Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? (22461 Views)

Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? / I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by rhymaholic: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:
I'm roughly 2-3 months away from rounding off my NYSC programme and I just got a job with a telecomm firm and they resolved to paying 60k per month (after tax). Now I'm at a crossroad because I was aiming for something higher than this. This really has nothing to do with pride as some people might assume, just that I'm somewhat disturbed that the sum is not 'okay' enough, considering the harsh realities confronting the economy presently. I'm expected to start soon and I'm so confused, whether to accept or reject the offer.

Don't throw away this opportunity. Get the experience and you'd be glad you did
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Wolex143: 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hmmmm pls go for that job first, and later u'll go and search for another. Cuz at times wen oportunity comes and go it may take a while to get it back. So dt u'll nt regret so go for it.....
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by mexioni(m): 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
kapai:
Experience is the beat teacher,your just a young graduate.If after your t-fare expenses and you still have something left in the pocket.I'll advice you to pickup the job from there you now work for something greater.

Don't forget we have thousands of unemployed out there begging for such opportunity.
Lol, thousands abi millions

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by 4nobody4every1: 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
sukkot:
bros some people earn 10k a month
Chai, l went to a bar last night to drink in my location outside Nigeria though, l recall when l got the bill from the bar man it amounted to 27,000 Naira equivalent, and to imagine that some people earn 10k is heart breaking, l weep for Nigeria, the poverty in that country stinks to the heavens, Nigeria has oil and yet still very poor with poor infrastructure all over the country, may God punish all those who put Nigeria in this present quagmire sad
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Babaregg(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
[quote author=ychris post=47436521][b]niggah pls dnt stoop so low and take that job offer, try and chase ur dream ehn? u can stil get better job out there. keep searching hunmn?. but do me a favour pls. pls pm me address and name of that telecom comp. i thnk that job is meant for me cos i even dreamt that a nairalander has my job in his possesion, i neuer knw it was you.pls do pm me. thanks in anticipating

Best reply so far
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Kakamorufu(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
guy if na 35k remain for u at the end of d month, manage am ooooo.. I still dey look for better job as i dey. Am frustrated everyday. Bank account don dey red, my mates don dey wed, dem no get double head naw. Just take the job and start from somewhere. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by omoalajah(m): 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
Take it man
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by nkechiasogwa(f): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Reject the job even when you have no better option yet. When you would have searched for a job for 5 years or more, you will still come back here to ask stupid question. You are a fresh graduate, u 've got no work experience, yet u are not grateful for the opportunity God has set before u. Do u realize some pple do volunteer jobs just to gain experience in other to move higher? Get sense.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by eyinjuege: 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
Money shouldn't always be a motivating factor, especially for you a fresh graduate. I think you should jump at the opportunity for the EXPERIENCE.
Imagine the whole load of experience you're gonna get there.
You're the one "using" the company for now, as you don't really have anything you're bringing to the table.
So try and gain all you can while there, and you're already building your CV. Volunteer to do extra stuff there, so you can learn more.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by jojothaiv(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
Histrings08:
Pfft... Reject it bro and come back here to tell us d story that touch...
You don't mean it...

Smiling in Swahili....
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Brightgem(f): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:
I'm roughly 2-3 months away from rounding off my NYSC programme and I just got a job with a telecomm firm and they resolved to paying 60k per month (after tax). Now I'm at a crossroad because I was aiming for something higher than this. This really has nothing to do with pride as some people might assume, just that I'm somewhat disturbed that the sum is not 'okay' enough, considering the harsh realities confronting the economy presently. I'm expected to start soon and I'm so confused, whether to accept or reject the offer.

Confussion hasnt really started to explain ur mara. Ur not really in touch with the reality of life plus Nigerian reality, u have an offer following ur service year and u confused, pls what oda option are u weighing this 60k against is that option already available too? Bird in hand worth two in the bush. Start somewhere, stop forming cuz to me dats what I see.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by sukkot: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Chai, l went to a bar last night to drink in my location outside Nigeria though, l recall when l got the bill from the bar man it amounted to 27,000 Naira equivalent, and to imagine that some people earn 10k is heart breaking, l weep for Nigeria, the poverty in that country stinks to the heavens, Nigeria has oil and yet still very poor with poor infrastructure all over the country, may God punish all those who put Nigeria in this present quagmire sad
bros, if you buy one sack of rice and one sack of beans and strong shoe so you can walk to work and back ? for that 10k you go save small sef cheesy
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by jojothaiv(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingAdegoke:
OP and senseless goat
Seconded!
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Brightgem(f): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
nkechiasogwa:
Reject the job even when you have no better option yet. When you would have searched for a job for 5 years or more, you will still come back here to ask stupid question. You are a fresh graduate, u 've got no work experience, yet u are not grateful for the opportunity God has set before u. Do u realize some pple do volunteer jobs just to gain experience in other to move higher? Get sense.
Gbam!
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by jojothaiv(m): 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
richard870:
@Op, Thats why our country is in a financial quagmire. If @ dis stage of you life you can't make a simple decision (especially one which concerns your future) without coming to a forum like nairaland points to one thing and one thing only 'Lacklustre mentality'

