Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? (27956 Views)

Can Someone Explain This? / Help Me Understand And Explain This Dream Please / What Does Fasting 6 To 6 Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by Niyinficient(m): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
Hello guys, it's the beginning of the year and as expected different churches begin the year with various Fasting and prayer timetable. My church prayer and fasting is currently on and the Lord has been so good.

A discussion abt fasting ensued btw a friend and I and he was trying to explain dat 6 to 6 fasting is btween the hrs of 6am to 6pm, while I disagree. I caught him eating around 1am wen we came back from night class way back in school and since, he eats at midnight during fasting period.

I have tried to make realise there is nothing like eating at dawn in christian fasting but he won't listen, pls guys can anyone shed more light?

Is 6 to 6 fasting just from 6am to 6pm?
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by sirteayeni: 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2016
That u friend ehn...Na sari e dey chop b dat o..
E be muslim no answer am
Abi how u see am ??
bros wey dey under me
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by sirteayeni: 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2016
cool
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by ayoku777(m): 6:47am On Jan 26, 2016
Niyinficient:
Hello guys, it's the beginning of the year and as expected different churches begin the year with various Fasting and prayer timetable. My church prayer and fasting is currently on and the Lord has been so good.

A discussion abt fasting ensued btw a friend and I and he was trying to explain dat 6 to 6 fasting is btween the hrs of 6am to 6pm, while I disagree. I caught him eating around 1am wen we came back from night class way back in school and since, he eats at midnight during fasting period.

I have tried to make realise there is nothing like eating at dawn in christian fasting but he won't listen, pls guys can anyone shed more light?

Is 6 to 6 fasting just from 6am to 6pm?

Biblically speaking, a new daytime begins from 6am, that is from dawn. It is western time that begins a new day from 12 midnight.

12 midnight to 6am is still night time, biblically speaking. So 6 to 6 fasting is exactly that, 6 to 6. If you don't want to mix hebrew and western time together.
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by sonofthunder: 8:35am On Jan 26, 2016
the Hebrews used to fast for 24hrs... from dusk to dusk(6pm to 6pm)
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by sonofthunder: 8:37am On Jan 26, 2016
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by Amberon: 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
tho its called 6 to 6 fast. But the fast actually starts at 12 midnight. What this means is that you're required to go hungry from 12 midnight to 6pm.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by nellaluv(f): 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
Amberon:
tho its called 6 to 6 fast. But the fast actually starts at 12 midnight. What this means is that you're required to go hungry from 12 midnight to 6pm.

very correct

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by banji001: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
nellaluv:

very correct

But what’re the things you’ll be able to eat from 6pm to 12am
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
banji001:
You have to consult your pastors and mogs ---the ones you fill your heads with lies that by starving yourselves of food you can presumably get God's attention when God never said you could---, for recommendations on that. undecided
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by banji001: 1:34am On Dec 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You have to consult your pastors and mogs, the ones you fill your heads with lies that by starving yourselves of food you can get God's attention, for recommendations on that. undecided

Thank you for this, I really do appreciate this ☺️�
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by Iampromoted(m): 8:49am On Jan 25, 2023
banji001:

You can eat anything you want. As long as it's compatible with your system.
Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by banji001: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2023
Thank you so much boss

Iampromoted:

You can eat anything you want. As long as it's compatible with your system.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain 6 To 6 Fasting? by Iampromoted(m): 6:53pm On Feb 27, 2023
banji001:
Thank you so much boss

Uwc

(1) (Reply)

The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) / Pastor Iginla's Father's Burial: Fayose, Ngozi Ezeonu, Francis Duru Attend / Christian Woman Trying To Cast & Bind A Traditionalist On A Busy Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.