Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,386 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Buccaneers Social Penetration - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Buccaneers Social Penetration (1382 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buccaneers Social Penetration by Lawalemi(m): 7:43am On Jul 11, 2016
I've come to see friends on Facebook adorning suspicious attires such as yellow caps, tie, and some even bakes pure yellow cake to celebrate their children's birthday.
These are friends that were never known to practice cultism while in school but this is an identity of Buccaneers.
Here is my concern:
Is Buccaneers no more a despised society.
Is it a milder cult that could be permitted to operate in common society unlike the Eiye, Aiye & co?
Is it encouraging to transmit its values into family?
Is being a Buccaneers pride to the point of showcasing it to associates on social media?
Do you have any of such friend and would you ask them about it?
Thanks
Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by eyinjuege: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Are people supposed to stop wearing the color yellow because some miscreants decided to use it as the color of their "uniform"?

I understand the colors red, black have also been " taken ".

So what colors do you expect the normal populace to wear?

4 Likes

Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Lawalemi:
I've come to see friends on Facebook adorning yellow caps and some even baking yellow cake to celebrate their children birthday.
My understanding is that yellow is an identity of Seadog - please correct me if I'm wrong.
Is Seadog no more a cult group or is it just a milder cult?
Is this an ideal that should be transmitted into family life?
Is being a seadog member something to pride about to the point of showcasing it to friends on social media?
Thanks

So, what colour(s) would you propose?
Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by kindredspirit(m): 6:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Lawalemi:
I've come to see friends on Facebook adorning yellow caps and some even baking yellow cake to celebrate their children birthday.
My understanding is that yellow is an identity of Seadog - please correct me if I'm wrong.
Is Seadog no more a cult group or is it just a milder cult?
Is this an ideal that should be transmitted into family life?
Is being a seadog member something to pride about to the point of showcasing it to friends on social media?
Thanks

Good morning.

I believe the people that adopted Yellow as their colour are the Buccaneers alias SeaLords, not SeaDogs who use Red as their colour.

You might want to modify the title of your post.

Just for your Information.

1 Like

Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by Lawalemi(m): 7:43am On Jul 12, 2016
kindredspirit:

Good morning.

I believe the people that adopted Yellow as their colour are the Buccaneers alias SeaLords, not SeaDogs who use Red as their colour.

Thanks bro for the correction. It's been effected
Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by Lawalemi(m): 7:46am On Jul 12, 2016
Timbuktou:

So, what colour(s) would you propose?
I don't have issue with their color. I'm only asking if it is now a sort of social club and not a typical outlawed cult group anymore.
Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 12, 2016
Lawalemi:

I don't have issue with their color. I'm only asking if it is now a sort of social club and not a typical outlawed cult group anymore.

I ask that because other cults have their own colours. Would you advise people to use neither of these colours because some group of outlaws have adopted it to represent their organisation? And if so, which colours are left for the good world to use? If not, why single out Sealords?
Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2016
kindredspirit:

Good morning.

I was going to correct him but I thought he might just be taking the piss.
Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by crackhaus: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2016
Lawalemi:

Vikings and Buccaneers were originally meant to be social clubs until undergraduates in higher institutions tarnished the image by using membership of these confraternities to wreak havoc.

The national associations still exist, and graduates who were once members in school usually remain members even after graduating and becoming millionaires or billionaires.
I'm sure you already know that most of our politicians and big business men belong to some of them.

3 Likes

Re: Buccaneers Social Penetration by general111(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2016
I havr seen a facebook page for bl@ck axe members sef.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Monthly House Rent Payment Now Possible In Lagos / I Am Confuse! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.