Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion (85430 Views)

Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics / Goat In Yobe Gives Birth To 'Human-Like' Creature (Photos) / In Taraba, Goat Gives Birth To Baby In Human Form (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Dokitadotun: 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
It is genetically impossible for the human spermatozoa to fertilize goat's ovum. They won't just merge. By the way, which goat go fit give birth to something of this size?
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by experimentist: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
Starlet50:
eeeeeewwwwww!!!...datz gross makes me want to puke **nauseated**
[size=15pt]Come, na beta meat you dey yah dey puke at?!shocked after enough palm wine and better pepper soup of this meat eh.. Your life go change.[/size]
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Starlet50(m): 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
experimentist:
[size=15pt]Come, na beta meat you dey yah dey puke at?!shocked after enough palm wine and better pepper soup of this meat eh.. Your life go change.[/size]

Yuck!!!
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by experimentist: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
omgismholly:
hmm...#lipsealed#
hey, how you dey?
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by experimentist: 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
prodiG:
grin FTC is all urs.You've earned it cheesy
[size=15pt]But on a good day, we fit take dis meat do is-ewu pepper soup organize small house party with enough palmie. We go use some do Asun also. After all, it's goat meat.[/size]
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sunnycliff:
It is not possible joor. Human sperm can't fertilize the ovum of a goat. They are genetically and physiochemically incompatible.
Plz tell them. Last time I checked my books, fertilizatn can only occur between organisms of same specie.
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Ganjafama(m): 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
Strawman:
I'm still wondering why a normal human being with sense would want to have sex with an animal undecided

I doubt this news tho
Of course people with polluted minds do have sex with animals? It's called Bestiality.
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by papae1(m): 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
So you mean to tell me that goats also take nine month before giving birth?
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Kiish(m): 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
Anyone who believes that this is as a result of a human sleeping with a goat should pick up a science book. My people perish because of lack of knowledge.
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by DedeNkem: 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
The so-called experts are very incompetent! They're scientifically illiterate.
Deformation is deformation.

Can a goat be impregnated by a human?

Well, the short answer is no. Both animals and plants have evolved extensive mechanisms which prevent this from happening.

First, sperm have to find their way to an egg. In mammals, when the egg is released from the ovary it is surrounded by a loose group of follicle cells. These cells release a chemical signal that the sperm swim toward. If the signal is not correct, the sperm won't find the egg.

While the sperm are swimming up the female's reproductive tract, ions that her body secretes are absorbed into the sperm cells, causing internal changes that are referred to as capacitation. In humans, capacitation takes 5 to 6 hours and must be completed before the sperm can accomplish its next job, which is to penetrate the zona pellucida, or egg coat. The zona pellucida has proteins that are similar to the proteins used by the immune system, and these proteins make cross-species fertilization nearly impossible.

Once the sperm has successfully penetrated the zona pellucida, the acrosome reaction allows the sperm to fuse with the membrane of the egg so that the male's DNA can enter the egg cell. The acrosome reaction requires specific proteins that again prevent hybridization between species.

In order for cell division to occur and create an embryo, the paternal and maternal DNA must line up - another block to hybridization, as DNA varies from species to species enough for this to be unlikely to work.

An interesting side note is that fertility clinics sometimes use enzymes to strip the zona pellucida away from hamster eggs, and then use the stripped eggs to test human sperm for penetrating power. Although healthy sperm can penetrate the hamster eggs in this case, the DNA alignment fails and the fertilized eggs die without undergoing mitosis.

