Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,295 members, 7,954,176 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:40 PM

The Day I Died - Kinginvahala - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Day I Died - Kinginvahala (2230 Views)

The Day I Died (true Life) / Dead Bodies Of 3 Men Who Mysteriously Died Inside A Well In Onitsha(graphic Pics / A Staff Of Ecart Services (jumia Nigeria) Died At Work Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 1:24am On Jul 11, 2016
[b]Sometime ago, I visited a mentor of mine who is turning a well acclaimed “dry church” to a church flowing with milk and honey. I was so fascinated by the numerous projects going on in the church that I had to ask him to tell me the secret. He just looked at me, smiled, and said; if success is what you seek in life then you must understand three things:

Firstly: You must be fully convinced that what you intend to do or are already doing is God’s plan and purpose for your life,
Secondly: You must be willing to dare flesh and blood to start out that vision in your heart,
Thirdly: You must be ready to "die" to other alternatives in order to actualise your vision and dreams.

So, it doesn’t matter how great your vision is, until you are "dead" to alternatives, you may abandon it when storms arise. I have seen people with great business ideas abandon them for government or other jobs because they weren’t "dead" to other alternatives. Dead people don’t change their minds or develop second thoughts, dead people are not moved by inflation, weather conditions, political instabilities, dead people don’t retrace their steps, they don’t turn to the left, right or go backward, the only path they follow is the path that goes forward to judgement seat.

Our success will come faster if only we would shut our ears, minds, and eyes to alternatives to our visions and dreams. The truth is, there will always be alternatives. For example, an alternative to a successful entrepreneurial journey may be to get a job, an alternative to coming up with ideas to develop our communities may be to travel abroad for greener pastures, an alternative to getting a university/polytechnic degree may be to go for a business apprenticeship with the aim of becoming rich faster than our peers that furthered their education. Most often, alternatives are killers of great dreams and visions and the fastest way to overcome alternatives is to be "dead" to them. Men like Bill Gate and Mark Zukerberg for instance, wouldn’t have gone far with their ideas of Microsoft and Facebook if they weren’t "dead" to alternatives by dropping out of Harvard just to focus on their ideas. If music is what you are gifted at, then, make it your only job until it starts bringing in the monies you need to invest in other business.

After venturing into motivational speaking, I knew I needed to "die" to other alternatives that I may be tempted to fall to if motivational speaking wasn’t paying the bills. I knew I had to make it work by all means otherwise I may end up jobless. The moment I "died", I realised an inner strength and zeal that I didn’t know I had. I can remember been told by someone that I should get another job to support my motivational speaking career, but I refused because I was already "dead" to alternatives and had told people of my decision. If you want to be on the safe side, then it’s advisable to get a supporting job, but if you intend to get the best out of your vision then you must be prepared to "die" to alternatives. I read the story of the founder of one of the biggest Christian organisation in Africa; the Living Faith Church; Bishop David O. Oyedepo who had to "die" to other alternatives by giving up his Job just to focus on actualising his vision. According to him, he told himself that it will be a shame for a part time pastor to succeed more than him, and you and I can see the proofs of that decision. To be "dead" to alternatives is simply to become a one eyed visionary person, focused, dedicated, determined and unwavering. Being "Dead" to alternatives will release unusual strength on you, it will awaken your creativity, it will make you responsible and make you to work harder because if you don’t, there will be no other ways to pay your bills.

Succeed You Must![/b]

written by John and Godwin Uwangue (entrepreneur's brothers)
John "Johnspeak" Uwangue is arguably Africa’s fastest rising and highly sought after Motivational Speaker, Author, TV Host and Entrepreneur.
Godwin Uwangue (KINGinVAHALA) is a computer science graduate, a professional graphic designer, a website developer, a database administrator, an IT consultant, a politician and an entrepreneur.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 1:25am On Jul 11, 2016
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 1:26am On Jul 11, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
[b]Sometime ago, I visited a mentor of mine who is turning a well acclaimed “dry church” to a church flowing with milk and honey. I was so fascinated by the numerous projects going on in the church that I had to ask him to tell me the secret. He just looked at me, smiled, and said; if success is what you seek in life then you must understand three things:

Firstly: You must be fully convinced that what you intend to do or are already doing is God’s plan and purpose for your life,
Secondly: You must be willing to dare flesh and blood to start out that vision in your heart,
Thirdly: You must be ready to "die" to other alternatives in order to actualise your vision and dreams.

