Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President (20961 Views)

Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi / Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank / Busted! Why Aliko Dangote Became The World’s Richest Black Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by RitzyPrince(m): 6:58am On Jul 12, 2016
ibkgab001:
Hey Dangote please don't answer them ,... They want to kill you same wAy they kill MKO Abiola

Anyway LALASTICLALA how much is today exchange rate of likes I have 8,000 likes to change to naira
How do u browse the internet with 2G network? undecided
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by emmanwaka: 6:59am On Jul 12, 2016
Honestly if Dangote comes out as Nigeria President I will support him, this is a new idea
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 12, 2016
well for me, I see all them as thieves
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by Luckylife(m): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2016
What an Africa mentality, where in the world can u see the richest man that use politics and nepotic favouritism in a country is given the mantle of president . Op should look for another scam to collect his share from Dangote .

1 Like

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by LordVoldemort(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2016
badderdandem:
please what are qualities of a good leader

Google is your friend
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by overdrive(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2016
ibkgab001:
Hey Dangote please don't answer them ,... They want to kill you same wAy they kill MKO Abiola

Anyway LALASTICLALA how much is today exchange rate of likes I have 8,000 likes to change to naira

how were u able to c this?I wish to exchange mine too.
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by BlindAngel: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2016
ibkgab001:

Jesus 8,000 total likes? How is that even possible, and if true. Your comments must ne very sensitive. Am speechless
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by greatseed: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2016
I doubt if dangote will be interested in politics, his calling is enterpreneurship, not politics. See kachikwu, gud business man wit 1st class honours, but can't operate well in govt...
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by tonio2wo: 7:10am On Jul 12, 2016
Ibadan son 99! You are a very big fool.
You still dont want to free urself from the shackles of slavery. Idiot!
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by greatseed: 7:10am On Jul 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Who the fucckk are you ??
Have you ever heard of freedom of speech ?? Am i not allowed to express what the fucck i want ??

Do you have a problem with that ?? Go eat a dick then
Dnt be aggressive young man, its reasonable and wise to listen more than talk, the latter only tells abt ones emptiness upstairs......

1 Like

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by Collins9156(m): 7:12am On Jul 12, 2016
A man to emulate and trust with Leadership not a monopolist.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MAN LIKE THIS (GODWIN MMADUKA)

By Chike Micheal Ekwealor.

Since I was born and in all the history books I have read, I have never seen any philanthropist as good as this Igbo Man.

Umuchukwu in Orumba south Local Government Area of Anambra State, formerly known as Nkerefi was hitherto known as one of the backward and remote communities in the state as it was totally bereft of any meaningful government attention, even to the extent that 90 percent of Anambrarians (including me) have never heard about the community name,.

Because of the growing poverty and absence of opportunities, the community was a haven for criminality which climaxed with the kidnap of the community’s traditional ruler, Igwe Michael Ukaegbu, by some unknown persons.

But all these negative attributes were changed by the emergence of one of their illustrious sons into the scene, Dr. Godwin Maduka, a United States of America (USA) based medical practitioner, who through his foundation he set up 15 years ago, brought projects to the community and compelled the former Governor of the State, Mr. Peter Obi, to construct two roads connecting Umuchukwu and other neighbouring communities.

But the development of the community started with re-christening of Nkerefi to Umuchukwu after a referendum conducted by the administration of Obi.

When Dr. Maduka’s foundation visited the then Governor at Government House Awka, with the pathetic story of the deplorable state of their roads in Umuchukwu, they had elected to bear the 50 percent cost of the construction of the roads.

This moved Obi who visited the community himself and was overwhelmed by what he saw and then promised that the Anambra State Government will take over the responsibility of those roads.

Below are the pictures of the great man have done. Note : so many other projects especially the 100 Bungalows scattered all over the village for the poor Widows are not included in the pictures.