1 Like

Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by skoloppy31(m): 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
wtf
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Malawian(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Angel don blow trumpet o, na generator noise no let us hear am.
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by ussy09(m): 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
timidapsin:
[size=14pt]EVOLUTION![/size]! Is this how goats will look like in the next 30 years? undecided undecided

Enough meat wit out bone abi
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by MrImole: 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
I just googled this picture, it's not online. hope u are sure of what u are saying

Please school me, how does one google pictures?
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by bamirotola: 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
toprealman:
yes

Explain plz
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by akomolafe226(m): 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
him brother

Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Somzii(m): 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
bamirotola:
Is it possible for a got egg to be fertilised by human sperm? Is it possible for animals from different family to impregnate each other?? Like dog sperm fertilising a rabbits ova? Expert plz answer this question...i'm curious
I dunno for other animals o but human egg has a layer of substance called zona pellucida dat prevents d sperm of other species from fertilizing it. It MIGHT b applicable here too

1 Like

Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by ezigr8(m): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
ogidi
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by ezigr8(m): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
ogidi akpo
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by aalangel(f): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
bamirotola:
Is it possible for a got egg to be fertilised by human sperm? Is it possible for animals from different family to impregnate each other?? Like dog sperm fertilising a rabbits ova? Expert plz answer this question...i'm curious

Goats? No. Much too far apart, the genetics are too different.

And, if it could happen, it would have happened many times already on farms around the world and through history.

Our closest animal relative is the chimpanzee. We share about 96% of our DNA.

Other hybrids that have worked but are sterile include mules (male donkey, female horse) and jennys (male horse, female donkey), "ligers" and "Tilions" lion/tiger and tiger/lion.

There's a fertile buffalo / cattle cross that breeds with itself or either anscestor.

DNA differences can be accurately assessed (in a very well equipped genetic lab) by measuring the melting point of the two parent DNAs and of the mix. The mix will melt lower and be 1 degree lower for each 1% of difference in the DNA. So I'd try to find out the difference of what has been done (horse/donkey, lion/tiger) and compare it to the 4% difference between human and chimps.

As someone else said, screwing other primates can (and may well have) created new human diseases. Certainly AIDS came from SIV in apes. Maybe someone was butchering a chimp or a maccaque 70 years ago. Maybe they were doing something else.

Source: Yahoo Answers.

1 Like

Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by bamirotola: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
aalangel:

Goats? No. Much too far apart, the genetics are too different.

And, if it could happen, it would have happened many times already on farms around the world and through history.

Our closest animal relative is the chimpanzee. We share about 96% of our DNA.

Other hybrids that have worked but are sterile include mules (male donkey, female horse) and jennys (male horse, female donkey), "ligers" and "Tilions" lion/tiger and tiger/lion.

There's a fertile buffalo / cattle cross that breeds with itself or either anscestor.

DNA differences can be accurately assessed (in a very well equipped genetic lab) by measuring the melting point of the two parent DNAs and of the mix. The mix will melt lower and be 1 degree lower for each 1% of difference in the DNA. So I'd try to find out the difference of what has been done (horse/donkey, lion/tiger) and compare it to the 4% difference between human and chimps.

As someone else said, screwing other primates can (and may well have) created new human diseases. Certainly AIDS came from SIV in apes. Maybe someone was butchering a chimp or a maccaque 70 years ago. Maybe they were doing something else.

Source: Yahoo Answers.

I celebrate you... thank you for this

1 Like

Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by bamirotola: 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
Somzii:

I dunno for other animals o but human egg has a layer of substance called zona pellucida dat prevents d sperm of other species from fertilizing it. It MIGHT b applicable here too

Really?! I thought zonal pellucida is meant to stop other sperm cells from fertilising d ova after it has been fertilised by the first and smart sperm cell...
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by toprealman: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
bamirotola:

Explain plz
do a little bit of reading via Google and all that. Let me know how much info you've got, then I will add it up.
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by emeijeh(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
MzPecs:

The guy can book space for Africa cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol abi?
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Stalingold11: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
shocked That stuff is disgusting
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by maxzzo1(m): 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
Similar to d one in kano last week....
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by Tosynic(f): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
It is not genetically possibly. This is just a deformed goat.
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by vinjustice(m): 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
ori lomo jareh...
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by lovely17(m): 10:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
bamirotola:
Yeah its called crossed breeding
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by lovely17(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
So you mean that came out of the rectum of a goat
Re: Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion by bamirotola: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
lovely17:
Yeah its called crossed breeding

I don't think that is crossbreeding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos / How Flying Snakes Can Glide Through The Air (Photos) / South Korean Toilet Turns Faeces Into Power And Digital Currency (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.