Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights (40614 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by lepasharon(f): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
tabithababy:
. Who is this. I don't remember talking to you. undecided

You are posting on a public forum.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by hitchowoyemi(m): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
Religion helps one to check his excesses! how about human Rights/freedom as believed by our Original Western mind rapists, freedom helps one to promote his excesses.
Is Gay a new thing in the world? NO
Why are they advocating for Gay rights now?
Are the Original Westeners Christians?
Are they Muslims?
Hell NO!
Most of them are Atheists pretending to be christians.
And from Gay rights, they'll shift and drift into other rights.
Did the Over 10M African slaves that laboured to build their tents not hv rights?
Hiroshima and Nazazki nko?
Biko!
Watch out for UFOs
It had begun........
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by mykey27: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
Its now up to africa to teach the word moral upbringing of their children. Imagine the very people who were missionaries to us are now talking this trash.
Christians beware!
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by FrenchyL(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
falcon01:
Reports have it that a recent United Nations document condemned teaching kids about God saying it’s a violation of their human rights.
The UN Committee report on the rights of children indicated that such things like taking your child to church and schools where they’re forced to partake in Christian meetings is violating their human rights.
The document likened teaching kids Christianity to child labor. As learnt, it was complied by a group of ‘independent experts of high moral character’. Group members representing various countries demanded of the world to rise against laws enforcing daily acts of Christian worship at schools.
To them, such and similar religious enforcement, are capable of hampering on a child’s freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Although the report was specifically meant to highlight possible ways Britain is violating the UN’s charter on the Rights of the Child, it made inferences to the world at large.
An excerpt from the document said: “the Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship. Which is, wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character in publicly funded schools in England and Wales. And, that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form.”
With the above, the Committee recommended that “the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.”
Already, parents can withdraw their children from collective worship in Britain. The Committee however, wants to hand the kids the right to take decision in this regard themselves. Many have lashed the report asking the compilers to honorably trash it. For instance, Parliament Minister David Burrowes said: “the collective act of worship is not an indoctrination exercise. It is recognizing and respecting the Christian heritage of the country and giving people an opportunity to reflect before the beginning of the day.”
Among other things, the document demanded of the British government to crush domestic abuse and protect kids from being spanked by their parents.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/united-nations-report-says-taking-children-to-christian-church-violates-their-human-rights/
source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
=3aWoF8DD9tA

The summary of the report in one word: #Rubbish.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by lepasharon(f): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
mykey27:
Its now up to africa to teach the word moral upbringing of their children. Imagine the very people who were missionaries to us are now talking this trash.
Christians beware!

Moral upbringing indeed

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
mbz101:

Who be this one wey jst dey bla bla bal , English seems to be ur problem . You talk abt pratical and u had qty education?so as common sense . history should hv redirect ur narrow mind .
You talk like a Man without source . Before you check ur science , sit back and study History . Wikipedia should guide u .

Scholar wey read inside book without reading the context .

This is a writing sample from somebody who in all probability would claim to be educated and possibly a university graduate. She's also belittling my English. But to be honest, I am truly lost in translation. Can somebody who understands this poster's version of written English please help translate so I could respond. I've said it a million times on this website that Nigerians are certificated but not educated. Here is a typical example.

5 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Masculity(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
frenchwine:

I tell you, it's even worse with Islam where little kids are literally forced by alfas and subjected to life changing flogging just to read and master the Quran.
There can't be a worse form of slavery than this.

Take it easy, if you like create another thread for your opinion, but for now let hear what UN says.

Let me quickly forward it to Osun State.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
Dav24:
Telling a child to wear cloth is a violation of his right, taking a child to school is child abuse, telling a child to exhibit good conduct is a violation of his rigit, the world is getting worst because of foolish ideas like this one.

The point you seem to be missing is that morality is logically independent of religion. Nigerians are religious yet highly immoral. As I've said before on this website, the most religious countries in the world (Nigeria, Pakistan, etc) are "the most fantastically corrupt"--remember that quote? Conversely, however, the least religious countries in the world (Sweden, Norway, Iceland, etc) are the least corrupt countries. Can you please explain why? Religion is a smokescreen, a mystical fog, a spiritual gin and ultimately the opium of the masses which distorts reality. Wake up and stop being deceived.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by begwong: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
And taking them to mosques nko? Abi make we kuku take them to okija shrine ba?
THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by neocortex: 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Funpeter:
It is better we force them so that they wont become suicide bomber tomorrow and terrrorist .........

