Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Confused - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confused (1057 Views)

Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? / Please Help A Confused Nairalander Before It's Too Late / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused by dalaman: 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
The death of the Morning Preacher in Abuja made me have second thoughts about christians and the their so called belief. Instead of celebrating that one of their foot soldiers was killed and has gone to be with Jesus most were cursing her killers and complaining that Justice must be served. I thought Jesus had already warned christians that they will suffer persecution because of him. Why do christian fear death instead of always praying for a fast aND painless death so that they can go to heaven and be with their God? Just came across this post on another thread and decided to share it here because it very well says what I want to say about christians and their irrational fear of death despite claiming they want to go and be with their God.

mazaje:
What suprises me about christians especially is their love of life and irrational fear of death. If they truly believe their religion is true why do they fear death soooo much? Christians pray endlessly for the silliest of things. They know they will die yet constantly pray that they don't. When they are sick instead of praying for a quick and painless death they pray for quick recovery so that they will continue to live. When sick they still fast and pray to get well and live. This is very silly because most christians claim to want to be with the loved ones they lost. They claim they love Jesus soooo much and will want to be with him. They love god soooo much and wil also want to be with him. They offer praises to god as the best things that has ever happend to them and will want to get to be with him. They can't wait to go to heaven. But when they see danger or anything that will kill them and make them go to heaven they will pray, cry, wail and ask their god to spare their lives and make them continue to live. Why is that so?

Even many of them that can't wait for the rapture and believe it will happen in their life times don't want to die. Go to their houses and see how they are praying shouting and crying to their god to save their lives and the life of their sick ones or those that are facing death in one way or the other. They claim they love jesus and cant wait to be with him, cant wait for the rapture yet, on their death beds they want nothing more than to live.

In the end there is a part of their brain that tells them" Ohh I know thats probably bullshit". . .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confused by KingEbukaNaija: 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven - Tuface

This thread does not really make sense , it's just natural to be afraid of dying , it's no big deal so I don't get why a thread should be opened to address something natural .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confused by hahn(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven - Tuface

This thread does not really make sense , it's just natural to be afraid of dying , it's no big deal so I don't get why a thread should be opened to address something natural .

Why should you be scared when you know you are going to a better place? A paradise filled with all goodies that can't be found on earth? To live eternally in the bosoms of the Lord?

undecided

5 Likes

Re: Confused by dalaman: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
hahn:

Why should you be scared when you know you are going to a better place? A paradise filled with all goodies that can't be found on earth? To live eternally in the bosoms of the Lord?

undecided

Please help me ask him oo. You guys claim that this world is not your home. You have a much better place where there is no pain and sorrow and a loving God to spend time with there. Instead of happily going there they cry and wail when they are supposed to always pray for a fast and speedy death always. They instead pray for longer lives and all sort of things that will make them remain on earth instead of praying for a fast and speedy death to go and be with Jesus in the afterlife. They clearly do not believe in what they are preaching. Muslims can not wait to go and be with Allah and his promised virgins. They wrap bombs round themselves and hurry up the process,but christians will cry and wail all day when they are in danger of losing their lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
I ain't gonna say a word.........lipsrsealed

But have you noticed that it's those cowering behind that tend to whisper prayers

2 Likes

Re: Confused by johnydon22(m): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
Believers of a paradise in an everlasting afterlife are the only set of people i know who still are afraid and don't want to leave their meaningless earthly houses in a troublesome world and go to a serene blissful paradise with golden mansions.

I mean literally it's like not wanting to leave your small one room apartment for a big beautiful mansion in Banana Island - who does that?

Maybe after all they are even unsure of the belief in afterlife and paradise..

The way they fear death makes one wonder, do they really believe what they preach?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Confused by damogulxx: 10:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
Christianity is a growth process because faith grows. There are believers who have overcome the fear of death and I am one of such examples. Some have not.

Same way you have atheists who do not believe in evolution while others do so are believers when it comes to the issue of death.

There are few perfect believers so you cannot judge a believer yet with the perfect word of God in their imperfection.

This thread is childish as all you aim to do is not learn but simply mock. If you reply me I will not respond because I have said all I need to say.

Enjoy your Atheistic years while they last.

1 Like

Re: Confused by dalaman: 1:35am On Jul 13, 2016
damogulxx:
Christianity is a growth process because faith grows. There are believers who have overcome the fear of death and I am one of such examples. Some have not.

Same way you have atheists who do not believe in evolution while others do so are believers when it comes to the issue of death.

There are few perfect believers so you cannot judge a believer yet with the perfect word of God in their imperfection.

This thread is childish as all you aim to do is not learn but simply mock. If you reply me I will not respond because I have said all I need to say.

You've just denied so many things we see around us as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Confused by dalaman: 1:38am On Jul 13, 2016
johnydon22:
Believers of a paradise in an everlasting afterlife are the only set of people i know who still are afraid and don't want to leave their meaningless earthly houses in a troublesome world and go to a serene blissful paradise with golden mansions.

I mean literally it's like not wanting to leave your small one room apartment for a big beautiful mansion in Banana Island - who does that?

Maybe after all they are even unsure of the belief in afterlife and paradise..

The way they fear death makes one wonder, do they really believe what they preach?

Its obvious they are unsure of their beliefs. How can you bit want to go to heaven . Believers are supposed to be praying for fast and painless death to come their way, so that we will know that they mean business .

