Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

How Do I Start A Music Management Company - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / How Do I Start A Music Management Company (4164 Views)

Are You A Music Producer ? / Starting A Music Business / In Need Of A Music Producer in Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Jasmia15(f): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
Any ideas?
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
How to Start a Music Management Company Experts have said that music is one universal tool that is capable of bringing people together. This is irrespective of the skin colour. There are different music genres and it is the duty of a music management company to manage any artiste that does any type of this music. What is a music management company and what are the roles expected of this company? A music Management company simply put, is a company that handles the affairs of a music Artist. The music management company plans and executes all the steps needed for the success of Artiste. It is the music management company that will determine the success and failure of a music Artist. Furthermore, a music management company earns 15% to 25% of the royalties their artist make and so will do everything possible to ensure that a music artist succeed; because more royalties means more money to them. It is also worthy to note that a music management company is also known as a Record Label. Some of the duties of a music management company include the following. Recording and production, licensing, etc. Crowd funding, as well as sealing endorsement deals. A record label that is able to do this is such a one that can be said to be a successful one. All over the world, artistes who have the backing of their recording deal in this ramification are termed really successful. Therefore, if you have a penchant for music Management Company of your own, then the following tips would be most appropriate. Starting a Music Management Company – Sample Business Plan Template 1. Develop a Business Plan To ensure the success of your music management company, you have to develop a well defined business plan from the outset. The business plan contains every details of how the business will run, how many artists do you wish to start with at first? Where will the music production and recording take place? Will you build your own studio or will you lease time from other studios to handle recording and mastering? What process will you take to bring your artists to limelight? How much do you estimate will be enough to run the business before the royalties start coming? And how do you intend to raise the capital? 2. Register a Company As a music management company, you will need to sign deals and agreements with big companies, and most companies prefer to sign business deals with legal entities, not just private individual. The process of company registration is not a strenuous one; the Company Registration Bureau in State is the department responsible for company registration. You need to pay them a visit and find out requirements needed to incorporate a company. Also, you need to visit the IRS department to acquire your Tax Identification umber (TIN). Some States will not allow your operate your business without a business insurance; visit an insurance company and choose a basic business insurance to cover both your company and third party from liability. 3. Get Your Location The next step is to secure a location that will serve as the company’s official office. If you have the budget to do so, you can include a studio in your office. With a recording studio in your office, you won’t need to pay for recording time in other studios; you can also make money by commercializing the studio that is permitting other artists that are not in your Record Label to use your studio for a fee. An interior designer will be needed to design the interior of the office to give it a musical theme or feel. 4. Employ Workers One person cannot effectively run a music management company, you need workers in various departments to effectively do so; you need a receptionist, a voice trainer, a music producer, Music Writer, Public Relations personnel, and accountant to manage the cash flow in the company. 5. Audition Your Artist You don’t just accept anybody that claims to know how to sing into your Record Label or music management outfit, because as you already know, the success of your company will depend solely on the success of your artistes. You need to carry out an audition to help you choose the best artistes to work with. Any artiste you choose must have the following qualities. He must be able to motivate himself to keep going even when the green light looks far away. The artist must be creative to come up with songs that the public will love and must have the ability to work with people. 6. Promote the Artist It is the duty of the music management company to promote the artiste in all ways. Some of the ways include; sending songs to online platforms like www.itunes.com , www.amazon.com and other musical platforms where they can get the best exposures. Others include; giving sound tracks to DJs to play in night clubs and also radio DJs. These are all the tips that you require for a start to get things rolling. Be sure to always look for other and better ways to get better at what you do. You may also want to take a cue from those who have walked this path before.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Bigdiddo(m): 1:06am On Jul 14, 2016
Nice write up brother.

But you have to differentiate a management company to a record label in Nigeria kind of. for example davido world wide is a record label in Nigeria that signs an international management deal with Sony music. Sony music's is a management and distribution company, while davido world wide music will funds their movement as a record label. what am saying here is the record label spends the money while the management company runs the errand. Another example is the hypertech records label of 2face that is managed by Naomi music now 960 music group owns by efe omorege. 2face spends the money while noami runs the management.

At the OP. you can be a both depending on your financial status. but no matter what as a newbie u still need faithful people all around you to put through the right things to do. I advice you start as a record label. u give the funds to the well certified management company to do it for you for a start, you then will learn from their achievement and pick up from there. in order to get back your hard earned money back quick. you need to give the work to the proz first. I will add u so as discuss more further. am big Diddo a music producer Lagos based. thanks you. holla 08085758577. doing biz based on my experience will be welcomed

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Bigdiddo(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2016
Latest 2016 Free Beat Prod. by Big Diddo. download below from my signature. Holla 08085758577.....
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by EbenzMedia: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2016
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO

Record a song for #8000 and get benefits like free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. For enquiries,call 07032617747.

We also offer the following services;

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did.
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by onome710(m): 12:35am On Aug 04, 2016
Jasmia15:
Any ideas?

Can we talk?
I'm an artist manager with some experience.
Plus I'm looking to work with like minds.
Send a txt to 08183883965
Hoping to hear from u.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by EbenzMedia: 7:35am On Aug 07, 2016
AUGUST BADDEST PROMO

Record a song for #8000 or voice on any instrumental of your choice for #4000 and get free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. You can also get your already produced song promoted on our site for #2000 with hypes on facebook and twitter and bbm with whatsapp broadcast. So hurry now before its too late. For bookings and enquiries,call 08097168776.
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by bighorlus(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2016
Jasmia15:
Any ideas?

im in the buisness. i can help.08172523025 check me on instagram @horlus_music
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by EbenzMedia9: 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
AUGUST BADDEST PROMO FOR ALL ARTISTES

Record a song for #8000 and get free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter. And if you already have recorded songs you want to put online,we can help you put it on 12 sites for #8000 and you also get hypes on facebook and twitter. So hurry now before its too late. Promo ends by 31st of August,2016. For bookings and enquiries,call 07032617747.

You can also call us on 07032617747 for any of the following services;

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,hypes,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
onome710:

Can we talk?
I'm an artist manager with some experience.
Plus I'm looking to work with like minds.
Send a txt to 08183883965
Hoping to hear from u.

Are you on whatsapp? Id like us to chat
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by onome710(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
crownedrookie:

Are you on whatsapp? Id like us to chat

Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Macwytt(m): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2017
Jasmia15:
Any ideas?

Me and my friend are putting things in place to start a management company, are you interested for partnership?
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by achu442(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
I am an artist manager... We can talk
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by MusicPromota(f): 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by miccoy(m): 11:24am On Apr 06, 2017
Macwytt:

Me and my friend are putting things in place to start a management company, are you interested for partnership?

Can we talk?
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Macwytt(m): 7:02am On Apr 08, 2017
miccoy:

Can we talk?
Sure why not? Watsapp 07034850432 only
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Bigdiddo(m): 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Bigdiddo(m): 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
I'm BigDiddo Beat Diggaz
*(iproduce beat, IDo music full production, iMix and Master, iTeach production, iWrite songs and IDo mobile music studio)*

I'm trying to increase my Media outreach�
Let's just vibe
On WhatsApp 08085758577
Re: How Do I Start A Music Management Company by Synord(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2023
Jasmia15:
Any ideas?

Hi . I am an entertainment lawyer with over 5 years experience in entertainment and music law . Let me know if you are still interested in setting up the company so I can guide you .

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your First $1000 As An Upcoming Music Artist: Part 1 / How Much Do They Pay Naija Producer? / Promo!!!promote Your Songs On NAIJAFLAVER And TOOXCLUSIVE For Just #500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.