Advice: Kindly assess you lifestyle in relation to the economic realities of Nigeria

Sir....

A penny for your thought would suffice but you actually deserve load of pounds for that.....
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by kpolli(m): 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

What's the position you're offered? That will determine if 60K is too small
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Seungid1(f): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
Don't worry, 5 years after grad, some people are still hustling 30k job, for this Lagos. You see 60k job, you dey ask question. Please, pm me the address of that company, I need the job more than you dear. Such low pay jobs are not okay for your status.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by 4nobody4every1: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
sukkot:
bros, if you buy one sack of rice and one sack of beans and strong shoe so you can walk to work and back ? for that 10k you go save small sef cheesy
Na wao, and the thieving politicians are hiding looted funds in their farms, looking fresh, it is time the populace starts stoning all these wicked fat cats, it seems the celestial realm has ignored Nigeria or else l expect so many judgement on all these wicked rulers that have held 180 million citizens hostage for decades. angry angry
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Kobicove(m): 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
Accept the offer...you have nothing to loose but you have a whole lot to gain.

You're just starting life therefore you will need all the experience you can get plus this may be a stepping stone for better things to come

At this stage in your career money should not be your primary focus...you need to enrich your CV and build a network of connections as you go along

Trust me , the money will come later! wink
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
sukkot:

a bag of rice is almost 17,000 naira
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by HOPE8888(m): 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
I started with 45k two years ago.. But now, on 6digits salary... You can start from somewhere
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by willibounce1(m): 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
Take the job. It's better than doing nothing. At least you'll gather some experience and this will help in getting a better job.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by MikeB3(m): 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
You are funny my dear friend, uncountable are looking for a job that pays half of your would be salary and you are contemplating on going for it or not in this present economic condition of the world. You are much more lucky than people like us that stayed at home months after NYSC before getting job and you want to evaporate the opportunity! I recommend you to take the offer ASAP!
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by jully29(f): 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bro I will sincerely advice u accept d job oooo, becos its not easy getting such nowadays.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by sukkot: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joavid:

a bag of rice is almost 17,000 naira
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by sukkot: 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Na wao, and the thieving politicians are hiding looted funds in their farms, looking fresh, it is time the populace starts stoning all these wicked fat cats, it seems the celestial realm has ignored Nigeria or else l expect so many judgement on all these wicked rulers that have held 180 million citizens hostage for decades. angry angry
too many wicked people in nigeria. the wicked leaders are a punishment on the wicked populace. its not a coincidence wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Histrings08(m): 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
jojothaiv:

You don't mean it...

Smiling in Swahili....
seriously.. Is it not dis country where teeming population of graduates are going loggerheads for #23000 per month job...
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by 4nobody4every1: 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
sukkot:
too many wicked people in nigeria. the wicked leaders are a punishment on the wicked populace. its not a coincidence wink
Hmmmm, l agree sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by 4nobody4every1: 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by sukkot: 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

Since you are so young and Inexperienced. Well let me help you.

If you don't take that Job now, I can Guarantee you that you might look for job the next 1 year and you won't see, No Be Curse.

You know why? You will always have a better chance at getting a high paying job if you already have a job, nobody wants to hire a jobless Non-experienced person to work.

If you work with Mr A's company for 1 year = they pay you 60k

You move to Mr B's company = they increase it a bit and pay you 100k and it goes on and on.

Or perhaps you get promoted in Mr A's company

But if you don't collect that first Job because the money is small, Na poverty go kill you oh ! undecided
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by richard870(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
jojothaiv:

Sir....

A penny for your thought would suffice but you actually deserve load of pounds for that.....
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Multiple Job Openings At HARPS / Free Cv Review For Students & Jobseekers / 10 Mistakes Job Seekers Make … And How to Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.