The suicide bombers were also forced to pray five times a day.
Moral of this story is that child religious indoctrination is bad for
the society.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Angrymode: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmmm........!!!!! Well, their countries, their life. As long as they don't try to pose this shit on us, they can Bleep each others asses for all I care.

But wait o! I don't understand those fucking Europeans anymore So they did know that it was against our human rights when they forcefully and deceitfully introduced us to their religions abi

I am now beginning to understand some views of boko haram. Before they will soon tell us that taking a child to school is against their human rights we should rather end it first. After all, most kids hate school and they will gladly accept to stay at home.

I believe now that after so much advancement, it is only foolishness that awaits.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by tobore4u(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
Project400:
The report (if it exists) was quoted out of context.

Taking kids to church is entirely different from forcing non-christians to partake in christian prayers in schools.

If teaching our kids about Adam & Eve is violation, what do we call the teachings of evolution and science? Both teachings were imported to a country like Nigeria. In fact, given our babies food to eat is violation., we shouldn't give a day old baby milk when he has the choice to select pounded yam and ewedu.
you just nailed it.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by OlivetBen(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
That is one the reason why Nigeria and by extension Africa should make policy and be independent of their own. Looking @d way things are going now I have a strong feeling that a country that is independent of herself will one day overthrow the so called world power and developed countries. But if we Nigerians and Africa as a whole keep on buying the ideas of this confused countries even when it's not favorable to our situation, we can hardly become developed.

Just imagine...if teaching them about God is making them not to be independent and irrational, what about sending them to school? Why teaching them mathematics, other languages, geography etc? They didn't consider that as making the children irrational because they can't think on their own without being influenced.
They(western world) became developed because they acknowledged God at the beginning but now I can see that they've eaten fat and they've eventually forgotten their God. I can see that God is ready to take away that their power and give it to a country/continent that is ready to acknowledge Him.

Moreso, we should not be ignorant of the devices of satan, the end is near, what wasn't in play is becoming the order of the day. So I use this precious opportunity to tell u all who have not received the great salvation to do that now, now is the accepted time "how can we escape if we neglect so great salvation."
It is an endtime development.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by flamingREED(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
As a Christian, this means nothing.

Even at gunpoint surrender we will tell our children to remember that there's a worthier Father in heaven.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by cococandy(f): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
There's no way you can avoid impacting your beliefs on your children. Even if you don't take them to church, your social beliefs will rub off on them. If you're atheist, it will run off on them.
Whatever you are will rub off on them. They came into this world as a blank template only to absorb what's going on around them. The parents are usually their first impressions.

What about taking them to school? Does it not violate their human rights? Since some of them if given the chance will not want to be educated. Why not let them choose in that aspect?

Abeg they should go and sit down. Kids don't get to decide such things until they are 18. Then they can decide if they want to stop going to church or school or generally unfollowing their parents footsteps. But as long as they are considered minors, their parents get to make decisions for them as long as of course it doesn't harm them. I.e child marriage, child labor etc.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by MCeeShort(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
Imagine the nonsense...one day this people na mad people.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Spells(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is a beautifully rapped bag of sh*t..... Then wat will dey now say to the Muslims dat force dere kids to study da Quran by takin e'm to what dey call islamia..... I smell dry fish
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Sammy121(m): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
After the creation, hear what GOD said in the Book of Genesis.6:5- and in verse6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at HIS heart." Most researchers are now Anti-God and Anti-Christ to the extent that we uses Religions to destroy rather than to built. God help us ALL!
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Earth2Metahuman: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
I have saying this like forever.

Some parents will even drag their children to night vigils when they have exams the following day.

Let the child chose what he wants to be for mess sake.
I remembered I hate going to church during the week or night vigils, but do I have a choice, NO! Unless I wan chop cain
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
OlivetBen:
...They(western world) became developed because they acknowledged God at the beginning but now I can see that they've eaten fat and they've eventually forgotten their God.

