Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,387 members, 7,850,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

File Server And Login Authentication - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / File Server And Login Authentication (584 Views)

Simple Server And Psiphon / Pls I Need Sound Forge 10 Serial Key Nd Authentication Code / A Specified Authentication Package Error: Losing Network Connect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

File Server And Login Authentication by sholasys: 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2009
In a domain network, i intend creating a file server to achieve some files from a dept. and i only want three 3 users to login to that server with diff account.
the PC will be window server 2003 and a member of a domain. Any way out ?
Re: File Server And Login Authentication by mikesleek(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2009
If i get you right, you want to create a remote share that 3 users can connect to after authentication, just create the share on the server, remove the default permission and create permission for the 3 users. Connect to the share from client pc, it requests user name and password. If you have permission you gain access else you are bounced off. There are better ways of doing this but this is the easiest to follow. Any challenge, call me on 08024981478
Re: File Server And Login Authentication by sholasys: 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for your reply. Is there away to disable cut or delete command/option on the files when right-click ?
Re: File Server And Login Authentication by mikesleek(m): 6:54am On Sep 17, 2009
I don't understand your question.

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Help / Want To Enable Cookie On My Computer / Vista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.