He built
1) two churches, one each for the Anglicans and Catholics.
(2) built Trinity Hospital and Maternity.
(3) over 100 standard houses for widows and the poor in the area.
(4) Built Immaculate Conception International College 1 and 2 , with buses donated to them.
(5) he built a police station for security.
(6) he built a magistrate court.
(7) a standard market called (Afor Market), .
(cool built barracks for the Civil Defense staff,
(9) built two monasteries for churches.
(10) built community centre( Community Hall and his own Village Hall)...
(11) built, post office.
(12) built a state high court.
(13) provided transformers to boost electricity in the community.
(14) built mighty edifices for primary and secondary schools.
(15) built a palace for the monarch, civic centre,.
(16) built houses for clerics of Catholic and Anglican churches, among others.
(17) built Five star hotel known as Lion of Africa resort.

(18) the 15 storey tall building is part of the World class International standard Hospital / Health research institute ( which will serve as the destination of all health matters in Africa, since it will be the biggest and the best of it kind in African soil).

This will serve as shame to the Federal Government and some state Government that cannot pay salaries, because of decline in oil price.

He did all these without the oil money.

And to those Billionaires who buys private jets and allow their people to come beg them two spoon of Rice every morning.

Remember he(Godwin Mmaduka) is not the Richest man in Africa, but he is the richest in Heart.

An overly excited native was quick to state, “today, there is no more thatched house in the community. Maduka has replaced every thatched house in the area with three or four bedroom bungalows.

About 100 of such buildings were rebuilt. They belong to the indigent natives, especially widows. All such buildings carry green roofing aluminium zincs for easy identification.

But he did not stop there; to effectively battle criminality in Umuchukwu, Dr. Maduka has equally not only built four two-storey buildings for police stations, but complemented it with a bungalow as officers’ mess and another structure to serve as operational base for the men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) which he donated to the Nigeria Police. He also built headquarters for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

He has also sponsored hundreds of students from his community and have also helped to get them job. He built Vocational center for those who want to learn handwork.

He vowed to make his community look better than Las Vegas, before he will finally come home to settle.

My prayer is that Igbo people should learn from this man and come back to invest, let everyone make his community And state his own Last Vegas.

I also pray that God will bless me like this man and if I did not use it to put smiles on people faces, then he should make me poorest man..

His name is Dr Godwin Mmaduka, MD / CEO Las Vegas

ibson99:
With the current economic realities in which majority of states in the country cant pay salaries, perhaps its past time we considered a new a new strategy: put a hardcore capitalist at the helm of affairs. And who better than the countries biggest capitalist! Here are five reasons why Aliko Dangote should be Nigeria’s next president.

1. Efficiency: Some of the country’s biggest challenges include corruption and bureaucracy. For a man who turned a small trading firm he founded in 1977 into a multi-trillion naira conglomerate, managing one of the most bureaucratic nations in the world should be an interesting challenge.

2. Popularity: any Nigerian home or abroad who has access to any form of media be it radio, TV or the internet will most likely know who Aliko Dangote is. With that sort of popularity selling him as a presidential candidate would be easy for any political party.

3. Spotless: in a country where almost every popular person has one corruption scandal or the other, the man has managed to keep a image clean. In fact, the only scandal he almost had was when a certain Miss Sylvia Nduka was rumored to be his girlfriend. An allegation in which both he and the lady in question denied.

4. Business minded: no disrespect to president Buhari, but he needs to upgrade his financial intelligence. To spend more money, you have to first diversify your income stream. The school feeding program, 5000naira for the poor amongst other liabilities without having a long term financial sustainability plan for these programs will end up doing more harm than good.

5. There is no one else: the main opposition party, the PDP is struggling with internal crisis. It doesn’t look like they will be producing a president anytime soon. The ruling APC for now doesn’t seem to have any electable presidential material. A presidential material with popularity and the political muscle to unite the country, and most importantly one with no corruption scandal seems to be lacking in the country right now.
source:http://theconservativeng.com/why-aliko-dangote-should-be-nigerias-next-president/
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by fullblast(m): 7:16am On Jul 12, 2016
So true! MKO Abiola lost his business empire and life to politics.

ExAngel007:
The day he dips his hands into politic in Nigeria, that will be the end of his career.
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 12, 2016
Lol, only an Ibo man can beat the drum of sycophancy so sweetly...