So, it doesn’t matter how great your vision is, until you are "dead" to alternatives, you may abandon it when storms arise. I have seen people with great business ideas abandon them for government or other jobs because they weren’t "dead" to other alternatives. Dead people don’t change their minds or develop second thoughts, dead people are not moved by inflation, weather conditions, political instabilities, dead people don’t retrace their steps, they don’t turn to the left, right or go backward, the only path they follow is the path that goes forward to judgement seat.

Our success will come faster if only we would shut our ears, minds, and eyes to alternatives to our visions and dreams. The truth is, there will always be alternatives. For example, an alternative to a successful entrepreneurial journey may be to get a job, an alternative to coming up with ideas to develop our communities may be to travel abroad for greener pastures, an alternative to getting a university/polytechnic degree may be to go for a business apprenticeship with the aim of becoming rich faster than our peers that furthered their education. Most often, alternatives are killers of great dreams and visions and the fastest way to overcome alternatives is to be "dead" to them. Men like Bill Gate and Mark Zukerberg for instance, wouldn’t have gone far with their ideas of Microsoft and Facebook if they weren’t "dead" to alternatives by dropping out of Harvard just to focus on their ideas. If music is what you are gifted at, then, make it your only job until it starts bringing in the monies you need to invest in other business.

After venturing into motivational speaking, I knew I needed to "die" to other alternatives that I may be tempted to fall to if motivational speaking wasn’t paying the bills. I knew I had to make it work by all means otherwise I may end up jobless. The moment I "died", I realised an inner strength and zeal that I didn’t know I had. I can remember been told by someone that I should get another job to support my motivational speaking career, but I refused because I was already "dead" to alternatives and had told people of my decision. If you want to be on the safe side, then it’s advisable to get a supporting job, but if you intend to get the best out of your vision then you must be prepared to "die" to alternatives. I read the story of the founder of one of the biggest Christian organisation in Africa; the Living Faith Church; Bishop David O. Oyedepo who had to "die" to other alternatives by giving up his Job just to focus on actualising his vision. According to him, he told himself that it will be a shame for a part time pastor to succeed more than him, and you and I can see the proofs of that decision. To be "dead" to alternatives is simply to become a one eyed visionary person, focused, dedicated, determined and unwavering. Being "Dead" to alternatives will release unusual strength on you, it will awaken your creativity, it will make you responsible and make you to work harder because if you don’t, there will be no other ways to pay your bills.

Succeed You Must![/b]

written by John and Godwin Uwangue (entrepreneur's brothers)
John "Johnspeak" Uwangue is arguably Africa’s fastest rising and highly sought after Motivational Speaker, Author, TV Host and Entrepreneur.
Godwin Uwangue (KINGinVAHALA) is a computer science graduate, a professional graphic designer, a website developer, a database administrator, an IT consultant, a politician and an entrepreneur.

cc seun , lalasticlala , mynd44 , please lets take this to front page and encourage fellow nairalanders.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by mhisbliss(f): 1:35am On Jul 11, 2016
Nice
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2016
mhisbliss:
Nice
Thanks!
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by naniawini(f): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2016
Nice one dear! wink
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Emmaesty(f): 9:01am On Jul 11, 2016
Wow. Just what I needed.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2016
Emmaesty:
Wow. Just what I needed.

You can say that again, one of our problems has always been our inability to decide on the path we wish to follow and stand on our decision no matter what.

I hail from a part of the country where travelling abroad to "hustle" means success but I made up my mind that I will never tread that path, not minding what people has been saying.

