Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Who Should Be Responsible For This Damage? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Should Be Responsible For This Damage? (1067 Views)

MUST READ!!!:4 Things That Damage Your Laptop Batteries. / 10 Common Mistakes That Could Damage Your Laptop [A Must Read ] / How To Prevent Your Laptop From Damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be Responsible For This Damage? by Dammytech2000(m): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello folks pls i need ur view & surgestion on this issue i m about to unveil...

I happen to be an engineer, i also have one dude that he is also an engineer too.. This guy mainly work on laptop board but for me i m system software engineer. I could record 3 occassion that i ve took board to this fellow to repair without no solution... But this last one happen on thursday morning.

I took a laptop to him to buy screen from his hand, after testing like two working screen with the system we discover that the system is selecting screen. For him to make his own money he said is going to work some things on the board and the system wil be working with any screen, which he did and it work.

He collected money for his work instantly and i took the laptop to my office to install on it i notice that the system was generating too much HEAT.
I off the system and close for the day.

The second day i try to put on the sytem and it was not coming up.
My client came for the system and i told him that his system power button is bad because i could ON the laptop direct from the Mother Board..
I have to call this same dude for the power button and he said is going to cost 1500 to replace or fix it.... Cos i dont ve system with that same power button.

I took the system their and he was trouble-shooting the power button with his own charger. Suddenly i just hear PRA.. Spark from charger to the board.

Before i knew it the system board has BURN beyound repair...

Pls who is going to bear the Damage/responsible for the changing of the Laptop Mother Board?

This same guy was telling me to lie to my client that his system Board is bad and he should replace it.... Telling me that the board is weak already and it need to be replace....

Pls should i fight this guy to change the board or i should lie to my client?....

Meanwhile he has given me money to change the screen which was the initial problem?
Re: Who Should Be Responsible For This Damage? by khorlynz(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
Dammytech2000:
Hello folks pls i need ur view & surgestion on this issue i m about to unveil...

I happen to be an engineer, i also have one dude that he is also an engineer too.. This guy mainly work on laptop board but for me i m system software engineer. I could record 3 occassion that i ve took board to this fellow to repair without no solution... But this last one happen on thursday morning.

I took a laptop to him to buy screen from his hand, after testing like two working screen with the system we discover that the system is selecting screen. For him to make his own money he said is going to work some things on the board and the system wil be working with any screen, which he did and it work.

He collected money for his work instantly and i took the laptop to my office to install on it i notice that the system was generating too much HEAT.
I off the system and close for the day.

The second day i try to put on the sytem and it was not coming up.
My client came for the system and i told him that his system power button is bad because i could ON the laptop direct from the Mother Board..
I have to call this same dude for the power button and he said is going to cost 1500 to replace or fix it.... Cos i dont ve system with that same power button.

I took the system their and he was trouble-shooting the power button with his own charger. Suddenly i just hear PRA.. Spark from charger to the board.

Before i knew it the system board has BURN beyound repair...

Pls who is going to bear the Damage/responsible for the changing of the Laptop Mother Board?

This same guy was telling me to lie to my client that his system Board is bad and he should replace it.... Telling me that the board is weak already and it need to be replace....

Pls should i fight this guy to change the board or i should lie to my client?....

Meanwhile he has given me money to change the screen which was the initial problem?

ummmmmh... I feel your pain bro and from what you posted above, it shows that you haven't found yourself in situations like this before. My candid advice is that you should learn not to cut corners especially when purchasing parts for Laptop. go for the spare parts that matches what you intend replacing. As a Laptop engineer, you must learn to be honest with your clients, being smart and trying to outsmart them does not pay at all and taking them for a fool will continue to reduce the patronage you get from them. so be honest to them and look for a way you sort things out with them. tell the other fellow that you can not do what he's suggesting but he should be ready to pay part of the money you will use to get another MBoard. As for me... being honest with my clients have saved me from trouble several times. you can contact me through my signature and let's see what we can do to proffer solution. please note that I am not a magician and I'm not promising you that the MB will come back to life but we can avert future occurrence.
Re: Who Should Be Responsible For This Damage? by Elsquidme(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
actually what cause that boardfrying was d work he did on d screen. like what d above guy said is what you should follow.
Re: Who Should Be Responsible For This Damage? by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Both of you should bear the lost sir, if he was sure it wouldn't work and just wanted to try his luck, then he should have told you it's a 50/50 chance for you to prepare your mind, he is a greedy engineer.. .

Some of this system select screen, especially dell, you just have to keep looking for the screen that will work for it, as far as its not showing plain white for all screen you fix...

Your client won't take it easy since the board was working before.
Just take it as a lost, that's business for you, that computer engineering for you..

(1) (Reply)

Just cruise / Unlocked Spectranet Modem E5578s-932 Cannot Lock To 4G Only. / 10 Most Common Reasons For Computer Failure In Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.