Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? (1063 Views)

Let's Identify The Ways Satan Fight Christian Faith And Profer Solutions / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International / Identify The Sixteen Hidden Books Of The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by lanre56(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
How can I identify the True Religion. One that teaches the truth and puts it in practice??
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by sen8or(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
I advise u wait for the next self acclaimed prophet to come up with his own religion... Else I suggest sports as the truest religion at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by lanre56(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
sen8or:
I advise u wait for the next self acclaimed prophet to come up with his own religion... Else I suggest sports as the truest religion at the moment.
how is that a religion. speak better English
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
lanre56:
How can I identify the True Religion. One that teaches the truth and puts it in practice??

There cannot be such a thing as a True Religion, else it would not be a religion. I often say that all religions are false because they do not change you. When you consider that the underlying premise of any religion is faith, that is faith in the unknown and the unseen it should then become clear that the only truth you seek should be a path to develop your own unique spiritual awareness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by obinna58(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
Must u live with religion, be good to your self and people around you
Religion has nothing to offer you

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
lanre56:
I will answer you but first
Sarassin:

There cannot be such a thing as a True Religion, else it would not be a religion. I often say that all religions are false because they do not change you. When you consider that the underlying premise of any religion is faith, that is faith in the unknown and the unseen it should then become clear that the only truth you seek should be a path to develop your own unique spiritual awareness.
On your individual mind do you ascertain such premise of the impossibility of a true religion?

There is truth. Absolute Truth, not relative to time or space or relative truths men create to delude their minds of the existing TRUTH

my friends listen TRUTH stands the test of time. It cannot be destroyed nor created, it is self existing.

The TRUTH is the only consistent thing through out time, to find the TRUTH seek that which has never changes. Don't settle for less or the imaginations of men, seek the TRUTH with all your heart

I SOUGHT THE TRUTH and found it's existence absolute and pure
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
obinna58:
Must u live with religion, be good to your self and people around you
Religion has nothing to offer you

All men are religious, even you.

Are you religion, do you know religion so how do you ascertain what offers it has

Even the devil jas something to offer sad
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by obinna58(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

All men are religious, even you.

Are you religion, do you know religion so how do you ascertain what offers it has

Hope you know what being religious means
Religion is composed of lies
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

On your individual mind do you ascertain such premise of the impossibility of a true religion?
It is self-evident.
BlueAngel444:

There is truth. Absolute Truth, not relative to time or space or relative truths men create to delude their minds of the existing TRUTH
my friends listen TRUTH stands the test of time. It cannot be destroyed nor created, it is self existing.
The TRUTH is the only consistent thing through out time, to find the TRUTH seek that which has never changes. Don't settle for less or the imaginations of men, seek the TRUTH with all your heart
I SOUGHT THE TRUTH and found it's existence absolute and pure
I am sorry, just a bit slow today, what is this absolute pure truth that you have discovered?
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by lanre56(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sarassin:

we don't know what you saying
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
lanre56:

we don't know what you saying

You asked a question about how to identify the 'true religion' I replied to the effect that in my opinion the search for a true religion is ultimately a futile one.
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by lanre56(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sarassin:

You asked a question about how to identify the 'true religion' I replied to the effect that in my opinion the search for a true religion is ultimately a futile one.
I not think you sure bout this
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
lanre56:

I not think you sure bout this
Ok, when you find the one verifiably True Religion, come back here and let us all know, I think we would all be interested, Good luck.
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
obinna58:

Hope you know what being religious means
Religion is composed of lies
What it means and what it's composed of are two different things that shouldn't be interchanged because of the vast corruption of its term and applications

Piety, being religious, acknowledging the existence of GOD and submission towards GOD
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sarassin:

Have you searched?
If yes, tell us your discoveries that brought such conclusion?
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sarassin:

It is self-evident.

I am sorry, just a bit slow today, what is this absolute pure truth that you have discovered?

The beginning. it was, it is and is forever
The Truth founded the very existence of all things, spirits and beings. The Truth is divine, it gives life.
It can't be revealed by flesh and blood.
The Truth is only way into everlasting life, for in it dwells the light men seek while other grope in darkness.

The TRUTH is real, I have seen it
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by obinna58(m): 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

What it means and what it's composed of are two different things that shouldn't be interchanged because of the vast corruption of its term and applications

Piety, being religious, acknowledging the existence of GOD and submission towards GOD

Then what do call those that doesn't acknowledging the existence of God nor be submissive towards God
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

The beginning. it was, it is and is forever
The Truth founded the very existence of all things, spirits and beings. The Truth is divine, it gives life.
It can't be revealed by flesh and blood.
The Truth is only way into everlasting life, for in it dwells the light men seek while other grope in darkness.

The TRUTH is real, I have seen it

When a Jew stumbles across something true he proclaims to the world 'I have found the truth'
When a Greek stumbles across something true he proclaims 'I have found a truth'

Truth is relative depending on your vantage point. The person looking up at the sky does not have the same view as the person looking down from outer space.

