Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns (22416 Views)

Meet Toyin Joseph Who Empowers Students Through Zion Study Centre / Don’t Play With Fire, Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns. / I Scored 199 In The Ongoing JAMB Not 399 - Ibrahim Shamwilu From Kogi (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
Emeraldcute:

depends on the course, if ur course is soo competive, even 250 might nt fetch u admission but if ur course is less competive 180 might fetch u admission
ur intelligent. I just like how you think. Are you single?

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by ztarlord(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
they cancelled post utme buh not screening
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by edoboy74(m): 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
This system is total rubbish... At least before a candidtate seat for an exam he or she must have been informed about criteria needed for admission...every candidates priority before JAMB was to score above 180 or 200 and above in other to create eligibility for PUME... Now the stupid FG just popped up with a very useless idea where candidates that score 186 will be admitted leaving behind another that scores 220 a in the name of a particular course cut off mark... If this candidates where informed about this blatant system and at least let them know every course now has it cut off mark, I bet you 90% will opt in for a change of course to further their chance of admission in relation to their jamb score and course cut off mark... Now those with 220 won't be admitted and some with 189 will be admitted... Like I use to say, the destiny of any average Nigerian lays In the arms of our government. They now decide our future...

2 Likes

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Kobicove(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
I wonder why it too so long for the Federal Government to realise that admission into Nigerian universities should only be through JAMB
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Shabib(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
edoboy74:
This system is total rubbish... At least before a candidtate seat for an exam he or she must have been informed about criteria needed for admission...every candidates priority before JAMB was to score above 180 or 200 and above in other to create eligibility for PUME... Now the stupid FG just popped up with a very useless idea where candidates that score 186 will be admitted leaving behind another that scores 220 a in the name of a particular course cut off mark... If this candidates where informed about this blatant system and at least let them know every course now has it cut off mark, I bet you 90% will opt in for a change of course to further their chance of admission in relation to their jamb score and course cut off mark... Now those with 220 won't be admitted and some with 189 will be admitted... Like I use to say, the destiny of any average Nigerian lays In the arms of our government. They now decide our future...

You're the only one that have spoken to my liking (with wisdom) since page 0

2 Likes

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Shabib(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
edoboy74:

You're the only one that have spoken to my liking (with wisdom) since page 0.
More brain, bro.

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by asoebi(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
edoboy74:

This is sensible
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
edoboy74:
This Makes sense.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by DonMekino(m): 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
I still don't get it....if a sch has 5000 qualified applicants for a course....wat happens den especially wen d carrying capacity of such course in d sch is abt 300
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by krozay(m): 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
Meanwhile mouau will take their screening test next week while jamb having giving any student that registered with the school- admission
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Kenobus: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is one of the best thing that the Buhari led Govt has done. Cudos to Buhari and the Education Minister.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Kenobus: 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is one of the best things that the Buhari led Govt has done. Cudos to Buhari and the Education Minister.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Akjr(m): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hmmmmmmm, if no post utme, m cool wit dat. Bt biko, mk e no back fire on students plz.. Av been@home since 2014 na.... M tired stayn@hom
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by wilyparker(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
mr2kay:
This is the best thing I've seen since I was born from the federal governnent.now we can get admitted like our parents did Not stupid putme
when your parents wrote waec and jamb was examination malpractice prevalent as it is today? ask your self this question..
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Akjr(m): 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Emeraldcute:

depends on the course, if ur course is soo competive, even 250 might nt fetch u admission but if ur course is less competive 180 might fetch u admission
art students are on disadvantage like serious. U knw hw art r plenty in numbrs yr by yrs.... N dis might b so hard for arts... Well tnk to Jah. I saw mine. Atlist Hope dei

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Obiwiz(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
dedons:
Admission by JAMB

Under this useless APC led government

Just watch as 80percent of those who will be admitted into universities nationwide will be from the North.

