to go easy on your hair.

Note: these are based on my hair journey:

Beautiful hair u have got there dear!
Now please how do I go about bad hair dandruff, am thinking of shaving off my hair.
Have tried many treatment.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by cassidy1996(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
my beautiful queen.... so natural, jus keep it shining... kisssseessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.................
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by gsalvatore: 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
Favolly:

Oga adviser, this your advice doesn't make any sense rara...

What does having a body for your natural hair mean??

Are you saying that the hair nature gave you may not go with the body shape that the very same nature bestowed on you?

Or is it that you just can't resist the urge to call women derogatory names at the slightest opportunity?

Issorait undecided
Genius, You think my point or advise as you put it doesn't make sense? So Natural hair fits every woman black woman you have seen wearing it? Yet most if not all go for attachments and stuffs... I suppose they understand my point with me even saying it...Dont even tell me they are insecure puuurlease!

You think nature bestowed obesity on most women? Or anorexic ladies thinking the want to keep shape?

Haven't you seen an 18yrs old woman change beyond recognition before she gets to 25yrs? Even after birthing? Do you possibly think what worked(natural hair for instance) for her when she was 18 will work when she is 25?...you must think every woman is the same...Dakore used to wear Dreadlocks, why is she not wearing it now?

Do you have comprehension issue? What do you mean by " I just can't resist the urge to call women derogatory names at the slightest opportunity " I didn't mention or refer to any moniker. Now where is this one coming from?

Your reply stink of arrogance due to poor understanding.. You couldn't resist it huh..you had to spew it but it's ok..I do understand you

How/why did I even write all that for a reply?
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by legendte(m): 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
This attention seeker again. But naturally, beautiful girls no dey like show case or do busy body. If I talk say you no fine, na lie be that. Since you fine for face still dey do notice me, I have a feeling that you have complex issue or body/mouth odour.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Arijude(m): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2016
Itibolibo you just want us to see your pix.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by CaraJewel(f): 12:23am On Jul 10, 2016
Natural hair is finne o..actually admire some i see..but watz annoying is seeing most of dem even on most blogs act like ladies who use weavons or braids are being foolish or too xpensive and making dem feel inferior..all those kain tinz..but natural gals stil use dose xame tinz as protective styling...even d gals dat av long fine straight relaxed hair are made to feel inferior smtyms cuz shez nt natural...i love my air even if tz relaxed tho relaxer hasn't gone in it for 6monts now...ion tink i handle natural yet..wen d tym comes i'l try..pretty face u av@op

1 Like

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Originalsly: 12:32am On Jul 10, 2016
Fabulocity:
Yay! I deep condition overnight with hair mayonnaise, avocado, egg yolk and honey.
sad
Hmmm....why did I always believe all this good stuff was to put in the mouth and not on the head?
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Firstlieutenant(m): 12:35am On Jul 10, 2016
Ireneony 4 this ya new dp, u resemble something wey go good to use tongue lick thoroughly, upandan - something like banana-cake. I just kukuma dash one like.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by sweetgala(m): 12:51am On Jul 10, 2016
ernesty20:
See ur head like where fowl scatter ground..

you wicked grin grin
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by sweetgala(m): 12:53am On Jul 10, 2016
PunkyV:
Well...it kinda screams Bushman or bag lady, but at least you got the face to pull the whole look off.

explain ya'sef

you mean to say your own beauty is tied to that fake hair you put on your head
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by DucheSsMerezz(f): 1:00am On Jul 10, 2016
legendte:
This attention seeker again. But naturally, beautiful girls no dey like show case or do busy body. If I talk say you no fine, na lie be that. Since you fine for face still dey do notice me, I have a feeling that you have complex issue or body/mouth odour.
grin grin .. Chaiii NLanders ehnn

1 Like

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by bukster(f): 1:23am On Jul 10, 2016
I am natural too. I transitioned for 1 1/2 years and did the big chop in January. I have been natural for more than 2 years now.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Dotman2210(m): 1:30am On Jul 10, 2016
Fine girl...nice one and pay no mind to the guy up there dishing out incoherent gibberish,is like he is confused and dont know the meaning of unkempt
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by marleygab(m): 1:39am On Jul 10, 2016
pennytration:
Ur skin look so artificial, like a white toy. Even sheamus no white like this.

mtcheww, EWU!!
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by goodgood2(m): 2:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Only a few things compare to natural hair. Ireneony's hair is amazing- it's something an average Nigerian lady desires.

Women of other races carry their natural hair all the time. Why is it that most black women can't do without extensions, wigs and weave- ons? A lot is wrong with the black race, that's why the white folks don't respect us.

By the way, Ireneony always keep it real and natural. Confession: I'm attracted to your natural hair; it gives me a hard-0n. You rock!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by DedeNkem: 2:17am On Jul 10, 2016
Nothing is sexier than seeing a Black woman who wears her natural hair!

Wearing a natural hair is healthier because she's not destroying her hair scalp with toxic chemicals!

I would recommend to every Black woman to watch a documentary called, Good Hair by Chris Rock.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 10, 2016
ireneony:

girl...what filter app do you use?
your picture clear and glowing than China?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Need Body Cream For My Children / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / Where Do I Buy Lace Wigs In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.