Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns (22385 Views)

Meet Toyin Joseph Who Empowers Students Through Zion Study Centre / Don’t Play With Fire, Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns. / I Scored 199 In The Ongoing JAMB Not 399 - Ibrahim Shamwilu From Kogi (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by mr2kay(m): 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Daniluv2k4:
Adamu or idamu...woteva u call yasef... Dix system is nt eppin
y
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by duduade: 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Seuncoded:

who told you that

Watch and see many students have carry overs and eventually spend more years in schools

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Johnny19: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Another twist in the tale...its getting interesting on daily basis
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by kings09(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Really? Jamb don turn Nysc cheesy. But pls if u later knw how d posting is done, kindly educate us cos evrytin abt dis govt na hide hide n secret evrywhr. So tay na secret recruitment n now it's secret admission
Spells:
Some have being posted and some aren't posted yet.. Those that score 180 hav bin posted n some who scored 250 n above hav not being posted... How is the posting done
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Dapsin2901: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Good talk
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Spells(m): 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
kings09:
Really? Jamb don turn Nysc cheesy. But pls if u later knw how d posting is done, kindly educate us cos evrytin abt dis govt na hide hide n secret evrywhr. So tay na secret recruitment n now it's secret admission
This government na secret agent government no b dat oh.... I taya for them oh
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by ideaz: 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
Good development in my own opinion.... Our federal universities were becoming more corrupt than the Nigeria itself. The Post-UTME was a scam in many schools.

I prefer how it happened in my time. Pass JAMB and resume without haven to know any lecturer or sort anyone. Screen the O-Level result and let qualified candidates prove themselves or bow out along the line.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by AbuSaad39(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
What about DE students, how are they going to be admitted? Response please.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by olive282(f): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
dedons:
Admission by JAMB

Under this useless APC led government

Just watch as 80percent of those who will be admitted into universities nationwide will be from the North.

Evil Change.

U jst talked lik an unintelligent human being...how does this evn mk sense?...d admission is given based on jamb scores pls...

3 Likes

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Apreal: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Seuncoded:
The Federal Ministry of Education on Monday sent a strong-worded statement to Nigerian universities, warning them that only the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) can admit students.

The Director, Press and Public Relations, in the ministry, Mr. Ben Goong, stated that any institution that acted against the directive would have itself to blame.

He denied media reports that the earlier decision to cancel post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) was upturned.

The ministry insisted that universities “had no business admitting candidates other than those sent to it by JAMB but could screen candidates to remove those with anti-social traits and suspicious credentials”.

The federal government said while the ban on post-UTME stayed, screening was only for those admitted by JAMB and limited to examination of credentials and physical examination of candidates to ensure that they are not of questionable characters.

“All these should be done upon resumption. No university is allowed to have anything to do with any applicant who is not its student. Screening and registration are only for those who have been admitted by JAMB,” the ministry stressed.

https://ngschoolportal..com/2016/07/dont-play-with-fire-admit-students.html

They are not even among the first best 1000 Universities with all there sakara mtwwwwww
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by totorimi: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
This order is nothing other than the celebration of mediocrity. This is to allow the same old quota system that has held the nation down to continue rather allow the best and most qualified, they want to continue to use JAMB and the catchment area syndrome.

Onething is clear is they dont allow these parasites to leave us alone they will end us pulling us all down to be like them and behave like them. A life where nothing else matters and nothing is worth dying for. A take it as you see it lifestyle, a complacent and average lifestyle. They should just go and let us excel and discover the moon like our counterparts in India and other countries of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Daodudavid(m): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Daniluv2k4:
Adamu or idamu...woteva u call yasef... Dix system is nt eppin
please may I know why its not helping?
that's the big problem of we Nigerians we don't ever wanna accept a drastic change rather we prefer our regular style of due things while other country move from an obsolete to an upgraded!! bro please state your reason on fact I am all ears

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by idris4r83(m): 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
That's means pre-degree programs have been scrapped.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by dedons: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
olive282:

U jst talked lik an unintelligent human being...how does this evn mk sense?...d admission is given based on jamb scores pls...
can you see how stupid you are?

