Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements (855 Views)

Sacked Drivers Picket Fidelity Bank Over Non-payment Of Entitlements / Aggrieved Ex-baker Hughes Employees Protest In Enugu, Demand N12b Entitlements / Oyo Government Slashes Salaries, Entitlements Of Political Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by ThePeoplesChamp: 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
It is not a secret that D Bank laid off nothing less than 800 of its staff in May. By 6.27am that faithful day, all the affected got mails terminating their appointments with the bank.

Later that day, we were given the option of resigning. Some of us did. Some of us did not.

In the termination letter, we were told our terminal benefits would be communicated to us.
Alas, instead of being paid, our accounts were all thrown into debit. The rent allowance paid in the beginning of the year was forcefully debited, alongside other monies. The alert narration was "unearned" allowance.

Is D Bank saying we should be homeless now that they are done with us? Does D Bank mean we will not be paid our entitlements after years of gruelling work and schedule?
We were not paid overtime all the times we had to work weekends. For the time we slept over in the name of upgrade.

Why are we now being made to pay for months unearned, according to them?

Where is the integrity of D bank when it is trying to cut corners by not paying us severance benefit as is practised everywhere?

Why has D Bank turned us all into debtors by booking the debitted money as a loan?

D Bank. Where are our entitlements?

1 Like

Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by ThePeoplesChamp: 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Seun. Lalasticlala.
Help please. frontpage
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by ThePeoplesChamp: 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Seun. Lalasticlala.
Help please. frontpage
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by gunpoint(m): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Dude
You must be joking
You worked for all those years in banking and did not forsee this?
I am not trolling you, i am just letting you know that you are wasting your time bro.

Shout out to all the other bankers out there.
Learn your lesson
Save like mad
E fit be you tomorrow oh
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
Everything will be okay.
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by ThePeoplesChamp: 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
Done @ guitarlife
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
ThePeoplesChamp:
Done @ guitarlife
I appreciate.
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by gunpoint(m): 9:11am On Jul 12, 2016
chimeziepaul:
Your illiteracy is deceiving you badly, grow up and stop thinking like a fool.
Question
Are you a banker?
Do you know what it is like been one?
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by gunpoint(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
chimeziepaul:
you are a fool, u don't deserve any opportunity to speak, people like you are cheap contract staff, I will teach you how to work in all Departments in the bank. When we Bankers are talking, close ur dirty mouth, pig.
Its a shame kids like you speak like this on social media.
A cursory glance thru your posting history shows you only joined mainstreetbank in December 2013. At that time i was already a mid-level officer in a larger bank having joined about 6-7 years prior. And yet i was uncomfortable with basic Nigerian banking ethics and practices, i resigned voluntarily and can honestly say its been the best decision of my life as i now have peace of mind not to mention constant electricity.
My observations are valid, if you join any Nigerian bank and fail to plan for the future, someday you too will come post here like this guy, but lets face it, how much are these entitlements really worth and what would they do in the lives of anyone? Is the OP really expecting Diamond bank to pay him 5mil?
We all see/saw what they do/did to people eased out before us, why should we expect different?
And instead of you to write coherently, you resort to calling me pig with a dirty mouth cos you have been a banker for all of 1 year and a half now? You suppose you know everything?
Kontinu

1 Like

Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by 234GT(m): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
Its normal that the bank debit you for unearned allowances, and credit you for accrued allowances. Both will be prorated. If your housing allowance paid in january is 700k, and you resigned at the end of september, the bank will debit you for 3/12 times 700k as allowance you did not earn for october to december.
I don't know about your payoff though!

1 Like

Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by Adesiji77: 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
Why D Bank
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by chimeziepaul: 9:39am On Jul 18, 2016
Hear yourself, you work for 6-7yrs, where is your mates. That why I called you a pig, I have not seen you but you look like one.

If u like, go to fbi and look at my history from birth, jobless man, say what concerns you. Pigg

gunpoint:

A cursory glance thru your posting history shows you only joined mainstreetbank in December 2013. At that time i was already a mid-level officer in a larger bank having joined about 6-7 years prior. And yet i was uncomfortable with basic Nigerian banking ethics and practices, i resigned voluntarily and can honestly say its been the best decision of my life as i now have peace of mind not to mention constant electricity.
My observations are valid, if you join any Nigerian bank and fail to plan for the future, someday you too will come post here like this guy, but lets face it, how much are these entitlements really worth and what would they do in the lives of anyone? Is the OP really expecting Diamond bank to pay him 5mil?
We all see/saw what they do/did to people eased out before us, why should we expect different?
And instead of you to write coherently, you resort to calling me pig with a dirty mouth cos you have been a banker for all of 1 year and a half now? You suppose you know everything?
Kontinu
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by gunpoint(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2016
chimeziepaul:

Hear yourself, you work for 6-7yrs, where is your mates. That why I called you a pig, I have not seen you but you look like one.

If u like, go to fbi and look at my history from birth, jobless man, say what concerns you. Pigg

Okay kid abi na oga banker, i know your likes, keyboard warrior.
Have a glamorous career
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by ThePeoplesChamp: 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
gunpoint:

Kontinu

Because I am asking for my rights, does not mean I have failed to plan or I am broke. Far from it.
In fact, I am one of the few who did not allow the bank to stop them from going on personal developments educationally. I also have my savings holed up somewhere.
But that doesn't mean I will run and withdraw it and pay for a loan I never took. In this economy. When it should be cushioning the effects of this sad occurrence.

The thing is, you rarely hear about what others are debited. There seems to be a culture of silence over what happens to a person when sacked. It was not long I learnt of some of the things that go on and I'm still learning.

The labour law decrees that we get terminal benefits. What has happened to that?
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by chimeziepaul: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
ThePeoplesChamp:

Because I am asking for my rights, does not mean I have failed to plan or I am broke. Far from it.
In fact, I am one of the few who did not allow the bank to stop them from going on personal developments educationally. I also have my savings holed up somewhere.
But that doesn't mean I will run and withdraw it and pay for a loan I never took. In this economy. When it should be cushioning the effects of this sad occurrence.

The thing is, you rarely hear about what others are debited. There seems to be a culture of silence over what happens to a person when sacked. It was not long I learnt of some of the things that go on and I'm still learning.

The labour law decrees that we get terminal benefits. What has happened to that?
leave that guy, na me fit am
Re: D Bank- Where Are Our Entitlements by gunpoint(m): 12:33am On Jul 19, 2016
ThePeoplesChamp:

Dude, you are not wrong, but what is the norm?
Forget what the law says, what is the norm? If banks have gotten away with it for 30 years before now, they will not start being reasonable now.
And i congratulate you on having the common sense to save up for a day like this, at the back of the minds of every banker, you must know a day like this will come.
Spend your savings wisely, i don't need to tell you finding another job in Nigeria is almost impossible.
As for the debit to your acct, forget about it, you did not take a loan, there is no contract of repayment agreed between you and the bank.

(1) (Reply)

Harsh Life Lessons Everyone Should Learn In Their 20s? / Promo- Itel Is Giving It1516 Plus For Free See More Details / Any Advice For A Young Architect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.