WOW...Here we go again. Another ostensibly certificated but not educated Nigerian. Before the Enlightenment, religion ruled in the Western hemisphere. The Enlightenment project inextricably intertwined with medical advances as well as scientific and technological developments wrestled Western societies from the clutches of religion and transformed them into industrialised and developed countries. The culmination of these is the phenomenon called secularisation - a process whereby religion lost its grip, power and influence on a society and individuals within such a society no longer see the relevance of religious beliefs. Hence the decline in church attendance and the conversion of churches to gay clubs/bars and apartments. Man, go and get education not just certificates. lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Aaronlassa(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
ireneony:
This should also be applicable to islam.
when will you learn how to stick to a topic rather than showing your hatred to other religion #Be
tolerance

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Barigaboy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
I didn't want to condemn dis UN becos d their heading is already condemn. They r saying all those trash where they can say it. If they have said that here we would have use sharia law to cut their head sharp. Anti Christ want to advice christians. Looking for people wey go join them worship Illuminati Oyanra Dahiska. Dem no go church dem go mosque but planning to bend foundations d wey their foundation has been bent wey make dem brain bend. Nigerians Christians n Muslims all over d world let's keep worshiping d lord n teach our children d way of God the way our parents did for us. Happy sunday
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by udo001(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
Yes this is a welcome development . You have the right only to teache a child how to think and not what to think . This is why we only think of god , church , islam without thinking at the right path with others .
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by theenigma: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
The report though specific to England and Wales, nevertheless, still raises loads of concern and worries about the committee members' real intent and motives.
Here are the worrying paragraphs:
[quote][/quote]D. Civil rights and freedoms (arts. 7, 8, and 13-17)
Birth registration / Name and nationality
33. The Committee recommends that the State party encourage its Overseas Territories to revise the local legislation and the British Nationality Act in order to guarantee the right of migrant children, in particular those children born in the territories, to a birth certificate.
Freedom of thought, conscience and religion
34. The Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship which is “wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character” in publicly funded schools in England and Wales, and that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form. In Northern Ireland and Scotland, children do not have right to withdraw from collective worship without parental permission.
35. The Committee recommends that the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.

See the document here: http://tbinternet.ohchr.org/_layouts/treatybodyexternal/Download.aspx?symbolno=CRC%2fC%2fGBR%2fCO%2f5&Lang=en; and,
http://tbinternet.ohchr.org/_layouts/treatybodyexternal/SessionDetails1.aspx?SessionID=987&Lang=en

Members of the committee are: Ms. Amal Salman Aldoseri (Vice-Chairperson; Bahrain; membership expires 28-02-2017); Ms. Suzanne Aho Assouma (Togolese; member till 28 February 2017); Ms. Hynd Ayoubi Idrissi (Moroccan; Female; member till 28 February 2019); Mr. Jorge Cardona Llorens (Spaniard; Male; member till 28 February 2019); Mr. Bernard Gastaud (Monaco; Male; member till 28 February 2019); Mr. Peter Gurán(Slovakia; Male; member till 28 February 2017); Ms. Olga a. Khazova (Russian Federation; Female; member till 28 February 2017) ; Mr. Hatem Kotrane (Tunisia; Male; member till 28 February 2019); Mr. Gehad Madi (Egypt; Male; member till 28 February 2019); Mr. Benyam Dawit Mezmur (Chairperson; Ethiopian; Male; member till 28 February 2017); Ms. Yasmeen Muhamad Shariff (Vice Chairperson; Malaysia; Female; member till 28 February 2017); Mr. Clarence Nelson (Samoa; Male; member till 28 February 2019); Mr. Wanderlino Nogueira Neto (Brazil; Male; member till 28 February 2017); Ms Sara De Jesús Oviedo Fierro (Vice Chairperson; Ecuador; Female; member till 28 February 2017); Ms. Maria Rita PARSI (Italy; Female; member till 28 February 2017); Mr. José Angel Rodríguez Reyes (Venezuela; Male; member till 28 February 2019; Ms. Kirsten Sandberg (Rapporteur; Norway; Female; member till 28 February 2019); Ms. Renate Winter (Vice Chairperson; Austria; Female; member till 28 February 2017)

