Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? (951 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2016
Good morning my fellow nairalanders!

Pls I will be glad if someone can kindly tell me how much it will cost me to study in USA, starting from traveling expenses to the tuition fee for colleges or university.

Will like to know how much it will cost, knowing the range of money that one should budget if he or she wanna go up to study in USA together with the traveling money with the tuition fee accumulated together.

Thanks while expecting your genuine responds.
Re: What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? by Davidhero(m): 8:25am On Jul 13, 2016
Some Schools differ.

Bt i think the overall expenses minus Scholarships or Grants should be within the range of $40-$50,000.
Re: What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Davidhero:
Some Schools differ.

Bt i think the overall expenses minus Scholarships or Grants should be within the range of $40-$50,000.
bro $40,000 is like 12 million naira.. Are y sure of your estimation?
Re: What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? by dasparrow: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
yourboss:

You know each school differs. Why don't you make a list of colleges/universities you are interested in then visit their websites where they will tell you how much the fee costs for that academic year for foreign students? You will also be able to find out if they have scholarships available for foreign students. Most people don't have the time to conduct the research for you. You have to do it yourself.

Community colleges are generally cheaper than 4 year universities. When I started studying in USA, I started of at a community college which fell under the umbrella of the City University of New York (CUNY) and then after I graduated, I transferred all my credits to a 4 year university thereby saving money. You can try the same. Back in the day, I did my own research, applied on my own and got accepted. How old was I? In my late teens. So, my point is, you can do it. Go and do some research first and if you have any further questions after that, don't be afraid to ask. All the best!
Re: What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? by Davidhero(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
yourboss:
Like i said, each school differs. The lowest tuition fee for Engineering courses i think is abt $16,000 and above, public Universities i mean.
Then if u calculate all the expenses for a year, its close to $40-$50k. But if u got the requirements there are schools that offers free tuition to International students. My advise, make research, check all wat is required then apply.
Re: What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? by Davidhero(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
dasparrow:

You know each school differs. Why don't you make a list of colleges/universities you are interested in then visit their websites where they will tell you how much the fee costs for that academic year for foreign students? You will also be able to find out if they have scholarships available for foreign students. Most people don't have the time to conduct the research for you. You have to do it yourself.

Community colleges are generally cheaper than 4 year universities. When I started studying in USA, I started of at a community college which fell under the umbrella of the City University of New York (CUNY) and then after I graduated, I transferred all my credits to a 4 year university thereby saving money. You can try the same. Back in the day, I did my own research, applied on my own and got accepted. How old was I? In my late teens. So, my point is, you can do it. Go and do some research first and if you have any further questions after that, don't be afraid to ask. All the best!

He has said it all
Re: What Is The Range Cost To Travel And Study In A College In Usa? by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
Post this in US student visa thread.

(1)

Applying For Nigerian Passports Online / Request accomplished. Mods please delete thread. / Tanker Explosion in warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.