Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,378 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds (1780 Views)

Receive Funds You’re Going To Need In Order To Obtain A Motor Vehicle Finance / Paypal Still Not Allowing Nigerians To Receive Funds... Here Is What You Can Do / Thousands Of Zimbabweans Lose Money As MMM Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by 2sexynet: 7:04am On Jul 12, 2016
Isn't this insanity?

In 2014, PayPal launched its service in Nigeria, around the same time, it was also launched in Zimbabwe and some selected African countries. The U.S online payments system deactivated the “receive funds” feature on the service, limiting users to only make and send payments.

While Nigeria has the biggest market, PayPal leapfrogged the country, and enabled the “receive funds” features for Zimbabweans. It is not clear why the most requested PayPal functionality can’t still be accessed by Nigerians and no logical reason has been given by the so-called U.S Company.

Nigerians should not lose hope however, our source says the service will become available for Nigerians before the end of 2016 and this should be a huge relief for a lot of folks who to a very large extent depends on PayPal for the existence of their business.

Source: http://www.techrez.com/paypal-dumps-nigerians-allows-zimbabweans-receive-funds/

Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by 2sexynet: 7:15am On Jul 12, 2016
Here is more news from Zimbabwe angry sad

[size=25pt]Finally: here’s how to receive money through PayPal in Zimbabwe…[/size]

For a couple of years now PayPal has been ‘active’ in Zimbabwe. Yes, some of you that are across rivers and bridges may sigh and say ‘big deal, so what?’, but this has been a struggle for us, not only as residents in Zimbabwe, but even for mere visitors to our land.

Getting paid through PayPal is not easy for a Zimbabwean bank/card account holder, as some have had to have relatives open bank accounts for them in friendly nations and then have them trading under another name, albeit against PayPal’s T&Cs that don’t allow you to do this. But hey, we’re Zimbo, we make a plan.

Anyhow, we’re constantly contacted by Zimbabweans here wanting to know how they can trade using the international payment gateway, whether selling digitally or even physical goods. Sadly our answer pointed to the famous Grade 1 answers – “it can’t”.

Well that seems to have change, at least when I managed to register an account today that allows me to both send and receive payments, while in Zimbabwe, using my own account.

I’m not sure how long this has been active (it might have been possible from day one) but what I do know is that a host of opportunities are opened because of this.

Well, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, here’s how to go about opening your PayPal account in Zimbabwe that will allow you to receive funds:

Visit PayPal.com
Opt to Sign Up
Select Business Account, then click Continue
Enter the email address you’d like to register*
Fill in your information** (Enter 9990 for post code)
Advise what type of business it is (Private Company)
Select what category it’s in, together with Sub-Category, add if there’s a website you’ll be trading from and when the business was established
Give the details of the account holder (their Date of Birth, Nationality and Home Address – if different from the work address)
Click Set Up Account and when you get in, on the top right, you’ll see a bell that has a ‘1’ indicating that you need to submit additional information. Fill in that information
Go confirm your email address by clicking on the confirmation link that they send you
Link a bank card to the account. I used the Payoneer MasterCard (referral link), that will allow me to receive money in the US as opposed to a local Zimbabwean bank account.* I used an email address that had not yet been used on PayPal, I’m sure you could ‘convert a registered email address
** This should be the owner of the Business account
Now you can start transacting online using PayPal and if you want to test that it works be sure to share your email address that’s linked to PayPal and have a friend or two send you a few dollars to ‘test’.

Be advised that when receiving PayPal payments, the Merchant/Receiver is the bearer of costs and you need to calculate whether this is with the while for you.

If there is anything else you interested in knowing, or would want to share, please feel free to hit the comment button and post below.

