Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,408 members, 7,843,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money (690 Views)

Jason Njoku: "My Children Won't Inherit My Money" - Iroko TV Boss Says / Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by Gidobaba(m): 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello nairalanders. This is what ecobank did to me. On the 19th of June 2016, I got back to Nigeria from school. around 5AM, I attempted withdrawing some money using diamond bank Atm because it was closest to me. The money is what I was supposed to use for transportation to warri where I live. Instantly I got a debit alert and waited for my money that never came out. I didn't leave there until one hour passed because I've heard stories like this and the money comes out eventually. My people I waited and nothing showed up. I was so stranded in lagos because I had no one. Didn't even know how I could go about it but I was later able to reach my sister whom eventually, I got a transfer from hours later. Immediately I got home I started processing my complaint. I reached out to them via email and they assured me they were working on it. I also went to their branch and did all they asked from filling their forms to constantly visiting the branch but all was in futility. A week later I got the most insulting mail of my life. Ecobank sent me a mail insisting that I took the money. I also replied them telling them I didn't. Since then, all my mails haven't been replied, I've gone to their branch severally but the usual "don't worry we'd work on it" is what I get.

Good people, I've been through a lot. I don't know how to go about this anymore. I can't leave my cash with them. Someone suggested I get a lawyer and slam them with a suit.

Mods please help me get this to front page. I need as much advice and views I can get.
Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by Adenle041(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
Lol
Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by iliyande(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
that was how former oceanic bank took my 8k in 2009 till today

my advice for is that, write consumer protection, go to brekete family radio, cbn, and go public on their twitter handler with the transaction details, time, place etc.

lalasticlala come see
Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by Gidobaba(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
iliyande:

my advice for is that, write consumer protection, go to brekete family radio, cbn, and go public on their twitter handler with the transaction details, time, place etc.

lalasticlala come see

Thanks for this. I reached out to them on Twitter yesterday. Still nothing. I'd see to your other suggestions too
Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by iliyande(m): 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
Gidobaba:

Thanks for this. I reached out to them on Twitter yesterday. Still nothing. I'd see to your other suggestions too

post it everyday of your life tagging cbn guy

1 Like

Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by Stephenfid: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
My advice will be, you should call this number 01-2260450 or whatsapp them on 08087603717 and they will attend to you.
Gidobaba:
Hello nairalanders. This is what ecobank did to me. On the 19th of June 2016, I got back to Nigeria from school. around 5AM, I attempted withdrawing some money using diamond bank Atm because it was closest to me. The money is what I was supposed to use for transportation to warri where I live. Instantly I got a debit alert and waited for my money that never came out. I didn't leave there until one hour passed because I've heard stories like this and the money comes out eventually. My people I waited and nothing showed up. I was so stranded in lagos because I had no one. Didn't even know how I could go about it but I was later able to reach my sister whom eventually, I got a transfer from hours later. Immediately I got home I started processing my complaint. I reached out to them via email and they assured me they were working on it. I also went to their branch and did all they asked from filling their forms to constantly visiting the branch but all was in futility. A week later I got the most insulting mail of my life. Ecobank sent me a mail insisting that I took the money. I also replied them telling them I didn't. Since then, all my mails haven't been replied, I've gone to their branch severally but the usual "don't worry we'd work on it" is what I get.

Good people, I've been through a lot. I don't know how to go about this anymore. I can't leave my cash with them. Someone suggested I get a lawyer and slam them with a suit.

Mods please help me get this to front page. I need as much advice and views I can get.
Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by leksy69: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
I have also had a terrible experience similar to yours while using a Diamond Bank ATM in Ogba, Lagos. However, my advice to you is to reach Ecobank with details of your matter via their ombudsman number 01-2260450 or whatsapp them on 08087603717. A couple of friends have testified that they got their complaints attended to swiftly through the numbers. Best of luck, pal...
Gidobaba:

Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by Gidobaba(m): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Stephenfid:
My advice will be, you should call this number 01-2260450 or whatsapp them on 08087603717 and they will attend to you.
That was the number I channeled my complaint to initially... Thanks tho' I'd still give them a call
Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by leksy69: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
Pal, things have changed a lot between 2009 and now... It is not advisable to go PUBLIC with your transaction details when there are proven effective channels of getting your matter sorted without stress and unnecessary exposure of your financial information to the piblic. One such is to access the Bank's feedback channels, especially the most responsive of the channels which has been suggested to our friend here. Don't forget the problem occurred on a DIAMOND BANK PLATFORM, which means the problem could lie anywhere between both banks. What is paramount is that the guy needs his money to be returned to him as quickly as possible. One is sure both numbers provided would help him more than family radio, etc...

iliyande:

lalasticlala come see
Re: Help! Ecobank Won't Return My Money by iliyande(m): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
leksy69:
Pal, things have changed a lot between 2009 and now... It is not advisable to go PUBLIC with your transaction details when there are proven effective channels of getting your matter sorted without stress and unnecessary exposure of your financial information to the piblic. One such is to access the Bank's feedback channels, especially the most responsive of the channels which has been suggested to our friend here. Don't forget the problem occurred on a DIAMOND BANK PLATFORM, which means the problem could lie anywhere between both banks. What is paramount is that the guy needs his money to be returned to him as quickly as possible. One is sure both numbers provided would help him more than family radio, etc...

even when the said bank claimed the OP has collected the cash?

I will advise the ops to do just that without exposing his card digits and acct number.
if possible request for the transaction video

(1) (Reply)

Original Perfumes For Sale (give Away Prices) / Unveiling The Scheme Called MMM / Bitcoin is The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.