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, it is self-evident that there cannot be such a thing as a true religion, you may believe your religion is true, but you cannot demonstrate it, you are merely reflecting what others before you have said or written down.

Again, all religions are false and man- made. They do not change you, whether you are Muslim Christian or whatever, you remain the same person, if you were intolerant before you became a Christian you merely become an intolerant Christian, if you were tribalistic before you converted to Islam you simply become a tribalistic Muslim and so on, the person remains the same, your religion does not transmute you. You put on one face on a Sunday or Friday, and then Monday or Saturday you revert to type and then the entire process begins all over again.

This is why I wrote to the OP saying he should seek instead to develop his own spirituality which is our Divinely inspired right to aspire to unity with the Divine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by malvisguy212: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
lanre56:
https://www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity

There are differences between Christianity and religion, Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD.
Religion is DOING while Christianity is DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it is finished" The work of our salvation was FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and COMPLETED. A religious man may be likened as a man who try to swim from river kaduna to niger by his own strength, he will never make it. But the man who is save by faith is likened to be a man who get on a ship, hoping it will take him to his destination. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.
THIS ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY.
1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I must do. I must somehow earn or gain salvation by the way I live."
CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something only God can do. Salvation is of the LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).
2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in one word: DO--man trying to DO different things to please God and earn His favor.
CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).
3. RELIGION: The religious man is busy
"working" (doing good works) in order to
be saved.
CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon the finished work of Another. Although he must beware (1 peter 5:
4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human effort, good works, ritualism, traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).
CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of what He did for us on the cross, NOT by our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).
5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they that are in the FLESH cannot please God" .
CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" .
6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking to establish his own righteousness by ignoring the way of the righteousness of God (Rom. 10:3).
CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied with the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).
7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam and Eve made for themselves--a terrible covering (Gen. 3:7).
CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God provided by way of the shedding of BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).
8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to God the labour of my own hands" (Gen. 4:3).
CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to God a blood sacrifice. An innocent substitute must die to save me" (Gen. 4:4).
Good works done by sinful man can never please a holy God. The greatest good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus we are not saved by good works but we are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).
Are you resting fully in the finished work of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ, WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).

1 Like

Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by DeSepiero(m): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
malvisguy212:
https://www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity

There are differences between Christianity and religion, Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD.
Religion is DOING while Christianity is DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it is finished" The work of our salvation was FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and COMPLETED. A religious man may be likened as a man who try to swim from river kaduna to niger by his own strength, he will never make it. But the man who is save by faith is likened to be a man who get on a ship, hoping it will take him to his destination. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.
THIS ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY.
1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I must do. I must somehow earn or gain salvation by the way I live."
CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something only God can do. Salvation is of the LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).
2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in one word: DO--man trying to DO different things to please God and earn His favor.
CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).
3. RELIGION: The religious man is busy
"working" (doing good works) in order to
be saved.
CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon the finished work of Another (christ). Although he must beware (1 peter 5:
4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human effort, good works, ritualism, traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).
CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of what He did for us on the cross, NOT by our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).
5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they that are in the FLESH cannot please God" .
CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without faith [/b]it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" .
6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking to establish his own righteousness by ignoring the way of the righteousness of God (Rom. 10:3).
CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied with the perfect righteousness of [b]Jesus Christ
(2 Cor. 5:21).
7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam and Eve made for themselves--a terrible covering (Gen. 3:7).
CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God provided by way of the shedding of BLOOD(that of Christ)--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).
8.RELIGION: CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to God the labour of my own hands" (Gen. 4:3).
CHRISTIANITY: ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to God a blood sacrifice. An innocent substitute must die to save me" (Gen. 4:4).
Good works done by sinful man can never please a holy God. The greatest good work is GOD'S WORK accomplished by Jesus Christ who offered Himself on the cross as the sinner's Substitute.Thus we are not saved by good works but we are saved unto good works: "For we are
his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).
Are you resting fully in the finished work of Christ? Are you trusting in Jesus Christ, WHO HE IS, WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU and WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS WORD? "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:22).

re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
noun: religion

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

a particular system of faith and worship.

In Christianity, there exist strong belief in and worship of God.
In Christianity, there also exist a particular system of faith and worship (especially through Jesus Christ).

How then on earth is Christianity not a religion?

Jesus Christ is littered allover your post, if I'm not mistaken, you worship him.
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by malvisguy212: 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
DeSepiero:

re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
noun: religion

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

a particular system of faith and worship.

In Christianity, there exist strong belief in and worship of God.
In Christianity, there also exist a particular system of faith and worship (especially through Jesus Christ).

How then on earth is Christianity not a religion?

