Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley (27816 Views)

. / 5 Things You Should Know About How God Sees You, Pt 1 - Jack Kelley / Who Are The Overcomers? - Jack Kelley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2019
Morning
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Okkkkkk
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Good evening
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 9:17am On Sep 19, 2019
Now
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
Yasssss
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2019
You say: "no where in the New Testament are we told that our behavior will endanger our salvation,..."

But Jesus says otherwise.

"If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched."
"And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched."
"And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire."
- Jesus in Mark 9:43,45,47 (NKJV)

Also... read the Gospels regarding the rich young ruler. What shall he do to inherit eternal life ? Keep the Commandments, according to Jesus.

How ? By keeping the Ten Commandments, both the Letter and the Heart of them. How ? By keeping the Two Most Important Commandments as the foundation of why we should do any good thing and God's Will at all... that is, by Loving God and Jesus more than ourselves first, by which we are enabled to Love others as much as ourselves, by forsaking our own self(ishness) and not continuing to offend in sin.

""It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones." - Jesus in Luke 17:1-2 (NKJV)

"If you love Me, keep My Commandments." - Jesus in John 14:15 (NKJV)

Does not Jesus tell us that on the Two Most Important Commandments are founded all the Law and the Prophets ?
Yes.
Which Law ?
God's Law, the Ten Commandments, both the Letter and Heart of them (the morality of which much of Moses "civil" law also contained).
Therefore, every righteousness God and Jesus want carried out in our lives, that is, our behavior, are based on Loving God and others !

But we have to give up self and bear our Cross daily, by following Jesus, instead of following"our way".
For where Jesus is, there His servants will be also.

"So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple." - Jesus in Luke 14:33 (NKJV)

It is important also to keep in our heart and mind that God condones NO sin; God wants His Commandments to be known and kept, and for us to sin no more. Therefore His Son, Jesus, teaches exactly the same, just as He heard from the Father in Heaven:

"See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you." - Jesus in John 5:14 (NKJV)
"Go and sin no more." - Jesus in John 8:11 (NKJV)
"Unless you repent you will all likewise perish." - Jesus in Luke 13:5 (NKJV)
"If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." - Jesus in Matthew 19:17 (NKJV)

Jesus exhorts us with these and many similar exhortations because He Loves us, knowing that sin brings devastating consequences to us.

So be extremely wary of any supposed Christian or church that does not teach the same, or that omits teaching in completeness all that Jesus does.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy."

- Jesus in John 10:1,10 (NKJV)

Jesus also told the people that if their righteousness does not surpass that of the Pharisees, they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Therefore, yes, that means a behavioral change.

Jesus also told the Pharisees that they witnessed a behavioral change in the tax collectors and harlots, and STILL did NOT repent !

And in Matthew 25, the parable of the talents, the "wicked and lazy servant" did his own will, but not God's, and therefore got cast into outer darkness. We have to DO God's will... in our behavior !

Also, in Matthew 24 and Luke 12, the backsliding servant (who did not continue to do God's Will) ends up cut in two and appointed his portion with the unbeliever-hypocrites.

And many other things Jesus teaches, making clear that once we come to Him, we are to forsake all, deny self, and change our behavior to give up willful sin.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." - Galatians 6:7
"For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified." - Romans 2:13
"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." - James 1:22
"But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?" - Jesus in Luke 6:46
"My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it." - Jesus in Luke 8:21
"If you love Me, keep my commandments." - Jesus in John 14:15

A final example of this (although not the only example in the Gospels):

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJV)

This itself proves that "he who does the will of My Father in heaven" is the same individual who does NOT "practice lawlessness", meaning does NOT break God's Law. It is undeniable that Jesus is saying here that those who continue in willful sin, breaking God's Commandments, no matter what good they might do otherwise, will NOT be going to Heaven. This should be a loud wake-up call to the many who try only to point to God's Love while ignoring God's Truth. Be safe, little children, and stay far away from the wolves in sheep's clothing who refuse to discuss or take God's Commandments seriously. Do not share in their sin.

And also, please understand this very clearly: There is no "rapture" where people will be "left behind"... not left behind alive anyway. As in the days of Noah, anyone not taken will be destroyed... then to await their own resurrection... to condemnation. "For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together." - Jesus in Matthew 24:28 and Luke 17:37 (NKJV)

Finally, please note: Yes, it's true, God will forgive those who repent, forgive others, and keep His Commandments going forward. He also knows our fleshly vessels (or garments) are quite stained with sin. And we also know this is true, because even in a state of Salvation (Born Again), we still might have terrible memories of our former wretchedness (I know I do)... not that we want to dwell upon such memories further, but we do know there is plenty of evil recorded within ourselves. So, thankfully, God will overlook that past forgiven stuff, even if it still tortures us in the flesh from time to time; and in the Resurrection to Life, we will gain Angel-like bodies cleansed of all such unrighteousness.

Amen.
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
Your post above also says: "By the time He (Jesus) was finished it was clear that no human on Earth could ever achieve this high standard."

To pretend Jesus teaches us to do things that are impossible would be to call Jesus a liar.

Only the faithless, lazy, wicked, the devil himself, and false prophets spout such nonsense.

These type of people are those who, stewing in their own faithless, cannot do these things, because theirs is not a heart of Love for God and Jesus.

But by their fruits you will know them... and usually, they try to use Paul's Letters in ways that disagree with Jesus Christ.

But "real Paul" does NOT disagree with Jesus.

The false prophets' "fake Paul", a manufactured thing which they wish was their savior instead, is easily seen for what it is... one of this FALSE DOCTRINE: "YOU can't stop sinning (even though Jesus Christ clearly says we can and we must), so don't even try ! Don't worry, God will take you to Heaven, just as you are !"

These sly liars and those who follow them are children the devil, not of God's, and have no way to God's Kingdom in their current unbelieving state.

For those who actually want to believe in Jesus Christ and to do what He teaches, try this instead: www.unhyp.com
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
Lord Jesus
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 5:47am On Nov 11, 2019
Great
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2019
Lord Jesus
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2019
Yes Lord Jesus
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
Yes Lord
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 9:13am On Jan 02, 2020
I believe this decade ( 2020 - 2029) is the last decade for the Church!! Agenda 2030 is around the corner and its all over the news.. One World Government, Sustainable Development Goals for the Planet by 2030... Believers in Christ, the Rapture is sooooo near than ever!! Rejoice for our Savior is coming for us!!
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 6:45pm On Jan 27, 2020
Great
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 11:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
Evening
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 5:44pm On Mar 17, 2020
Gbam
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
Yeahhhh
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
Good
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
Great
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yes
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
Now
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 1:10am On Mar 28, 2020
Night
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
Yes
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2020
Cc Eulalia
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 10:29am On May 29, 2020
Lord Jesus
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 7:01am On May 30, 2020
Morning
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 6:34pm On May 30, 2020
Yes!!
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2020
Now
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lord Jesus
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 6:21am On Jun 08, 2020
Now!!
Re: RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley by jiggaz(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Shiloh 2015 Live Update / Spell To Change Your Eye Color / Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.