2 Likes

Re: Confused by kevoh(m): 7:48am On Jul 13, 2016
Which christians? These ones that the only thing they know is how to bribe their god with tithes and first fruits for some earthly riches when the golden mansions promised to them are wasting away. These ones love earthly pleasures like kilode. Private jets, porsche cars, birthday in exotic locations e.t.c are the only thing they know. The only ones I take serious are the ones who have left their comfort zones to work with organisations like Doctors without Border in disease, famine or war torn ravaged zones. These ones know they can die anytime from being infected or taken hostage by rebel warlords but yet they still travel down to help those in need. These are the ones that are truly sure of their belief.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused by Niflheim(m): 8:29am On Jul 13, 2016
Is it the same "hypocritical christians" who will insist they are not a religion, but any new country they enter, they will apply for a "RELIGIOUS TAX EXEMPTION FORM"!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused by hahn(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2016
dalaman:

Please help me ask him oo. You guys claim that this world is not your home. You have a much better place where there is no pain and sorrow and a loving God to spend time with there. Instead of happily going there they cry and wail when they are supposed to always pray for a fast and speedy death always. They instead pray for longer lives and all sort of things that will make them remain on earth instead of praying for a fast and speedy death to go and be with Jesus in the afterlife. They clearly do not believe in what they are preaching. Muslims can not wait to go and be with Allah and his promised virgins. They wrap bombs round themselves and hurry up the process,but christians will cry and wail all day when they are in danger of losing their lives.

Lol.

That was how I was taking a stroll with my born again aunty in Warri. We were supposed to cross the road and as a Lagos boy I crossed sharp sharp only to look back hoping to see the woman and she was still on the other side. I almost had to stop traffic just so she could cross undecided

When she eventually did I asked her, "mama, why are you so scared to cross?" and she said, "ah, I don't want these drivers to hit me na". I said, "shuo, I thought you are a born again. Are you not supposed to be looking forward to death". Her reply, a scowl and "silence". grin

damogulxx:

No one has ever claimed that evolution is DIVINE and from any supreme being. It is subject to scrutiny and all atheists can think freely for themselves. There is a reason why we are referred to as FREEthinkers undecided We do not have any holy book guiding us. Besides, you do not BELIEVE evolution, you UNDERSTAND it or you don't. Just like you do not BELIEVE in maths, you UNDERSTAND it.

I thought no one was perfect aside from god undecided

Lol. Read and understand sir.

Enjoy your delusion while it lasts tongue

2 Likes

Re: Confused by dalaman: 8:52am On Jul 13, 2016
kevoh:
Which christians? These ones that the only thing they know is how to bribe their god with tithes and first fruits for some earthly riches when the golden mansions promised to them are wasting away. These ones love earthly pleasures like kilode. Private jets, porsche cars, birthday in exotic locations e.t.c are the only thing they know. The only ones I take serious are the ones who have left their comfort zones to work with organisations like Doctors without Border in disease, famine or war torn ravaged zones. These ones know they can die anytime from being infected or taken hostage by rebel warlords but yet they still travel down to help those in need. These are the ones that are truly sure of their belief.

The greatest con artist are the Nigerian pastors and GOs. The ones that move around with body guards even inside their churches . These guys actually do not believe in the God they profess. If God protects what do you need a body guard for? They know the truth and reality but keep deceiving the commoners with sweet words while they live in comfort and luxury.

3 Likes

Re: Confused by kevoh(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2016
dalaman:

The greatest con artist are the Nigerian pastors and GOs. The ones that move around with body guards even inside their churches . These guys actually do not believe in the God they profess. If God protects what do you need a body guard for? They know the truth and reality but keep deceiving the commoners with sweet words while they live in comfort and luxury.

That's because they live for themselves alone and love things of the world. Only Celebrities, Drug barons, Presidents e.t.c roll with bodyguards. Others that have employed bodyguards are those usually in the practice of uttering controversial statements that could stir unrest and riots which is where I would have given them a bit of slack but the average Nigerian con artist Pastor preaches Properity, Prosperity and more Prosperity. Nothing controversial there.

Here's a quote I got from a website ( http://nehandaradio.com/2014/08/25/should-preachers-have-bodyguards/ ) which pretty sums everything up:

If you pastor a large church and know you don’t have enough faith to believe God for supernatural (angelic) protection in a sticky situation, then go ahead and get yourself a good bodyguard. No use trying to be a hero and ending up a zero. Ignore the critics and do what you need to do. tongue

1 Like

Re: Confused by oteneaaron(m): 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
kevoh:

That's because they live for themselves alone and love things of the world. Only Celebrities, Drug barons, Presidents e.t.c roll with bodyguards. Others that have employed bodyguards are those usually in the practice of uttering controversial statements that could stir unrest and riots which is where I would have given them a bit of slack but the average Nigerian con artist Pastor preaches Properity, Prosperity and more Prosperity. Nothing controversial there.

Here's a quote I got from a website ( http://nehandaradio.com/2014/08/25/should-preachers-have-bodyguards/ ) which pretty sums everything up:

So lemme get you right. Preaching prosperity isn't wrong in itself or wah?

They give their sermons based on what the masses [b]want to hear[\b]

what was that the message Jesus asked his disciples to preach about

Christianity has become a Joke!
Re: Confused by dalaman: 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
oteneaaron:

So lemme get you right. Preaching prosperity isn't wrong in itself or wah?

They give their sermons based on what the masses [b]want to hear[\b]

what was that the message Jesus asked his disciples to preach about

Christianity has become a Joke!

They all want to go to heaven but non of them wants to die.

1 Like

Re: Confused by hopefulLandlord: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2016
Interesting thread
Re: Confused by dalaman: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
If death is pure gain as christians claim why then are they crying instead of celebrating when people die? The Uyo Church collapse comes to mind.

(1) (Reply)

They Have Come Again O. Look What I Found!!! / Dangote Zakat Saved 500, 000 People Out Of Poverty / How Can I Identify The True Religion ????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.