2 Likes

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by jegz25(m): 7:17am On Jul 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Don't think of that ignorant non educated chap.
He's the richest man in Africa but his tribe is the poorest tribe in Nigeria.
If na Igbo man get the kind money wey im get, he go put Nigeria on the world map, No doubt about that
hater
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by Image123(m): 7:18am On Jul 12, 2016
udemedia3:
Business is different from politics , pls don't put up this type of article , cos i will not like to wake up and see #NEWS " Efcc freeze Dangote account " Buhari and Apc don't need competitor.... Try and compet or criticise them ... U will be arrested by dss/efcc. #dictatorship

You're so wrong, people who didn't steal arms deal money are walking free. It is mainly those linked to the arms deal probe that have been arrested. Femi Aribisala, Okupe, Abati, Dokubo are all staunch critics of the government, same with Lere Olayinka, Deji Adeyanju and many people.
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by Kangol99(m): 7:19am On Jul 12, 2016
Ehhhh!
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by mpowa(m): 7:23am On Jul 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
If na Igbo man get the kind money wey im get, he go put Nigeria on the world map, No doubt about that
Oh, Igbo men no get rich people? or they need to be has rich as Dangote to put Nigeria on the world Map?

1 Like

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by southpole: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
From Babangida to Gowon to Shagari to Abacha to Murtala to Yaradua to Buhari to Dangote.

I curse Lord Lugard and his wife for Amalgamating peaceful and independent Igbo land with zombies

Just to educate you a little

I don't know when you were born but the way you are blaming Lugard for the woes of the Igbos is not true. Let me bring to your knowledge that when the issue of Nigeria independence came up the North never wanted to be part of Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello insisted in one of the meetings that was called to discuss the issue that the North has a different culture with the South and he (Ahmadu Bello ) insisted that Northerners will prefer to have their separate country, but the South insisted that it was better that Northern Nigeria and southern Nigeria be one country this assertion by the Southerners was headed by your kinsman an Igbo kinsman Nnamdi Azikiwe. But even with the North never wanted to be part of Nigeria the southerners insisted that they needed the North. In 1957 when the issue was brought up again the Northerners made it clear that they were not ready for independence and instead of the Southerners to go ahead to demand for their independence as Ghana did, your kinsman Azikiwe and other southerners agreed among themselves that they will prefer to wait for the North until when the North was ready and that was why Nigeria had her independence in 1960 instead of 1957. There was this report that after the meeting and on their way back the Northern delegation was stone for their stands on the issue of independence. For more information on Northerners' stand on having their own country it is reflected in the book tilted "There was a country" check from page 50 to 55 or so. The book was written by another of your kinsman, an Igbo kinsman Chinua Achebe. In case you don't know the author, Achebe was one of the most educated Igbos during his time.

I don't really know why your people are not telling you this part of Nigeria history, so next time you will want to blame somebody look inward first the cause of your problem may be from your household, and I repeat the North never wanted to be in the same country with your people ab initio but your people insisted they needed the North , may be you will try and find out from your people why they so much wanted the north to be part of Nigeria even when the North resisted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by naxman(m): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2016
Dangote President,
Adenuga Vice President,
Buhari EFCC chairman,
Atedola Minister of Petroleum,

Nasri(Me) Kogi state Governor,
My late dad Commissioner for ghost workers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by samsam2019: 7:38am On Jul 12, 2016
1st of, Dangote did not start as a small trader(don't be deceived) he's from a very very wealthy family.

#2) he became rich through government patronage. If he wants to tackle the present government and contest against it his business will suffer greatly.

Final conclusion: Dangote as a president wilk never happen
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by mu2sa2: 7:41am On Jul 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
But why is an igbo not the richest person? Btw, there is little or no difference in poverty levels in the erosion-ravaged igboland and most other parts of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by darqly(m): 7:46am On Jul 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

That is debatable. Meanwhile, who is the richest Igbo businessman in Nigeria, and where has he placed his village or state at least on the Nigerian map for starters...
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by samsam2019: 7:50am On Jul 12, 2016
southpole:

