Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Spectranet Increases Tariffs - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet Increases Tariffs (25671 Views)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / Why NCC Asked Big Operators To Raise Data Tariffs / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Habeebpain(m): 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
Spectranet LTE sent me a mail yesterday informing me of a revamp of their data plans. Firstly, they mentioned that they'll be scrapping data plans based on states and sticking to a unified plan for every location in Nigeria. That's not bad, but the shocker came when I checked their page for the new data plans effective from March 15, 2016. See image below.

The Lagos Knight plans don't exist anymore. The 7k plan for 20GB which works 24 hours a day also has been scrapped. Now the cheapest plan is 5k for 5GB and a plan similar to the Lagos Knight goes for N7500, gives you 20GB but runs from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. with no mention of 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.

While other internet service providers are offering more data for lesser amounts, Spectranet has chosen to increase costs and offer less data. Another fact that needs to be stated is that service is still pretty poor in a lot of locations (Ijegun is an example, where I only get one network bar). I'm not ready to pay more for a glorified 3G service and I know Nigerians are not ready to do the same.

So if you're against this, please share this post and let's hope we force them to rethink their actions.

12 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by ladyF(f): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
The idiotss are just introducing unlimited data at night sef when you do the 7k plan, when swift has been doing that for their 8k plan since 100BC.

I dey port abeg. Awon ole pipu angry

7 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Baroba(m): 1:13am On Mar 06, 2016
Naija na one rough country, 70k for one month 200gb data?.. Kai

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by latu: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2016
ladyF:
The idiotss are just introducing unlimited data at night sef when you do the 7k plan, when swift has been doing that for their 8k plan since 100BC.

I dey port abeg. Awon ole pipu angry
Pls wats swift
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by latu: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2016
Habeebpain:
Spectranet LTE sent me a mail yesterday informing me of a revamp of their data plans. Firstly, they mentioned that they'll be scrapping data plans based on states and sticking to a unified plan for every location in Nigeria. That's not bad, but the shocker came when I checked their page for the new data plans effective from March 15, 2016. See image below.

The Lagos Knight plans don't exist anymore. The 7k plan for 20GB which works 24 hours a day also has been scrapped. Now the cheapest plan is 5k for 5GB and a plan similar to the Lagos Knight goes for N7500, gives you 20GB but runs from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. with no mention of 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.

While other internet service providers are offering more data for lesser amounts, Spectranet has chosen to increase costs and offer less data. Another fact that needs to be stated is that service is still pretty poor in a lot of locations (Ijegun is an example, where I only get one network bar). I'm not ready to pay more for a glorified 3G service and I know Nigerians are not ready to do the same.

So if you're against this, please share this post and let's hope we force them to rethink their actions.
So how does one subscribe to the data plan, does it have a separate sim card
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by ladyF(f): 10:09am On Mar 06, 2016
latu:

Pls wats swift
They provide Internet services - WiFi, just like Spectranet and Smile does.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by nbolaji(m): 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
With shikini money I use this ISP PLANS unlimitedly (both SWIFT AND SPECTRANET)
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by nbolaji(m): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
latu:

So how does one subscribe to the data plan, does it have a separate sim card

You have to buy their dongle or mifi device.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
i subscribe the night plan for 4k 20GB time 6pm - 8am. This is has been increased to 7.5k while the time is reduced to 7pm to 7am. Am sorry spectranet, you have lost one loyal customer to Swift. I am going to acquire Swift mifi.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
who knows the current price of Swift mifi?
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Souljaboi1: 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
With 2500 NGN you get 4.5 GB on MTN; just that its segmented into day and night.

The data plans listed above are a joke and its surely going to affect their customer base.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by georgee(m): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
I am droppin my spectranet cos of ds crap increment

4 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by georgee(m): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
I am droppin my spectranet cos of ds crap increment.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Habeebpain(m): 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
georgee:
I am droppin my spectranet cos of ds crap increment.
Seems I'll be doing the same.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by jumpMANN44(m): 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
i am also droping dem, what nonsense. abi dollar don affect their mast too angry

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by dljbd1(m): 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
I've already dropped mine. Most likely porting to swift too
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by nani667: 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
Oya make una port enter Swift 4G LTE
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by franzis(m): 5:30am On Mar 08, 2016
joining the dropping it group, arrant nonsense...me wey dey manage pay 7k monthly for 20gb, now am seeing 10 k, make i check wetin smile and swift dey talk

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by acunon: 6:49am On Mar 08, 2016
Pls who can help me with swift data plans so I can choose ome
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by latu: 6:51am On Mar 08, 2016
nbolaji:
You have to buy their dongle or mifi device.
And it can be used on an Android device

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by otokx(m): 7:54am On Mar 08, 2016
Smile charges 36k for 50GB with 12 months validity so Spectranet is not doing badly. They better rush and come to PH especially the UNIPORT area.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 08, 2016
I am also dropping mine and porting to swift. They are useless for increasing terrif... this is pure madness
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by georgee(m): 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
Pls who has data plans and cost for SWIFT..My spectranet subsricption expires Mar 27 and i will not renew again..i no get 7,500 per month

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by solibayo: 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
Spectranet will soon die a very natural death if they don't back down on this madness called unified data crap.