Evil Change.
Lol. Entering isn't the problem. The question is, how many will agree and/or work hard to remain in school until dey complete dia program?
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by dview001(m): 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
Pls I need response asap does it mean dat candidate that av bin posted are officially admitted?
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Princealex1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
delishpot:

As usual. Some schools may need you seat for JAMB plus your OND or other degree cert. While others just need your application and your degree cert

Theres has never been a case where utme/jamb exam was a pre-requisite for a direct entry applicant,jamb and direct entry r two different methods of gaining admission to a uni they dont complement each other
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by delishpot: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
Princealex1:

Theres has never been a case where utme/jamb exam was a pre-requisite for a direct entry applicant,jamb and direct entry r two different methods of gaining admission to a uni they dont complement each other

When I did mine, I just bought the direct entry form and that was it. But years later I think someone told me that even direct entry students are expected to write Jamb. Or O may be mistaken maybe it is Post UTME? I no sabi again O. Anyway, thank you for the information. You Don try.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Princealex1(m): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
delishpot:

When I did mine, I just bought the direct entry form and that was it. But years later I think someone told me that even direct entry students are expected to write Jamb. Or O may be mistaken maybe it is Post UTME? I no sabi again O. Anyway, thank you for the information. You Don try.

U r welcome

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by AbuSaad39(m): 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
delishpot:

As usual. Some schools may need you seat for JAMB plus your OND or other degree cert. While others just need your application and your degree cert
Yeah. I grab, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by ademusiwa12: 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
[size=28pt]i think some of you lack the meaning of the word pre jamb and post jamb.

post jamb meaning after jamb have given admissions candidate who fail to get admission from jamb will now seek admissions to any universities which can give them .[/size]
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by loswhite(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
duduade:

Watch and see many students have carry overs and eventually spend more years in schools
so post utme stopped students from getting carry over right?
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Emeraldcute(f): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Shabib:

Are you part of those giving admission? How do you know if that's the criteria?

ekunda are u vexting me undecided
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Shabib(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
Emeraldcute:

ekunda are u vexting me undecided
you say?
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Shabib(m): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
ademusiwa12:
[size=28pt]i think some of you lack the meaning of the word pre jamb and post jamb.

post jamb meaning after jamb have given admissions candidate who fail to get admission from jamb will now seek admissions to any universities which can give them .[/size]

What's this one saying? When/where was it done like you said?

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by furthest(m): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
I think the whole posting depends on the right subject combination. That's why some student with high score haven't been posted already, and let's not forget jamb is with our waec result. So let's just hope and pray. Thanks
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Xcellentuso: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
Buhari jst leave PuMe alone hw e tey affect u?
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
mr2kay:
This is the best thing I've seen since I was born from the federal governnent.now we can get admitted like our parents did Not stupid putme
most schools are still do that post ume thing oh!!9ja don cast men!

they will tell you to pay for the exercises later when everything is finished
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by bobbybrown007: 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Seuncoded:
The Federal Ministry of Education on Monday sent a strong-worded statement to Nigerian universities, warning them that only the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) can admit students.

The Director, Press and Public Relations, in the ministry, Mr. Ben Goong, stated that any institution that acted against the directive would have itself to blame.

He denied media reports that the earlier decision to cancel post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) was upturned.

The ministry insisted that universities “had no business admitting candidates other than those sent to it by JAMB but could screen candidates to remove those with anti-social traits and suspicious credentials”.

The federal government said while the ban on post-UTME stayed, screening was only for those admitted by JAMB and limited to examination of credentials and physical examination of candidates to ensure that they are not of questionable characters.

“All these should be done upon resumption. No university is allowed to have anything to do with any applicant who is not its student. Screening and registration are only for those who have been admitted by JAMB,” the ministry stressed.

https://ngschoolportal..com/2016/07/dont-play-with-fire-admit-students.html
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Drienzia: 5:08am On Jul 13, 2016
pagorino:
but sm applicants hv not been posted yet mean while schools r already sending 4 screening. pls d fed govt should do smtin abt dz n jamb should also update their portal concerning those dat hv not been gvn provisional addmsn.. #asap pls. ppl are frustrated n hoping.
if u ve not been posted yet, means you should remain in the school you filled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protest At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma Over School Fees Increment (Pics) / Lost Bsc Certificate. Pls Help / Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.