Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Treating Parents Right - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Treating Parents Right (631 Views)

WICKED! See This Evil Nanny Treating Baby Like Rag Doll (GRAPHIC VIDEO) / Woman Sets Buttock Of Girl On Fire And Left Her Without Treating Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treating Parents Right by tomquest: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2016
They gave birth to you, nursed you, sent you to school, saw you through life. Now you've graduated, secured a job and even have an apartment to yourself, how do you thank them? There's no limit to the appreciation you can show your parents.

But what I see in the society today baffles me. A successful young man enjoys life in the city while his parent(s) agonizes in the village, sometimes living from hand to mouth.

David (not his real name) works with an oil servicing company in Port Harcourt, earns very well. His dad is late but his mum lives in the village. She's blessed with good health at 62 but that's all. David doesn't take good care of her. I know because Dave is my cousin and his mum is my big aunt. Dave's two younger siblings (fresh graduates) often complain to me how he plays the big boy philanthropist to all the girls in town but hardly sends any reasonable sum back home for his mum's upkeep. The strange thing about these girls he flexes with is that none of them asks after his family, and guy-man thinks he's living life.

He's my age mate, so I once offered my own coded advice: get married bro. That was 4 years ago. He's still a playboy today changing girls like tshirts.

"Honour your mother and father so that your days may be long", is what the scriptures say. Is there anything that can save us from an impending curse and disaster when we fail to treat our parents right and make them happy? I don't think so!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treating Parents Right by okenwa(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2016
U may be correct about the topic, but I want to correct ur concept on "...enjoying in the city " as reflected in the second paragraph.

Is there really enjoyment in the city? Look at these sinarios.
1. Traffic
2. Rent
3. Stressful days
4. Police wahala
5. Heart breakers
6. Robbery here and there. Etc

The village has no experience of these at all. In the village, the only challenge there is
Enemity

So, stressful life in town is not what any reasonable person would want the parents to face.

How do you think about it
Re: Treating Parents Right by eyinjuege: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2016
Pls, you need to call David to order just as you have done here and not just stylishly advice him. Call a spade a spade to his face
Re: Treating Parents Right by tomquest: 9:44am On Jul 13, 2016
eyinjuege:
Pls, you need to call David to order just as you have done here and not just stylishly advice him. Call a spade a spade to his face

Dude is on a fast lane. I'm not the first and last to advise him. But I only mentioned his case to illustrate what many aging parents are going through.
Re: Treating Parents Right by tomquest: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2016
okenwa:

So, stressful life in town is not what any reasonable person would want the parents to face.

I wasn't insinuating he should bring his parent to the city. Just my general advice to people who have the means and are expected to cater for their aging parents.
Re: Treating Parents Right by elektra(f): 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
How will getting married automatically make him start honoring his parents?
Re: Treating Parents Right by tomquest: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
elektra:
How will getting married automatically make him start honoring his parents?

More focus, less distraction from tom-tom chics. Maturity. Hopefully though.

(1) (Reply)

This Is So Cute, Look At How This Couple Learnt Their Lesson. / 24 Year Old Man Rapes 7yr Old Girl That Was Sent To Buy Recharge Card. / Remember This?? Good Or Bad Method Of Feeding Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.