Source: http://www.techzim.co.zw/2016/07/finally-heres-how-to-receive-money-through-paypal-in-zimbabwe/#.V4SJtrgrLIV

Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by aleshsenior2000(m): 7:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Nice work Op. It's either they are not ready for Nigeria or they are afraid of Nigerian. Na them sabi.
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by Donald3d(m): 7:40am On Jul 12, 2016
A Nigerian holds a very key position in Paypal ,She should intercede for us na .What's that her name again sef
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by dollaflow(m): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2016
Aigoooo
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by warrenweste(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2016
PayPal complained that it's the Nigerian Fg that restricts us from receiving funds.. U can mail them to inquire

4 Likes

Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by EnterPRO: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2016
CBN should rethink their stance on PayPal already.

Especially now the country needs more dollars.
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by 2sexynet: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2016
warrenweste:
PayPal complained that it's the Nigerian Fg that restricts us from receiving funds.. U can mail them to inquire
Yeah, I have heard that too. Doesn't that explain that our financial body haven't moved with time? They do not know how much Nigerians across the country now make per day from various internet ventures.

Can you certainly say that Nigeria's internet marketing hub as much as $1M month?
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by puskin: 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
warrenweste:

I refuse to believe this.

How come Skrill that just started allowing Nigerians to register on their site just few months ago and Neteller allow us to withdraw to our Nigerian bank DOM. accounts.

2 Likes

Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by warrenweste(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
puskin:

How come Skrill that just started allowing Nigerians to register on their site just few months ago and Neteller allow us to withdraw to our Nigerian bank DOM. accounts.

I was confused as well when PayPal told me that and still find it hard to believe, they said Till when the fg allow them that's when they will allow us..

And have u been able yo withdraw directly into your Dom account on skrill? If so how many days did it take to get to you Dom account?
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by 2sexynet: 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
warrenweste:

I was confused as well when PayPal told me that and still find it hard to believe, they said Till when the fg allow them that's when they will allow us..

And have u been able yo withdraw directly into your Dom account on skrill? If so how many days did it take to get to you Dom account?
There is a chance that Paypal is lying because it is not like any money coming to the dom account will be restricted because it has Paypal as the payer.

They aren't being truthful like someone said. If escrow.com, sedo.com, neteller.com, fiverr.com, skrill.com can create an option for wire transfer on their platforms, paypal does not have an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by 2sexynet: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
puskin:

Thanks for this insight jare. I never really thought in that direction before agreeing to the other guy's post. You post is cogent enough.
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by MrFootball(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
guys, is it nt possible to link ur payoneer card to ur paypal acct and therefore make withdrawals to naija
Same as d zimbabweans na
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by 2sexynet: 10:18am On Jul 13, 2016
MrFootball:
guys, is it nt possible to link ur payoneer card to ur paypal acct and therefore make withdrawals to naija
Same as d zimbabweans na
you will get your account closed. smiley
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by MrFootball(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2016
2sexynet:
you will get your account closed. smiley
wow sad dats so unfair.
I guess webmoney, skrill etc are better options den
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by 2sexynet: 11:04am On Jul 13, 2016
MrFootball:

wow sad dats so unfair.
I guess webmoney, skrill etc are better options den
lol... paypal is still the king, they are have the people's trust than the ones you mentioned and that is where they have edge of others which is what they are leveraging on. They are the pioneer as well smiley
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by MrFootball(m): 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
2sexynet:
lol... paypal is still the king, they are have the people's trust than the ones you mentioned and that is where they have edge of others which is what they are leveraging on. They are the pioneer as well smiley
wow. No wonder dey disrespect naija anyhow
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by 2sexynet: 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
MrFootball:

wow. No wonder dey disrespect naija anyhow
lol. Actually Naija caused it.
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by MrFootball(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2016
2sexynet:
really? Hw pls
Re: Paypal Dumps Nigeria, Allow Zimbabweans To Receive Funds by MrFootball(m): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2016
2sexynet:
really? Hw pls

(1) (Reply)

MMM Is A Scam / Good Staking Plan / Quality Palm Kernel Nuts Available For Sale in Tons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.