Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Any Advice For A Young Architect? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Advice For A Young Architect? (858 Views)

Man Shares How His Wife Who Is An Architect Suffers Sexism In Her Profession / Janet Bunor, A Young Female Pilot In Nigeria, Buzzing On Social Media (Photos) / Some Of My Designs As A Young Architect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Advice For A Young Architect? by jawsh(m): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good day all... I'm a fresh graduate of Architecture from University of Nigeria Nsukka and I recently relocated from Delta state to Lagos state for the sole purpose of nailing a job before Nysc (by march/ April next year)... Now I know some of you might say "just be patient, after you finish serving before you look for a job" but with the nature of my course of study (many architecture firms hire young architects even without their Nysc cert) and the situation of this country, I just want to get myself attached to an architectural firm anywhere, preferably in lagos but so far, that hasn't materialised yet... Although I've contacted some firms in lagos, but they genuinely weren't hiring not that I wasn't skilled enough or they wanted my Nysc certificate ... But the truth is, Architecture firms are naturally hard to locate (maybe that's why there are so many quacks nowadays) and for a 'Johnny just come' looking for an architecture firm in lagos is taking forever to come true... I also found out that most Architects who get to take a prodigy under their arms do that by referrals.... Now I've been in lagos for over a month now and my patience is slowly beginning to run thin... bear in mind, I'm the type of person that knows my onions yet always want to learn and improve (Cad educated, Autocad, Revit, 3ds Max, Lumion, etc) ... so far, ive been able to survive in lagos because of my previous freelance jobs.... Now I'm faced with going back home and wait till Nysc comes... Please Nairalanders, I need your assistance and advice... Thanks.

Joshua.
Re: Any Advice For A Young Architect? by nmreports: 7:19am On Nov 23, 2016
I believe you are thinking properly.
You seem very smart.
So believe in your choices and decisions.
So far you haven't made any wrong one in my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Talent And Skills Pays / . / Any One Working Or Knows About Gis/transport Ltd. Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.