Jesus Christ is littered allover your post, if I'm not mistaken, you worship him.

what is Jesus argument against the pherasse ? religion is to bind, Jesus did not come to bind us.
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sarassin:

When a Jew stumbles across something true he proclaims to the world 'I have found the truth'
When a Greek stumbles across something true he proclaims 'I have found a truth'

Truth is relative depending on your vantage point. The person looking up at the sky does not have the same view as the person looking down from outer space.

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, it is self-evident that there cannot be such a thing as a true religion, you may believe your religion is true, but you cannot demonstrate it, you are merely reflecting what others before you have said or written down.

Again, all religions are false and man- made. They do not change you, whether you are Muslim Christian or whatever, you remain the same person, if you were intolerant before you became a Christian you merely become an intolerant Christian, if you were tribalistic before you converted to Islam you simply become a tribalistic Muslim and so on, the person remains the same, your religion does not transmute you. You put on one face on a Sunday or Friday, and then Monday or Saturday you revert to type and then the entire process begins all over again.

This is why I wrote to the OP saying he should seek instead to develop his own spirituality which is our Divinely inspired right to aspire to unity with the Divine.

First of my friend the Truth is never seen with the eyes

Like I said flesh and blood revealed it not.

Like you said all we see relative to where to you are.

If you truly believe this is all there is to you. A sand bag of bones waiting to drop into a box, then you cannot reach within nor see beyond, you still live, dwell and are rule by the box you believe is all there is.

When you close your real sight, you will only see that which blinds. The light I speak is not of the day as of the sun nor of the night as refers to the moon. And they only revealed limited to flesh.

To discover your very existence, purpose and value is to know you are not just flesh and bones.

Mere mortals cannot conclude for they know not all in the flesh.

Even in graph there is a point of origin. In travel a true north. If life it's self had no absolute truth then you disbelieve your very existence for their can't be a house without a foundation.

No matter how populated water is, it was once water and when one takes time to remove the dirts, lies and corruptions poured in by pride of men, you will still see it's original from never changed only hidden by the numerous lies that exist
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
obinna58:

Then what do call those that doesn't acknowledging the existence of God nor be submissive towards God

Godless
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by obinna58(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

Godless
They can also be tagged as irreligious
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

First of my friend the Truth is never seen with the eyes

Like I said flesh and blood revealed it not.

Like you said all we see relative to where to you are.

If you truly believe this is all there is to you. A sand bag of bones waiting to drop into a box, then you cannot reach within nor see beyond, you still live, dwell and are rule by the box you believe is all there is.

When you close your real sight, you will only see that which blinds. The light I speak is not of the day as of the sun nor of the night as refers to the moon. And they only revealed limited to flesh.

To discover your very existence, purpose and value is to know you are not just flesh and bones.

Mere mortals cannot conclude for they know not all in the flesh.

Even in graph there is a point of origin. In travel a true north. If life it's self had no absolute truth then you disbelieve your very existence for their can't be a house without a foundation.

No matter how populated water is, it was once water and when one takes time to remove the dirts, lies and corruptions poured in by pride of men, you will still see it's original from never changed only hidden by the numerous lies that exist

I really think you are waffling. The OP posed a simple question, namely how could he identify the one true religion amongst so many others?, I posited that no such religion existed else, it would not be a religion since religion essentially peddles faith in the unknown and the unseen.

Clearly you disagree, in which case I invite you to disclose to the OP the true religion to which you are privy and your reasoning's as to why you believe it is so.
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sarassin:

I really think you are waffling. The OP posed a simple question, namely how could he identify the one true religion amongst so many others?, I posited that no such religion existed else, it would not be a religion since religion essentially peddles faith in the unknown and the unseen.

Clearly you disagree, in which case I invite you to disclose to the OP the true religion to which you are privy and your reasoning's as to why you believe it is so.

With His Heart, Spirit
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by BlueAngel444: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
obinna58:

They can also be tagged as irreligious

grin grin is that a new word you just coined
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by frank317: 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

With His Heart, Spirit

U are just blabbing all over the place without saying anything meaningful

1 Like

Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by obinna58(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

grin grin is that a new word you just coined

Isn't that true smiley
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by Ken4Christ: 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
lanre56:

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

The only sinless man who walked the face of the earth.

The only man born without the agency of a woman.

The only one who died on the cross for the sins of the world.

The only one who rose from the dead.

The only one appointed by God to judge the world.

Jesus is the way. He is the choice you have to make. Ask him to come into your heart and your life will never be the same.

Then, find a bible believing Church to attend.

I hope this helps?
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by lelvin(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
Religion is a lie.
Re: How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? by iamgenius(m): 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
lanre56:
https://www.nairaland.com/3993268/how-identify-true-religion-god

(1) (Reply)

"Newborn Baby Dies After Christian Mother Refuses Hospital Treatment!!! / VIDEO: Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against The Nigerian Gov / 10-yr-old Abducted From Front Yard. But What He Does Next Has Captor Begging Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.