Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria (6946 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Staff Dressed In Cultural Attires Ahead Of Independence Day(Photos) / Senate Blasts MTN For Moving $14bn Out Of Nigeria, Wants Stanbic IBTC Punished / Financial Inclusion In Nigeria: The Challenges Of Banks & Mobile Money Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by megawax8: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Stanbic IBTC Bank says it is collaborating with Google to train youths and Small and Medium-Scale Enterprises (SMEs) operators in Nigeria on digital skills.

A statement issued by the bank on Saturday said that the collaboration would facilitate capacity-building for SMEs in the country, adding that beneficiaries would be trained on skills and value of digital marketing.

It said that the training would also help entrepreneurs to strengthen their businesses and support digital education initiatives geared toward job creation.

“By organising the capacity building sessions in different parts of the country, the partners hope to build critical mass of businesses through increased adoption of digital technology and enhance their contributions to economic development,’’ it said.

The bank added that the programme scheduled to kick-off in Lagos and Kaduna on July 19, would also hold in seven other states across the country.
It said that the initiative aimed to digitally empower no fewer than 1,000 SMEs operators in one year.

The statement quoted Mr Obinna Ukachukwu, Head, SME Banking, Stanbic IBTC, as saying that digital technology on empowering youth and stimulating growth of SMEs was imperative for diversification.

Ukachukwu said that the bank had embarked on several capacity-building initiatives in various sectors of the economy, including transport and logistics, trade and finance “to support individuals and businesses’’.

He pointed out that SME was pivotal to economic growth of any nation, and that Nigeria should not be an exception.

He stated that the bank’s collaboration with Google would expose the youth and SME operators to modern and innovative marketing, financial and management skills, using digital technology.

This, according to him, will help them to achieve successes in their endeavours.

“We are quite pleased to partner with Google on this strategic initiative.

“Our ultimate goal is to cause, in the long- term, an exponential growth in the digital technology space, knowing that this is the path to the future, with the youth and SMEs as the main anchors,” he stated.

Mrs Bunmi Banjo, Head of Digital Education, Google Africa, according to the statement, said that the company was happy to collaborate with Stanbic IBTC to provide free digital training to local entrepreneurs.

“With over 97 million online subscribers, Nigeria continues to be one of the highest online populations in the world, and this presents big opportunities for the small and medium business sector.

“We believe that when these SMEs have the right digital skills, they can better leverage the Internet to grow their businesses, create more jobs and boost economic growth in Nigeria,’’ Banjo said.

She added that the collaboration entailed further training focus on general digital skills for proprietors of SMEs, who were between 18 years and 35 years of age.

According to her, the curriculum would address such issues as e-payment and online banking, using digital platforms to grow businesses and hiring and retaining third parties.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2016/07/10/stanbic-ibtc-google-partner-on-digital-inclusion-in-nigeria/

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by visijo(m): 6:21am On Jul 11, 2016
this is our bank.. Keep it up...wow, my first FTC....so my 5g has helped me today.

3 Likes

Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 6:21am On Jul 11, 2016
Stanbic knows Google, Google doesn't know Stanbic. I doubt that type of partnership.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by kitan2015(m): 6:21am On Jul 11, 2016
Good
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by AleAirHub(m): 6:22am On Jul 11, 2016
Great Bank
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by ychris: 6:22am On Jul 11, 2016
who stil use stanbic bank?

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Liamm(m): 6:23am On Jul 11, 2016
I don't understand
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Funjosh(m): 6:26am On Jul 11, 2016
Training Training Training.
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by lonelydora: 6:27am On Jul 11, 2016
Hope after the training, their will be jobs ooo
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Marv650(m): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2016
Nice development
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by YoungLete(m): 6:38am On Jul 11, 2016
Good development... Hopefully undecided

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by EternalBeing: 6:46am On Jul 11, 2016
South African bank try to give back to the golden egg laying goose? If I say Ze, u say No, another one say Phobia Omo na u sabi!

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by ngoben(f): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2016
Nice move stanbic...u guys always deliver

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Anabaraony: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2016
Please how can someone apply and hope after applying there will be a job?.

Stanbic IBTC is my bank.
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Herapal(m): 6:48am On Jul 11, 2016
Stanbic IBTC recruitment dey kampe!
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Toluwani111: 6:49am On Jul 11, 2016
GREAT NAIRALANDERS!

please Advice me

I want to buy a android phone with quality camera, long last battery, rugged, 4.5 inches or 5 inches, removable battery, Can carry large number of applications
Which one best suites that specifications.
NB: my budget is #15,000- #20,000
kindly QUOTE ME with your suggestion.
Thanks
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Flexherbal(m): 6:49am On Jul 11, 2016
Good!
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by jazinogold(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2016
hmm
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Spells(m): 6:53am On Jul 11, 2016
Standard stanbic.. I dey feel una sha
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by teddyYz: 6:54am On Jul 11, 2016
How can I apply?
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Phillfree(m): 6:55am On Jul 11, 2016
ychris:
who stil use stanbic bank?
Gotta laff @ that. It is one of the best, their services is off the shizzle ni99a.
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by wiseman4real: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2016
how much is the form
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Kelvin3028(m): 7:00am On Jul 11, 2016
You mean Stanbic bank, the pensioneers bank wants to do this! Pensioneers beware of ur money.
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by acunon: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2016
It is a nice development and pray it applies to other banks.
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by Goldenheart(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2016
Okay, Cool
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by centmichael101(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2016
Nice one
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by dahunsy(f): 7:06am On Jul 11, 2016
Coughs*** clears throat#.....Good.
Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by LydayBobo(m): 7:08am On Jul 11, 2016
The best bank to work and have madt fun

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC, Google Partner On Digital Inclusion In Nigeria by olumaxi(m): 7:11am On Jul 11, 2016
Google and stanbic should partner on showing us roads to their vaults/strongrooms of their banks in every state/locality of nigeria.....i think that wil epp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" / Black Nylon Bags (small And Big) In Wholesale Price / What Is A 'teller Number', In The Nigerian Context?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.