Glo a mobile network for that matter sells 6gb for 3k official bundle and spectranet an ISP wants me to pay 3k for 2gb in 2016. Even Etisalat that has 4G masquerading as 3G charges 1k for 1gb.

I pray they die very fast to teach others who might be contemplating such moves a very hard lesson.

Smile 4G now has unlimited 24x7 plan for 19800. No data caps.

WiFi.ng has unlimited data 24x7 with US external ip for those in lekki and yaba area for just 9800 monthly.

Not to talk of the numerous cheats people use allover the place

Yet these morons have the guts to jack up prices and scrap favorable data plans saying it's the cheapest in the country, I wonder which country.

I pay 4k monthly for Knight cine which gives me 40gb....now they want me to pay 11k for the same 40gb night plan.....imagine!!!

My only pain is what to with my seriously accumulated data which is 201 GB as of this morning because I always do roll over. I wish I could transfer it to other subscribers

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by BedLam: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
Op forgot to tell us that the "value "plan which was for 7k is now 10k with unlimited in the night. I will say this is the best honestly. Having to spend 3 k for unlimited in the night is considered high ? Na WA o
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by georgee(m): 3:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
solibayo:
Spectranet will soon die a very natural death if they don't back down on this madness called unified data crap.
Glo a mobile network for that matter sells 6gb for 3k official bundle and spectranet an ISP wants me to pay 3k for 2gb in 2016. Even Etisalat that has 4G masquerading as 3G charges 1k for 1gb.
I pray they die very fast to teach others who might be contemplating such moves a very hard lesson.
Smile 4G now has unlimited 24x7 plan for 19800. No data caps.
WiFi.ng has unlimited data 24x7 with US external ip for those in lekki and yaba area for just 9800 monthly.
Not to talk of the numerous cheats people use allover the place
Yet these morons have the guts to jack up prices and scrap favorable data plans saying it's the cheapest in the country, I wonder which country.
I pay 4k monthly for Knight cine which gives me 40gb....now they want me to pay 11k for the same 40gb night plan.....imagine!!!
My only pain is what to with my seriously accumulated data which is 201 GB as of this morning because I always do roll over. I wish I could transfer it to other subscribers
Bro, i feel ur pain. I am so so angry and dissapointed in Spectranet. I wont renew my subsription when it expires Mar 27, i have over 50Gig left. i contacted SWIFT and they gave me their data plans and tarrif. This same Knight plan on Swift is 6K for 20GIG. So spectranet saying their product is the cheapest in the industry even after increment is a big lie. As for me, i am porting to Swift

4 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by nbolaji(m): 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
latu:

And it can be used on an Android device

yes it can
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by solibayo: 1:01am On Mar 09, 2016
BedLam:
Op forgot to tell us that the "value "plan which was for 7k is now 10k with unlimited in the night. I will say this is the best honestly. Having to spend 3 k for unlimited in the night is considered high ? Na WA o

We know your types....most likely a sycophant spectranet staff. It's folks like you that run companies down because you don't tell the management the truth or maybe you are even part of the management.

How can anyone in their right senses say these are the cheapest plans in the country.....this same Nigeria?

For your information, Swift your closest competitor has been offering an unlimited plan since 2014 for 8k with 34 GB data for daytime use and this your mumu spectranet now introduces the same plan in 2016 for 10k with just 20gb data.

Glo which has NATIONWIDE coverage sells 6gb data for 3k but your Ogogoro network wants us to pay 3k for 2gb in 2016 with their tiny network coverage.

Hope you won't find yourself on the job market soon because I can assure you many people would abandon this your glorified 3G network sharply so you can enjoy your 20gb data for 10k!

When the critical mass of your subscribers migrate, your network might then be sold for scraps to more serious entities

Rubbish!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by BedLam: 5:22am On Mar 09, 2016
solibayo:

We know your types....most likely a sycophant spectranet staff. It's folks like you that run companies down because you don't tell the management the truth or maybe you are even part of the management.

How can anyone in their right senses say these are the cheapest plans in the country.....this same Nigeria?

For your information, Swift your closest competitor has been offering an unlimited plan since 2014 for 8k with 34 GB data for daytime use and this your mumu spectranet now introduces the same plan in 2016 for 10k with just 20gb data.

Glo which has NATIONWIDE coverage sells 6gb data for 3k but your Ogogoro network wants us to pay 3k for 2gb in 2016 with their tiny network coverage.

Hope you won't find yourself on the job market soon because I can assure you many people would abandon this your glorified 3G network sharply so you can enjoy your 20gb data for 10k!

When the critical mass of your subscribers migrate, your network might then be sold for scraps to more serious entities

Rubbish!

Eyaah. Poor thing. Grow up.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 09, 2016
Where's that hommie preaching against the usage of cheats? He should come here and say something. I'm sure he will skip this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by solibayo: 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
BedLam:
Eyaah. Poor thing. Grow up.

Gotcha....pretentious spectranet staff.

Anyways when you've run your company aground contact me, i'll employ you solely on the ground that you must tell me the truth at all times no matter how bitter and I met your pretentious behind on NL

SMH

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink / Hack Your Nokia S60v3/v5 In Less Than 3mins Without Cert & Key / Gionee Declares Bankruptcy, Enters Liquidation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.