Here for UN Human Rights website: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Pages/Home.aspx
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by vicnairaland: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
UN AGENTS OF LUSIFA THE DEVIL APPEARING IN MANY FORMS THINKING AND SPEAKING FOR SATAN.THEY WILL ALL HAVE THEIR PART IN THE LAKE OF BURNING HELL FIRE SOON. THEY ARE IGNORANT AND METALLY POSSESS. ALWAYS WITHSTANDING THE MOVE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. THEY FEEL IF YOU GET THEM WHEN THEY ARE YOUNG BETTER I.E LUSIFA WHISPERING TO THEM BUT WETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT THE REAL BRIDE OF CHRIST IN ALL AGES WILL NOT BE DECEIVED EXCEPT THE MAKE BELIEVERS.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by sesaan(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
well well well.. the end time is here.. am going to get a 666 tattoo.. the book of Joshua said the earth stood still or rather the sun stood still.. that nt true.. a bicycle cannot stant still except u r riding.. that is if the earth stop moving it will drift off its axis or orbit n that will b d end of the world..
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by frenzydaniel1(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
So teaching my children what to do from childhood is now a sacriledge now.
Wen wil dis white murons stop destroying our lives.
If taking dem to church is not good, den:
(1) Taking dem to schl shld b stpd too
(2) Buying cloths for dem shld b stpd too
(3) Teaching dem d rudiments of education mst b abolished
Only God knws y u fools bhv as if u get sense.
No wonda thier children gets rotten and dumb headed wen growing.
Only tin dem sabi do pass na to have sex wit anytin dat comes dier way.

ANIMALS
AWON OLOROBURUKU
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by uwalakathankgod(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
Satan at work, I 666 The New World Order(TNWO) AT WORK

falcon01:
Reports have it that a recent United Nations document condemned teaching kids about God saying it’s a violation of their human rights.
The UN Committee report on the rights of children indicated that such things like taking your child to church and schools where they’re forced to partake in Christian meetings is violating their human rights.
The document likened teaching kids Christianity to child labor. As learnt, it was complied by a group of ‘independent experts of high moral character’. Group members representing various countries demanded of the world to rise against laws enforcing daily acts of Christian worship at schools.
To them, such and similar religious enforcement, are capable of hampering on a child’s freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Although the report was specifically meant to highlight possible ways Britain is violating the UN’s charter on the Rights of the Child, it made inferences to the world at large.
An excerpt from the document said: “the Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship. Which is, wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character in publicly funded schools in England and Wales. And, that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form.”
With the above, the Committee recommended that “the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.”
Already, parents can withdraw their children from collective worship in Britain. The Committee however, wants to hand the kids the right to take decision in this regard themselves. Many have lashed the report asking the compilers to honorably trash it. For instance, Parliament Minister David Burrowes said: “the collective act of worship is not an indoctrination exercise. It is recognizing and respecting the Christian heritage of the country and giving people an opportunity to reflect before the beginning of the day.”
Among other things, the document demanded of the British government to crush domestic abuse and protect kids from being spanked by their parents.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/united-nations-report-says-taking-children-to-christian-church-violates-their-human-rights/
source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWoF8DD9tA
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by AJohnnasa(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
Giving our babies food to eat should also count as violation. We shouldn't give newborns milk when they have the choice to select pounded yam, fufu, egusi, and/or ewedu.

UN should focus on collective security, biko.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by uwalakathankgod(m): 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Satan at work, 666 The New World Order(TNWO) AT WORK

falcon01:

source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWoF8DD9tA
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Wolex143: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Aremu01:
I weep for this generation
. Infact this is the end time.....
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by omocheche(f): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
omocheche:
This why I miss my grandmother these people for don receive slap for their faces cos na this kind nonsense she no dey won hear. The child na your child? Una dey there when I push am? The Bible says train up a child the way he should go and when he grows he will not depart from it. Where I came from when a woman give birth to a child 8days later the parent and family members including your pastor or pastors will gather to celebrate the child for a naming ceremony and the 3rd or 5th month the parent takes the child to church for dedication, this is so because we know that every good thing come from God so the child will be dedicated back to God, you will make a promise to God and men that you will bring up that child in the ways of God & so you live to fulfill those promise. So UN go find your place at pit of hell abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Muslim Cleric Beats Up Pastor, Threatens To Pour Acid On Him / 8 Men Of God, Different 2015 Revelations – What Do We Believe? / Redeemed Church Cleaned My Entire Street!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.