Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,216 members, 7,849,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:17 AM

Spectranet ...release My Modem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet ...release My Modem (700 Views)

Please Help! I Did Airtel BB Subscription But It's Not Working On My Modem. / Ntel 4g Simcard- What Kind Of Modem Would It Work With? / Spectranet Increases Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spectranet ...release My Modem by damseremie(m): 1:04am On Jul 12, 2016
Hi
I have 2 of the small USB Modems(Dongles) that Spectranet sold when they opened.I have since bought a MiFi because they advised it.
However I currently want to use one of the smaller dongles to try out the Ntel Network in my area.
it's the C160 and i think it's made by some Asian Telco (http://www.asiatelco.com/en/product.asp?ClassId=64&Path=0%7C4%7C36%7C64%7C)
The modems are technically unlocked since they can see other networks but the part of the interface where the APN can be changed has a username and password.

The manual says the Service Provider would have the password, yet they keep evading

Isn't this hardware i paid for? Why should I not be able to use it?
Re: Spectranet ...release My Modem by Dclique(m): 3:33am On Jul 12, 2016
Your modem which is owned by your ISP is locked to their network. They wouldn't give you the unlock code because they don't wana loose subscribers.

You'll have to figure out a way to unlock it yourself. Do some research, GOOGLE is your friend.
Re: Spectranet ...release My Modem by damseremie(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2016
Dclique:
Your modem which is owned by your ISP is locked to their network. They wouldn't give you the unlock code because they don't wana loose subscribers.
You'll have to figure out a way to unlock it yourself. Do some research, GOOGLE is your friend.
Technically you own the modem since you bought it.
it isn't loaned or rented but that's a matter for another day....
As for unlocking, technically the modem isnt locked, if it was a Huawei or ZTE, it's a simple matter.
All they did is put in a password on the interface where you'll need to change the APN

(1) (Reply)

I NEED To Sell My 5-months Old Gionee S Plus / Help!!! How To Convert My MINI Sim Card NANO Sim Card / I've Been Refunded By MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.