Our ability to chose what we think is best for us and stand on our ground no matter the negatives that comes along is one of the attributes we need to have a successful tomorrow.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by PRESTIGERYHME(f): 10:27am On Jul 11, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]nice1dear

keep it up

keep it up

keep it up
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2016
Awesome! Great men that have written their names in the sand of time have always been known for One thing. Those we have today are also known for ONE THING.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
wow! you just inspired me boss.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
DESNAT:
wow! you just inspired me boss.
Thanks a lot man!
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Missyetty(f): 12:09am On Jul 12, 2016
Wow! This is awesome if I must say

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 12, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Xup man
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Festivalofholi:
Xup man

Baba I they o, nor be so bros o, you just abandon your boy for street. Are you aware I'm contesting for Mr Nairaland?
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Baba I they o, nor be so bros o, you just abandon your boy for street. Are you aware I'm contesting for Mr Nairaland?
Lol.. I just dey too. I'm aware sir. U've got my vote wen d time comes.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by calculator123(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
nice post...
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2016
calculator123:
nice post...
Thanks bro, I believe you learnt one or two things from this?
I sent you a mail, kindly reply.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by harsysky(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
I just finished a book called "War of Art" by pressfield and coming here to read this, sums it all up. I respect you, Op. You've just inspired me. Keep up the good work!
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 15, 2016
Why re u contesting for nairaland when ure supposed to be dead to alternatives.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by tukdi: 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
undecided undecided undecided I dont think you are intelligent enough to put up this wonderful write-up? I doubt! I know that one day, Fowl nyash go open! Anywhere, if na you, then you try well well! Congrats to both of you sha!
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by potbelly(m): 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
Words on marble... Words of gold...
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
harsysky:
I just finished a book called "War of Art" by pressfield and coming here to read this, sums it all up. I respect you, Op. You've just inspired me. Keep up the good work!

Wow, thanks man!

Taking a decision and standing by our decision no matter what crowds says is a starting point to success.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
maiahsaiah:
Why re u contesting for nairaland when ure supposed to be dead to alternatives.

Being dead to other alternatives doesn't mean you shouldn't take your baths nor eat your foods or sleep at night.

Mr nairaland is a pageant and this things doesn't make a man's future, and it isn't also a threat to the path you decide to chose.

When comparing, you should compare with things that is a threat or would turn threat to what you have chosen to do and be in life and not a pageant whose outcome doesn't exceed 365 days.

I believe I have answered your question, miss?
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
tukdi:
undecided undecided undecided I dont think you are intelligent enough to put up this wonderful write-up? I doubt! I know that one day, Fowl nyash go open! Anywhere, if na you, then you try well well! Congrats to both of you sha!

Does the emboldened make's any sense to you? don't allow what you see or read on romance section cloud your reasoning. You don't know me outside nairaland, same way I also don't know you, that means we don't know 95% of what we re capable of doing.

If you need an article on Business and politics, kindly let me know and I would draft you one that will wow even the saddened within 48hrs?
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
potbelly:
Words on marble... Words of gold...
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Mediapace: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
[quote author=KINGinVAHALA post=47614955][/quote] undecided check mail na
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by KINGinVAHALA: 12:16am On Jul 17, 2016
Mediapace:
undecided check mail na

I saw it immediately it got delivered, I do get notified when a mail comes. Still trying to deliberate on the issue raised that's why I havent replied. But don't worry, I believe everything would be sorted out, let me gets to the office first on Monday.
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by tukdi: 8:48am On Jul 17, 2016
grin grin grin grin
KINGinVAHALA:

Does the emboldened make's any sense to you? don't allow what you see or read on romance section cloud your reasoning. You don't know me outside nairaland, same way I also don't know you, that means we don't know 95% of what we re capable of doing.

If you need an article on Business and politics, kindly let me know and I would draft you one that will wow even the saddened within 48hrs?
grin
Re: The Day I Died - Kinginvahala by Mediapace: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2016
UWC BRO
KINGinVAHALA:

I saw it immediately it got delivered, I do get notified when a mail comes. Still trying to deliberate on the issue raised that's why I havent replied. But don't worry, I believe everything would be sorted out, let me gets to the office first on Monday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Study Abroad Via Vantage Migration / Should I Venture Into Yahoo Yahoo ? Advice ! / Oando Salary Package For Warehouse Staff And Inventory Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.