Don't you think I have my freedom of speech and expression?

You better mind your business before you die of unnecessary pains.

Od£.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by princedare(m): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
idris4r83:
Automatically
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by parkparky(m): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
Pls who knws d criteria for posting? Is there a cutoff point for courses?
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Shabib(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
This system is an arrant nonsense.
If they're really gonna make use of this system, it should be made clear how the scores are gonna be calculated so each candidate can calculate his or her score.
Most importantly, cut offs for each course in each school should be made available so each candidate can determine his or her chance of being posted to his or her school of choice.
God bless Nigeria.
Peace.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
God bless PMB for dis action
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by ideaz: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
idris4r83:

I do not think so.

DE has always been there well before this Post-UTME thing started and will always been there. The schools know the defined process around the DE enrollment. Relax!
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by 9rad(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
undecided

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Emeraldcute(f): 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Spells:
Some have being posted and some aren't posted yet.. Those that score 180 hav bin posted n some who scored 250 n above hav not being posted... How is the posting done

depends on the course, if ur course is soo competive, even 250 might nt fetch u admission but if ur course is less competive 180 might fetch u admission

2 Likes

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by SUNFLX(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
great move by d government

thnx to yuh d honourable minister
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Shabib(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Emeraldcute:

depends on the course, if ur course is soo competive, even 250 might nt fetch u admission but if ur course is less competive 180 might fetch u admission

Are you part of those giving admission? How do you know if that's the criteria?
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
Spells:

bros its calculated with points. some of the criteria are 1 no of sittings in ur level. your o level grade, ur jamb score etc so weda u score 850 for jamb but u have two sittings olevel person wen score 180 for jamb and the olevel is one sitting get higher point.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by asoebi(m): 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
This policy is too secretive. As I type I've seen someone with 181 a score lower compared to mine being posted for admission same school, same course. How come? Note I'm from a state which qualify as both catchment and ELDS for the said institution.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by neocortex: 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
Daodudavid:

please may I know why its not helping?
that's the big problem of we Nigerians we don't ever wanna accept a drastic change rather we prefer our regular style of due things while other country move from an obsolete to an upgraded!! bro please state your reason on fact I am all ears

Tell me which reasonable government dictates to the universities
on how to admit their students ?

Change is evil if the result will be chaos.

The only people happy with this directive are those afraid of failing
Post-UTME.
Tertiary institutions must be allowed to determine their own admission process.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by P0intBlank(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Why not admit students based on their UME and O-level results alone? Is it only for political appointments that "merit" counts?
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by asoebi(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
neocortex:

Tell me which reasonable government dictates to the universities
on how to admit their students ?

Change is evil if the result will be chaos.

The only people happy with this directive are those afraid of failing
Post-UTME.
Tertiary institutions must be allowed to determine their own admission process.

Seconded
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by delishpot: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
AbuSaad39:
What about DE students, how are they going to be admitted? Response please.

As usual. Some schools may need you seat for JAMB plus your OND or other degree cert. While others just need your application and your degree cert

1 Like

Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by Shabib(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
nunogomez:

bros its calculated with points. some of the criteria are 1 no of sittings in ur level. your o level grade, ur jamb score etc so weda u score 850 for jamb but u have two sittings olevel person wen score 180 for jamb and the olevel is one sitting get higher point.

It seems you were not following the news. They later said they were not using the point system and that they were only reviewing it as it was used in some schools.
Bro, get your facts right.
Re: Admit Students Through JAMB Not Post-utme – FG Warns by maleekfrenzy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
Emeraldcute:

you are very correct

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Does UNICAL Calculate Their 4.0 Grading System? / Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba 2012/2013 New And Pre Degree / University Of Calabar Retires Professor For Plagiarism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.