Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? (22462 Views)

Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? / I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by rashydrashyd: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Dear Corper,

Kindly take it and start planning big time as how u will manage the pay and ensure certain amount is safe as your own savings.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by koboko69: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
pek:
Reject the offer, it is too small.

Abi?

Imagine question.

Wey 70% of en set na house dem wan con siddon first
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Aremu01(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Take the job if you don't wanna regret later
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by lillies: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Typing
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
60k per month (after tax). seriously u are very lucky.. pls acept dis job bro.. from dere u wil get a better offer....seriously i was also like u bro.... pls dont turn this offer down... i no GOD IS UR STRENGTH BRO.. u need to start from some were bro... no matter the amount acept it bro... #dontturnthisofferdown PLs dont forget to check my signature bro [/b][b]
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by nextstep(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:
I'm roughly 2-3 months away from rounding off my NYSC programme and I just got a job with a telecomm firm and they resolved to paying 60k per month (after tax). Now I'm at a crossroad because I was aiming for something higher than this. This really has nothing to do with pride as some people might assume, just that I'm somewhat disturbed that the sum is not 'okay' enough, considering the harsh realities confronting the economy presently. I'm expected to start soon and I'm so confused, whether to accept or reject the offer.

Wait... don't take the offer... Please let my cousin, who has been jobless for 3 years now after NYSC take your place. He has no problem accepting the "low low" wage of 60k.

Smh angry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by omonla555: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

It is a typographical error. I didn't ask you to assess the structure of my sentences and I didn't ask to be faulted.

I think that should be enough for him. They can't differentiate between typographic error or concord error.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Stanbeto: 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
You beta take it, if i tell you my Storry after finishing NYSC 6yrs ago with ma wife and Children you will Thank me Leta
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by deucelaw: 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
Take the job but dont settle there, take it as a springboard and start looking out aggressively...I have always have a philosophy. The day you get a job, start looking for another....You cant afford to rest in one place....keep moving
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by lokonzo78: 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Please accept the offer. It's not how you start but how you progress. I know a friend that made 2.1 in Econmonis, also qualified as a Chaterred Accountant that started as an auditor in a pure water factory with 40k salary like four years ago but now working for one of the top three conglomerates in the world with annual salary of N9m and official car. This is how I advised him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Saylawchar(m): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:
I'm roughly 2-3 months away from rounding off my NYSC programme and I just got a job with a telecomm firm and they resolved to paying 60k per month (after tax). Now I'm at a crossroad because I was aiming for something higher than this. This really has nothing to do with pride as some people might assume, just that I'm somewhat disturbed that the sum is not 'okay' enough, considering the harsh realities confronting the economy presently. I'm expected to start soon and I'm so confused, whether to accept or reject the offer.

If i get you right, you said you are yet to finish your NYSC and despite that, you managed to get a job. My bro, am very sure that the firm gave you the job without considering your nysc status, ordinarily most companies will not take you without nysc cert or exemption as the case may be, i will advise you to start with this pending when you will finish your nysc so that you can put in for something more better. Who says they wont upgrade your status once you present your nysc??
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
OP and senseless goat

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by kenny1313(m): 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hmm. you are the luckiest person among your peers(Batch b) which am among. better use your head unless your dad is the owner of shell.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by olayinkaa05(m): 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
Please I need the job,send me their contact

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by martinz23(m): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
please don't be in haste to take decision..I advice you pray about it considering the state of our economy...peace be unto you
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by bellville: 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
I believe the op as an undergraduate would be getting an allawee of 100k a month, hence this question.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by chibrasil(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hehehe I laff u in Spanish..... U kw wetin b job hunting? Beta accept am... B4 it's too late
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by richybanky(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
ychris:
niggah pls dnt stoop so low and take that job offer, try and chase ur dream ehn? u can stil get better job out there. keep searching hunmn?. but do me a favour pls. pls pm me address and name of that telecom comp. i thnk that job is meant for me.
Lols, some can be very funny, wen alot of pple outside der ar ready to even take 30k job and someone is thinking abt accepting d offer or not..
OP, my advise for u is to reject d offer since u think d pay is small, u will know wats really happening in d labour market wen u tru wit ur service..
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by TheSPEAKER(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
Yeah Bro. I'll genuinely advice you to take the job offer if you are certain to get it.

That amount isn't so meagre. Concentrate your efforts in your duty at work because if you don't get to like it, you'll sooner get to lose it.

While you're in it, you can keep an eye open for other better opportunities.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Felaak47(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
Pls reject the offer and thank me later.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

na better slap u nid. I dey her dey find work of even forty k, u dey complain.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by richybanky(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
chibrasil:
Hehehe I laff u in Spanish..... U kw wetin b job hunting? Beta accept am... B4 it's too late
No mind d guy
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by jordanice007: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
my first salary in my present job was not up to 20k. Today im now earning 6figures in that same job. im still looking for an offer that will be 3 to 5 times though. The company allowed me to school and work too though. they still have my loyalty for that.

like they say a bird in hand .............

bro accept am sharpaly no dull.

from there aim high

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by jerryfisher(m): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
sukkot:
bros some people earn 10k a month
I dey tell u
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by teawhy2788(m): 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
Abeg gv me d job o,dis is my 9th months after my nysc,neva gt such job opportunity.Evn if I cn gt 30k job nw,I will do o! Pls,whatsapp me on:08065019331
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Tamakay(m): 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

It is a typographical error. I didn't ask you to assess the structure of my sentences and I didn't ask to be faulted.

Ur first sentence is OK but pride won't let u stop there. Too bad!
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by teawhy2788(m): 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
nnamdiokere45:
Pls,evn if I gt 30k job I will jump to it.Neva gt any thing since after my nyysc Oct.last year
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Ezedon(m): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

Can i come and take over the job?
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by richard870(m): 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

@Op, Thats why our country is in a financial quagmire. If @ dis stage of you life you can't make a simple decision (especially one which concerns your future) without coming to a forum like nairaland points to one thing and one thing only 'Lacklustre mentality'

Advice: Kindly assess you lifestyle in relation to the economic realities of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by jojosweet(f): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:
Have u heard anything about work experience..u will need it In this harsh realities confronting our economy angry

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
go and sit at home waiting for that high paying job. jobs are falling from trees for graduates with zero experience in this harsh economy where people are getting laid off all the time.

i am certain you are a highly sought after, high value, first round draft pick candidate. leave that crummy 60k job. you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

You said at the bolded [size=15pt]not 'okay' enough[/size]
Now I'm going to ask you this, how's unemployment
Is that okay enough for you
People are losing their jobs and you are wondering if you should accept an offer. At least you have an offer.

You have not even though of what value you are going to add to that organization

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Multiple Job Openings At HARPS / Free Cv Review For Students & Jobseekers / 10 Mistakes Job Seekers Make … And How to Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.