Just to educate you a little

I don't know when you were born but the way you are blaming Lugard for the woes of the Igbos is not true. Let me bring to your knowledge that when the issue of Nigeria independence came up the North never wanted to be part of Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello insisted in one of the meetings that was called to discuss the issue that the North has a different culture with the South and he (Ahmadu Bello ) insisted that Northerners will prefer to have their separate country, but the South insisted that it was better that Northern Nigeria and southern Nigeria be one country this assertion by the Southerners was headed by your kinsman an Igbo kinsman Nnamdi Azikiwe. But even with the North never wanted to be part of Nigeria the southerners insisted that they needed the North. In 1957 when the issue was brought up again the Northerners made it clear that they were not ready for independence and instead of the Southerners to go ahead to demand for their independence as Ghana did, your kinsman Azikiwe and other southerners agreed among themselves that they will prefer to wait for the North until when the North was ready and that was why Nigeria had her independence in 1960 instead of 1957. There was this report that after the meeting and on their way back the Northern delegation was stone for their stands on the issue of independence. For more information on Northerners' stand on having their own country it is reflected in the book tilted "There was a country" check from page 50 to 55 or so. The book was written by another of your kinsman, an Igbo kinsman Chinua Achebe. In case you don't know the author, Achebe was one of the most educated Igbos during his time.

I don't really know why your people are not telling you this part of Nigeria history, so next time you will want to blame somebody look inward first the cause of your problem may be from your household, and I repeat the North never wanted to be in the same country with your people ab initio but your people insisted they needed the North , may be you will try and find out from your people why they so much wanted the north to be part of Nigeria even when the North resisted.
leave your story for lawma

Now we no longer want to be with you northerners

Simple
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by XXCASH: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2016
This is unbelievable. How can one living in this country say such nonsense.
Yes I respect Dangote but he got his wealth by arm twisting, illegal govt patronage, killing opposition etc.
Pls stop this rubbish. Call names that have played international league and can bring that experience back home e.g Kachikwu
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by DANO1011(m): 7:55am On Jul 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
you think the hausa people are the poorest In the nation, because you see them begging in the street ¿ I'm sure you have never cross the southern boundary!!!!
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by DANO1011(m): 7:58am On Jul 12, 2016
samsam2019:

Simple
funny!.. listen to the dude, you might learn something!!
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by Wolex143: 7:58am On Jul 12, 2016
Dangote to be Nigeria president? Count him out, it can't be. Infact if am selected to be his councilor on ds mata i'll advice him neva to smell politics, to d extents dt he'll taste it......
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by Saintp(m): 8:00am On Jul 12, 2016
They are 2 parallel lines. Dangote being a greedy hardcore capitalist will even make Nigeria worse. He is leveraging on the chaos in the country to make his billions.
Will a president Dangote work to improve the system that would spur growth and usher in competition to his own businesses? Except he will be no longer interested in holding unto his monopoly.
Will President Dangote encourage other to build refineries that would challenge his own? how would he then climbing higher to become World's richest man one day. Do you think he is stupid romancing every govt in power?
If it were in reasonable countries where there are solid independent institutions that checkmate excesses no matter who is involved, then it would have made sense but for naija where one man hijacks EFCC, judiciary, Legislator, Police, Army, CBN etc, it is a no no.

1 Like

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by southpole: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2016
samsam2019:

Simple
Then leave to another country may be Israel as the returning lost tribe but the territorial land mass of Nigeria cannot and will not be negotiated. Sorry I know it will pain you but that is the Northern stand, Buhari has made it very clear for anybody who want to know. But if the Igbos want to carry arms I think the North know how to do that better.
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by basadenet: 8:03am On Jul 12, 2016
Government and business are two different things, so because you succeeded in business that does not mean you will succeed in Governance.

1 Like

Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by XtrmeBachelor(m): 8:05am On Jul 12, 2016
U want to know if he has scandals then make him Presidential candidate for just 24hours make rivals open em yarsh
Re: Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President by dallyemmy: 8:05am On Jul 12, 2016
Ethnic and religious sentiments will surely impede that!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Imports Crude As NNPCL Swaps Oil For Loans / Nigeria To Begin Rice Exportation - Prof. Bola Okuneye / Bode Agusto Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.