Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,673 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

I Re Buratai And Sahara Reporters Making The Records Straight - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Re Buratai And Sahara Reporters Making The Records Straight (422 Views)

Dstv Is Making The Easter Holiday More Exciting At An Extra Affordable Rate / 3 Success Lessons I Re-learnt From Efe Of #bbnaija / Project Mama Yekini: Setting The Records Straight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Re Buratai And Sahara Reporters Making The Records Straight by SbmSly007: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
I have been a very ardent if not worshipper of the gospel Of Sahara Reporters but lately they seems to be drifting and gradually loosing their popularity especially with regards to their continued campaign of calumny against the Nigerian Chief of Army Staff.
The way they have gone about the issue leaves many including this writer of the insinuation going round that they were paid heavily by some crook element in the Army who fear that the Anti-Corruption fight of the army chief may affect them, therefore they have employed Sahara Reporters considering there wide readers to launch an imagine battering campaign to distract the gentle man General.
It is my intention to bring some abnormally I have pinned down regarding all the so called investigation by the newspaper.
To start with, Sahara Reporters claimed that the Army Chief bought his first property in January 2013 while he was Director procurement , however records shows that he only became director of defence procurement in 2014, the paper also contradicted themselves in their latest publication in one of their picture title "Buratai as Director of Procurement at the DHQ in 2014", how would they substantiate on this. They also need to tell us how proceeds from a contract done in 2014 be used to make purchases in 2013?
Secondly the purported vehicles and bikes they said he diverted funds never happened because the Nigerian Army motorbikes battalion was launched on 27th February, 2016 not 2014 as claimed by Sahara reporters, event that also witnessed the official reopening of major highways in maiduguri which has been closed for over 6 years.
Again by what exchange rate is Sahara reporters basing their figures on because sure as at 2013 the Dollar was not as high as it is now or are they intentionally reporting using the current dollar rate in order to maliciously dent the imagine of the General by hiking the amount using the current dollar rate. What do they wish to achieve with all this, are they now out to frustrate effort of a honest man whose only drive is to keep his country safe?
The menace of boko haram ravaged Nigeria for almost 6 years that some of us lost hope only waiting for when the attack will come to our doorstep until this gallant officer came and salvage the situation bringing boko haram to their knees within 6 months. Today Maiduguri and people of Northeast had a very peaceful and wonderful EID (Sallah) celebrated in grate calm. Is this how we pay, honour or celebrate leaders who put their lives in line for our survival?
By admitting and reporting the Chief making series of installment payment Sahara Reporters exposed their hypocracy by not telling Nigerians the truth that it takes only a prudent officer of his rank and caliber to make purchases through installmental payments. In our Nigeria of today we have seen and read how even junior officers bought and paid cash properties worth billions which some they paid without moving an inch. If a sitting chief of Army staff with his aboundance of allowances can only buy property of 42 million naira by installment then such army chief is an angel among all the Army chiefs Nigerians have known. The most amazing is he even paid as low as N 3500000 an amount some officers will just bring out from their drawer or vehicle pigeon hole.
With their constant attack it makes me want to conclude that either Sahara reporters are obsessed with the Army chief and we are about to witness the Buhari/Fayose episode replayed again or they have approached him for some favors and he turns them down and they are now on an avenging mission or as it is widely reported they have been drafted by the corrupt element to help them distract the army chief from achieving his mission and vision for Nigeria and the Nigerian Army.
To further show their desperation for attention the newspaper in its latest publication are telling Nigerians that his investment makes him as high as $500 per night, please in our Nigeria of today what is $500 plus what is our business with what his investment makes for him, the guy has been cleared so what then is their issue.
The Nigeria Army and all its component is a highly confidential institution, it is wrong for information about such institution to be widely publicized, for the newspapers to even go as far as publishing the service number of a serving officer I consider that unpatriotic and risking the life of the officer and his entire family as if that is not enough they went on to publish his phone number, what are they trying to prove... Who are they trying to impress?. Also I will want to advise the army chief to investigate how they came about the teller used for the deposit because that is supposed to be a personal and confidential document between a depositor and his bank and only the two parties have copy. How did the the newspaper get copy of such confidential document... Or it is that they pried into his personal life which amount to abuse of his life to personal life and liberty guaranteed for him by the constitution?
Sahara reporters need to cut the army chief some slack else we Nigeria tag them as enemy of the state and we will begin to treat them accordingly.
Barr. Mohamed Bala salman
Abuja Nigeria
Re: I Re Buratai And Sahara Reporters Making The Records Straight by psucc(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
Oh! because now the table had turn sahara reporters no longer holds water? No!! Buratai bought everything with his life 'savings'
Re: I Re Buratai And Sahara Reporters Making The Records Straight by deeplow: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nigeria is going nowherr, with youths that think like this. Were you expecting every thing SR brought to be a 100% accurate? if you were, i wasn't. What is accurate is the fact that he owns properties that his salary, if he continues to work for the next 50 years, cannot afford.

Shouldn't that be what you focus on,instead of excahnge rate in 2013 and whatnot? I pity Nigeria and Nigerians. Boda Buhari had better do what is right, we are watching him in 3d.

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion Was She Wrong Or Not? / Troops Ambushed Fleeing Boko Haram Fighters In Marguda. / Nigerians Are Cursed, Myself Inclusive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.